GDT #Hawktober

Littlebill

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys are going to complain about stupid stuff like a mention of a former Mizzou player in a column, the trolling is deserved. Find something worth complaining about.

Fyi, McKinney is the first player I think about when it comes to a face mask, and I’ve never been a Mizzou fan.

Just now, DeSmetBilliken said:

If you guys are going to complain about stupid stuff like a mention of a former Mizzou player in a column, the trolling is deserved. Find something worth complaining about.

Fyi, McKinney is the first player I think about when it comes to a face mask, and I’ve never been a Mizzou fan.

How can you not think of RIP Hamilton? he literally wore one for years. 

BANG! He Got It! likes this

5 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Don't get the Jacobs thing. I assume he's enrolled and going to classes. If so, what's the hangup w/ the Dbags at the NCAA? 

They are too busy looking into shoe companies paying players and funneling recruits to their programs. Oh wait, since they aren't policing that they have the time, but are going to make damn sure Jacobs didn't take a class pass/fail (Cody Ellis situation, I have no idea what is holding up Jacobs). At what point do the programs not named North Carolina, Duke, and Kansas just say f the NCAA?

6 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

French didn’t look to score much, missed a couple of easy shots. Defense was dominant as always.

I love his defense so much. A couple times he was matched with a guard at the top of the key who thought the could blow by him  for a lay up. French has such good footwork to stay with them and then block/alter their layup attempt. He did the same thing to quick guards last year. I just love watching it. 

He also has great hands on the perimeter to occasionally knock the ball out of guards hands. 

2 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

b.s.   i probably saw mckinney play 2-3 times his entire tiger career.   i couldnt care less if he once broke his nose.   it has nothing to do with the billikens and didnt belong in the article.  it added absolutely nothing to the piece and frankly i lost interest in finishing the article at that point.   i'm pretty much done with ben at this point.  hes an idiot.  

AGB91 likes this

Was at the game for 1st 30 min & left with a 30+ lead.  Read this whole thread & saw no comments about Thatch's drives to the basket.  He has after burner speed - he blew by & thru everyone to the hoop.  Not sure Kwamain ever got there that quick.   Want to see more of him vs UMSL

HenryB and slufanskip like this

49 minutes ago, Major Majerus said:

Was at the game for 1st 30 min & left with a 30+ lead.  Read this whole thread & saw no comments about Thatch's drives to the basket.  He has after burner speed - he blew by & thru everyone to the hoop.  Not sure Kwamain ever got there that quick.   Want to see more of him vs UMSL

He takes some of the longest strides I’ve ever seen. 

Did anyone else notice that they had to bring out a new pair of shoes for Gordon during the first half?

He put them on while sitting on the bench with the game in progress.

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

b.s.   i probably saw mckinney play 2-3 times his entire tiger career.   i couldnt care less if he once broke his nose.   it has nothing to do with the billikens and didnt belong in the article.  it added absolutely nothing to the piece and frankly i lost interest in finishing the article at that point.   i'm pretty much done with ben at this point.  hes an idiot.  

Come on man, you can't be serious

willie and dlarry like this

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

*whispers*

ben covers the bills better than anyone else at the post 

51 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

*whispers*

ben covers the bills better than anyone else at the post 

Whatever you say ben

Gordon likely coasted against inferior talent.  Guys have to learn the speed of the game at the next level.  What worked in high school may not work here.  That's a natural learning curve.  Given Ford's comments on Gordon's learning curve and what Ford calls his 'coachability' I am sure he will adjust quickly and properly.  He dominated garbage time ala high school.  Coming into games against the likes of Cunningham, Stockard, Holloway, Lodge and other bigs in the A10 will require better preparation.  He'll be fine I believe.

AGB91 likes this

11 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Gordon likely coasted against inferior talent.  Guys have to learn the speed of the game at the next level.  What worked in high school may not work here.  That's a natural learning curve.  Given Ford's comments on Gordon's learning curve and what Ford calls his 'coachability' I am sure he will adjust quickly and properly.  He dominated garbage time ala high school.  Coming into games against the likes of Cunningham, Stockard, Holloway, Lodge and other bigs in the A10 will require better preparation.  He'll be fine I believe.

Again, what didn’t you like? His stats were nothing less than impressive. 7/9 14 points, 9 rb’s, 4 assists... Get off the young man’s back. He didn’t start and missed minutes in the first half because of 2 fouls. Oh, and he will be better than fine.....

4 hours ago, Major Majerus said:

And … finishes with his left from the left. Kudos Fred Thatch. Nothing irks me more than to see a player contort his body to finish with his right hand from the left side. I'm amazed by how many good players do it. It's one of the things that made Jordair great. You had to defend both sides of the basket and it was nearly impossible to block his shot as it was always in his away hand

brianstl likes this

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Does anyone else think Carte'Are's uniform has a bit of an old-school look?

Many of the players shorts were a bit more fitted. Must be the new style rather than long and baggy.

Speaking of uniforms, why do men's NCAA teams wear whatever color shoes the player wants but women's teams all wear the same color shoe????? This applies to Billiken teams in addition to others.