2019 - 2020 Ticket Exchange

slu06

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I give away tickets so when I don’t use them people will attend and that is way more important than the school making another 100 bucks.

i bought two extra seats to give away to different people to possibly bring new people to the program we all love.

SLU has enough money and will make more money if Coach Ford can sustain winning teams resulting in basketball ticket prices increasing.

Our best attendance this season was 9000 we need more people in the seats and if it is free I am glad they are there.

I agree with Joe D post about asking season ticket holders.

It is bizarre that it brought out a self-righteous I give more pissing contest poster.

almaman likes this

19 hours ago, slu72 fan said:

No, my reading comprehension is as good as yours. I just wish people would be more committed to helping our program than saving a few bucks. 

I agree with your principle here, but I think you’re attacking the wrong type of person on this. 

A joedavola isn’t the problem buying a ticket from a STH. Hopefully someday soon there is a robust secondary market for the STH crowd to sell their seats if they can’t make a game.

I think what happens on this thread is better for the program than the couple hundred bucks that might be handed through the box office over the course of a season. This thread helps to build and strengthen relationships in the Billiken fandom community. I know back on the Kwamain vs Dayton Mardi Gras game, I got on here and davola actually gave me two for it. I bought him a beer or two. It made for a memorable experience.

As others posted, sometimes it might be bringing someone for the first time that winds up buying a package next year and becomes a STH the following year.

The actual problem is the people who stand outside the box office giving away tickets to walk up people who were going to buy them. 

28 minutes ago, bills10 said:

So now I feel like I’m poking the bear—but I would like to buy some tickets from someone on here for the Davidson game. Going to buy this weekend if no one has any but I figured supporting season ticket holders if they can’t use them is a good way to support the program. 

FYI "people who stand outside the box office giving away tickets to walk up people who were going to buy them"

If anyone has a couple tickets for Davidson they are looking to get rid of, let me know.  Will pay in beers or cash...rather get from a ticket holder than box office.

eastsidejoe and JMM28 like this

7 minutes ago, waitress said:

Davidson fan driving in from Champaign tomorrow, looking for warmer weather, great parking, and a cheap ticket. If I can hit .333, I'll be a happy camper. Prefer a seat in 115, 116, or 117.

You won’t find warm weather or great parking and you can get a ticket from the Box office. 😜

I have 3 free tickets for Wednesday game against Richmond at 6 pm if anyone is interested.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...