Open Practice - October 25, 2018

Zink

I was able to see a practice two weeks ago as well.  Had similar observations about Goodwin/Bess being the unquestioned leaders and 3 point shots looked better. Gordon looked good, definitely playing more inside with Santos gone.  Although we obviously had two bigs on the floor most of the time.  Lot of ball screen into hi/lo action. Thatch was super competitive and physically ready to compete at this level.  Jacobs/Thor both have a ton of time to spend in the weightroom but both know how to hoop.  Obviously every older guy was trying to get in Thor and be physical with him but he rarely turned it over.  Knows how to get to his spots and get his shot off.  Jacobs has to adjust to not being the best athlete on the floor but the coaches were raving about him.  My biggest concern was with Isabell.  Defensive effort was atrocious and it stands out when every other dude is playing their dick off. 

20 minutes ago, Billiken4life5 said:

I was able to see a practice two weeks ago as well.  Had similar observations about Goodwin/Bess being the unquestioned leaders and 3 point shots looked better. Gordon looked good, definitely playing more inside with Santos gone.  Although we obviously had two bigs on the floor most of the time.  Lot of ball screen into hi/lo action. Thatch was super competitive and physically ready to compete at this level.  Jacobs/Thor both have a ton of time to spend in the weightroom but both know how to hoop.  Obviously every older guy was trying to get in Thor and be physical with him but he rarely turned it over.  Knows how to get to his spots and get his shot off.  Jacobs has to adjust to not being the best athlete on the floor but the coaches were raving about him.  My biggest concern was with Isabell.  Defensive effort was atrocious and it stands out when every other dude is playing their dick off. 

-if he wants time he will have to defend, unless we use the Spoon-Highmark metric

1 hour ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Just curious, not that it matters much now, but was Welmer playing when you watched?  Did he look healthy?

He looked healthy but like he didn't trust his body.  Kind of like Gordon Hayward right now.  It wasn't like he was limping, just a little hesitant to go full blow.  Shot it well though.