Most pleasant suprise

papal

1 hour ago, SShoe said:

So far, the most pleasant surprise is how good Tramaine Isabell is.

He really did look like vintage Kwamain out there. Thatch playing like a young Jett and Tramaine as Kwamain will be a good combo for us this year. 

4 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Not that I think he'll be the surprise of the year, but Ingvi's release on that jumper looked very quick. For those who saw him was that a catch and pop? Also, looked to be NBA range. 

he got the pass looked at basket before passing but saw 20 ft of no one and just launched it. nothing but net. other miss was close to 30'.

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Not that I think he'll be the surprise of the year, but Ingvi's release on that jumper looked very quick. For those who saw him was that a catch and pop? Also, looked to be NBA range. 

It was not a catch and shoot. He actually held the ball for a while and pointed toward the floor like to tell one on the players up top to set a pick. Before the player got there, he launched and drilled it. I’m guessing his defender looked away for a second and he took advantage.

After watching Ingvi in the FIBA event earlier this year, he can shoot it with some serious range. He's got a nice looking shot and quick, fluid release. He's not afraid to shoot and he can do it off the catch or the dribble.

He'll need to adjust to the college game a bit - he's not as complete a player as his brother was coming in to Davidson as a freshman - but he'll be a good long-term player for us.

10 minutes ago, slu72 said:

https://twitter.com/SaintLouisMBB/status/1056550933331668993?s=09

It's at 1:35 in the highlight video but it was a nifty play. He pointed to call for an onball screen making his defender lose concentration waiting for the screen which gave Thor some space. Very mature move.

• 1 month later...
Just now, HoosierPal said:

Frankly I expected more offense from Thatch than what he has shown. To me the most pleasant surprise is Bess’ jump shot particularly behind the arc. He had a career 26% and through 9 games is at 37%    

He's a freshman.  I expected Jacobs to be further along than him.  I'm extremely happy with Thatch as a package right now.....

13 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

He's a freshman.  I expected Jacobs to be further along than him.  I'm extremely happy with Thatch as a package right now.....

Yeah he is a freshman. So?  And Bess is a Grad Student. Relevance? A Grad Student can’t be a pleasant surprise?

21 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Frankly I expected more offense from Thatch than what he has shown. To me the most pleasant surprise is Bess’ jump shot particularly behind the arc. He had a career 26% and through 9 games is at 37%    

assume you speak overall not Sunday?

19 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I would amend what HoosierPal says to state that: I thought he would be a little more assertive on the dribble drive and I didn't expect him to struggle with his 3pt shot the way he did.