Most pleasant suprise

papal

To be really successful this season we will need contributions from some unexpected sources.  It will interesting to guess who that may be.  I would eliminate Goodwin,French, Bess, and ,probably Gordon-we know what to expect from them.  That leaves Welmer,Isabell,Wiley,Thatch,Jacobs,Gudmundsson, and Foreman.  Will have much better answer by December

4 minutes ago, papal said:

To be really successful this season we will need contributions from some unexpected sources.  It will interesting to guess who that may be.  I would eliminate Goodwin,French, Bess, and ,probably Gordon-we know what to expect from them.  That leaves Welmer,Isabell,Wiley,Thatch,Jacobs,Gudmundsson, and Foreman.  Will have much better answer by December

giphy.gif

36 minutes ago, papal said:

I bet we’ll have an even better idea by March...50/50.

41 minutes ago, papal said:

Isabell is in the first group.

But I'll play.  I still think if welmer can shoot at least 38% from 3, hes my guy.  His ability to change the game, and get our bigs alone time, along with his rebounding and shot blocking is huge.

moytoy12 likes this

17 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Isabell is in the first group.

But I'll play.  I still think if welmer can shoot at least 38% from 3, hes my guy.  His ability to change the game, and get our bigs alone time, along with his rebounding and shot blocking is huge.

Couldn’t agree more

Agreed that Isabell doesn't belong in this debate. I think we have an idea what to expect. Based on early reports, I think Foreman could have the biggest impact. He looked hobbled much of last year, but if healthy could really be dynamic. I expect a lot out of Gordon, but I think as a freshman he will have his off nights or foul trouble, so having a big like DJ consistently produce will be important. Given our lack of 3-point shooting I think Wiley and Welmer are the most important bench players, but not certain what to expect due to their health histories. Jacobs is a real wild card for me. I have no idea what to expect, but the athleticism is intriguing.

billikenfan05 likes this

43 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I think KC Hankton will be a pleasant surprise.  Perhaps not every game, but he'll come up big on some occasions.

Dude can flat stroke it, shot is as smooth as silk. He'll be the zone buster we need and is one guy who will come in as a great shooter and leave as one.

29 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I think Goodwin will surprise people. We all know he's a star but he will play at an All American level 

coming as close as he did to 3 consecutive triple doubles and now finding out that it has never been done at the D1 level (magic, oscar, etc.  hard to believe) one has to believe that goodwin is all in to do at least that and show the world he is a point guard.  

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

coming as close as he did to 3 consecutive triple doubles and now finding out that it has never been done at the D1 level (magic, oscar, etc.  hard to believe) one has to believe that goodwin is all in to do at least that and show the world he is a point guard.  

I kind of hope that Goodwin doesn’t have to average 7+ rebounds again though. I think with the improved supporting cast handling more of the rebounding duties we can get Jordan up the floor and out on the break more often. This will mean a reduced chance for triple doubles, but I think would make our team better by leading to some easy fast break points.

35 minutes ago, Zink said:

I kind of hope that Goodwin doesn’t have to average 7+ rebounds again though. I think with the improved supporting cast handling more of the rebounding duties we can get Jordan up the floor and out on the break more often. This will mean a reduced chance for triple doubles, but I think would make our team better by leading to some easy fast break points.

His assist will be higher, double double for dayz

1 hour ago, SShoe said:

If you're expecting a certain player to be a pleasant surprise, is it still a surprise when they contribute?

We're surprised you asked.

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Dude can flat stroke it, shot is as smooth as silk. He'll be the zone buster we need and is one guy who will come in as a great shooter and leave as one.

Ford era may provide us with something not seen since Easy Ed days studs waiting on studs to graduate so they can shine with same radiance.

I'll throw my vote to Welmer.  He is mature, I'll assume driven, healthy (hopefully) and was impressive the year he played.  And the different dimension he brings the offense!  Imagine him with two of the other bigs on the floor Gordon, French, or  Foreman on the floor. An offense that would be tough to defend.  

Oh damn, just saw the tweet.

3 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

I'll throw my vote to Welmer.  He is mature, I'll assume driven, healthy (hopefully) and was impressive the year he played.  And the different dimension he brings the offense!  Imagine him with two of the other bigs on the floor Gordon, French, or  Foreman on the floor. An offense that would be tough to defend.  

Are you trying to make us cry?