OT: Darius Miles

crymdg2

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I remember watching Teddy Dupay go off for 40 or 50.

Miles was a freak athlete before freak athletes were common. 

When he was drafted I thought  he was going to be a hall of famer.

3 minutes ago, willie said:

I almost put Teddy Dupay as my second.

The Teddy Dupay game was nuts. When he crossed half court, the crowd was all, "SHOOT IT, SHOOT IT, SHOOT IT" and he would! Bang, from 40 feet out.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i took my son aka crymdg, to see miles play miles senior year at Eastside.    We get to collinsville and miles is sitting by himself, with a sweatsuit and hoodie with headphones on across the floor from the flyers bench during the jv game.  the rest of the team is sitting behind the bench.   i tell my son, "oh man, i wonder if miles isnt playing?"

the jv game at the end of the 3rd quarter the team goes to the lockerroom........except darius.   i am bummed.   it appears darius isnt suiting up.  i assure my son, the game will still be fun as eastside has a good team.  even without miles.   

so the game ends and darius strolls down the bleachers.   stops at the concession stand.   then walks into the lockerroom.   didnt think anything about it, as one would thing he would at least listen to the pregame talk with his teamates even if he wasnt playing.  

about a minute later the team bust out of the lockerroom.   and Darius is the last guy out.   he goes through the warmups and of course starts the game.   

he was spectacular.   he had double digits in everything.  points, rebounds, blocks, assists, steals.   he was on another planet talentwise.   incredible show.   i left there in shock at the display we had just witnessed.   as my son said, greatest high school player performance i have ever witnessed.   

Great story Roy. I guess the stories cover picture would work for your story too.

1 hour ago, almaman said:

Great story Roy. I guess the stories cover picture would work for your story too.

well he didnt have his headband on and he was wearing a hoodie and sweat pants along with his headphones or buds.    but that is about the way he was sitting in the stands at collinsville.   didnt seem all that interested in the jv game.   

oh i left out one other tidbit.   at halftime he didnt go to the lockerroom either.   he stayed out near the bench talking to the cheerleaders.   team didnt stay in the lockerroom long though.   guess coach didnt have much to say.   probably something like, "hey, dont get in darius or gilbert's way.  ok, lets go."  bennie was a hell of a coach.

FromDaEastSide likes this

• 2 years later...

Some big names on there, Tony Allen, Shannon Brown, Will Bynum, Big Baby Davis.

Most of the guys on the list are known headaches though. Also the old JailBlazers teams are represented pretty well.

7 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Some big names on there, Tony Allen, Shannon Brown, Will Bynum, Big Baby Davis.

Most of the guys on the list are known headaches though. Also the old JailBlazers teams are represented pretty well.

Tony Wroten is also involved. Tony is well-known around here for being part of 2011-2012 Washington Huskies team that took a good ass-whooping from the Billikens.