Tailgate

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bumped this thread so I can plan my Saturday, I would like to participate even though it will be a cold Saturday, is this on?

3 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I bumped this thread so I can plan my Saturday, I would like to participate even though it will be a cold Saturday, is this on?

It is still on. Not sure what the turnout will look like, but I have the food ordered (sandwiches, wings, and chips/dip from Smokehouse) and will certainly be there (top of Olive/Compton garage), hopefully not by myself. The forecast does not look great, so what time do people think makes the most sense?

20 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

It is still on. Not sure what the turnout will look like, but I have the food ordered (sandwiches, wings, and chips/dip from Smokehouse) and will certainly be there (top of Olive/Compton garage), hopefully not by myself. The forecast does not look great, so what time do people think makes the most sense?

Appreciate you taking the initiative to try this out.  If I can make the game, then I will come to the tailgate.  I think it's a great idea and hopefully this can become a tradition a few games a year.  

12 minutes ago, joe_davola said:

Appreciate you taking the initiative to try this out.  If I can make the game, then I will come to the tailgate.  I think it's a great idea and hopefully this can become a tradition a few games a year.  

Unfortunately it seems like everyone I tell about it is like that sounds like a great idea, but I can't make it and the weather forecast is working against us. Regardless, I am going to be there and I think this can just be the start of hopefully having some sort of semi regular tailgates to get some excitement going before heading into the game. Due to the cold, I have no desire to stand out there too long, so I am thinking I will get there around 5:00. Hopefully at least some folks show!

10 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Unfortunately it seems like everyone I tell about it is like that sounds like a great idea, but I can't make it and the weather forecast is working against us. Regardless, I am going to be there and I think this can just be the start of hopefully having some sort of semi regular tailgates to get some excitement going before heading into the game. Due to the cold, I have no desire to stand out there too long, so I am thinking I will get there around 5:00. Hopefully at least some folks show!

I plan on getting there around 5:30

TheChosenOne likes this

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

I am planning on stopping in at Pappy's at 4 then coming over to tailgate with you after my meal.

My wife and I will be there looking forward to meeting you and other billiken.com posters.

Happy Friday.

TheChosenOne likes this

52 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-any chance to move to the second level to have at least some protection from the weather? 

I am thinking we will start on the top of the garage and if it is noticeably colder up there as the sun goes down we can move down. 05 does this pretty incredible performance where he juggles torches while riding an unusually tall unicycle with strange Asian music playing, so that will put off some heat.

1 minute ago, TheChosenOne said:

I am thinking we will start on the top of the garage and if it is noticeably colder up there as the sun goes down we can move down. 05 does this pretty incredible performance where he juggles torches while riding an unusually tall unicycle with strange Asian music playing, so that will put off some heat.

I'm no red panda, but I do okay.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Wouldn’t it be colder on the second level without the sun? 

Can confirm after many frigid nights marching in circles for ROTC on top of Compton garage.  The 2nd level is much more preferable when it comes to staying warm.

I doubt I can make this tailgate...but would you like me to make a poll for attendance on the message board and put a brief message on the front page of Billikens.com.  If so, what should the brief message be (100 - 150 words or so).

2 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

I doubt I can make this tailgate...but would you like me to make a poll for attendance on the message board and put a brief message on the front page of Billikens.com.  If so, what should the brief message be (100 - 150 words or so).

That would be great. I think a message like this should work:

Come join us for a tailgate prior to the Troy game, Saturday November 10th at the top of the Olive Compton garage. There will be sandwiches (chicken and beef tenderloin), chicken wings, chips and dip, and beer provided. We will likely be starting around 5:00 and heading into the game around 6:30. The more the merrier.