Tailgate

I was going to call it the official Billikens.com Tailgate, but I didn't request that permission from Steve haha. Regardless, I am looking at putting together a tailgate for the game against Troy on Saturday evening, November 10th on the roof of Olive Compton garage. I had thrown this out to the board a few months back and it gained some traction, so I thought we might as well give it a shot. For the first tailgate I was thinking I would take care of providing some food and beer (so as we get closer I will likely try to get more of a count as far as who is in so I have a general idea how much food and drink to bring) and would just leave essentially a tip jar for folks who were going to drink and/or eat to throw in a bit of $. If anyone has any recommendations on food or anything else, please post below. Does anyone know if this would be something I have to get cleared by the school? I figured with everyone excited for the year this would be a fun thing to do early in the season prior to the true winter weather and then maybe we can do a few more as the season goes on.

Pistol and moytoy12 like this

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

I was going to call it the official Billikens.com Tailgate, but I didn't request that permission from Steve haha. Regardless, I am looking at putting together a tailgate for the game against Troy on Saturday evening, November 10th on the roof of Olive Compton garage. I had thrown this out to the board a few months back and it gained some traction, so I thought we might as well give it a shot. For the first tailgate I was thinking I would take care of providing some food and beer (so as we get closer I will likely try to get more of a count as far as who is in so I have a general idea how much food and drink to bring) and would just leave essentially a tip jar for folks who were going to drink and/or eat to throw in a bit of $. If anyone has any recommendations on food or anything else, please post below. Does anyone know if this would be something I have to get cleared by the school? I figured with everyone excited for the year this would be a fun thing to do early in the season prior to the true winter weather and then maybe we can do a few more as the season goes on.

When we did this with SLUnatics we did have to get it cleared by the school. We had to go through events services which is located in the Busch student center. Sometimes they’re slow on the trigger but overall they’re good to work with. 

The only rule from DPS was no open flames. Another consideration is that it is very difficult to find an electrical outlet on the top of the garage if you would like to have crockpots, speakers, heaters etc.

Judging from how things went with us they may be reluctant to give up the roof for the first game and are likely expecting a good turnout but spots on top of Laclede garage can be booked too and may be more available.  

TheChosenOne likes this

39 minutes ago, Billikid said:

When we did this with SLUnatics we did have to get it cleared by the school. We had to go through events services which is located in the Busch student center. Sometimes they’re slow on the trigger but overall they’re good to work with. 

The only rule from DPS was no open flames. Another consideration is that it is very difficult to find an electrical outlet on the top of the garage if you would like to have crockpots, speakers, heaters etc.

Judging from how things went with us they may be reluctant to give up the roof for the first game and are likely expecting a good turnout but spots on top of Laclede garage can be booked too and may be more available.  

I wouldn’t think that customers paying to park would need permission, but what do I know 

15 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Good idea Chosen thank you and others for setting this up.  My wife and I will make it if I am not working out of town and the grand daughter is not performing for her marching band.  We will bring our own but we will help out with a tip to keep the events like this going.  How exciting this season is going to be.

• 2 weeks later...

I primarily just wanted to bump this and get a better idea of interest. I am going to order some food and bring some beer as well, so keep it fairly easy the 1st time around. Is anyone planning on stopping by? I plan on being on the upper level of Olive Compton garage beginning around 4:00. Hopefully a few of you all can stop by!

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

I primarily just wanted to bump this and get a better idea of interest. I am going to order some food and bring some beer as well, so keep it fairly easy the 1st time around. Is anyone planning on stopping by? I plan on being on the upper level of Olive Compton garage beginning around 4:00. Hopefully a few of you all can stop by!

I had to remind myself that this was for Saturday and not tomorrow. I’ll be der.

I should be in town this weekend so the wife and I would like to meet up with some fans depending on the weather, no rain.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I had to remind myself that this was for Saturday and not tomorrow. I’ll be der.

Great! Yeah, I thought we had a better chance of getting folks to come out on the first weekend game. Hopefully the weather isn't too bad. Looking at the schedule, I think the plan would be to try to do one before the Butler game as well since that is a big weekend non-conference game with a favorable game time (4:00 pm) for tailgating. There is at least a chance this turns out to be you and me drinking by ourselves.

I am planning on ordering some sandwiches, chips/dips, and maybe some wings and will have some beer as well. I figure this first one is more of a feeling out process, so I am starting fairly small and making it easy. Feel free to bring whatever you think will add to the tailgate.

4 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Great! Yeah, I thought we had a better chance of getting folks to come out on the first weekend game. Hopefully the weather isn't too bad. Looking at the schedule, I think the plan would be to try to do one before the Butler game as well since that is a big weekend non-conference game with a favorable game time (4:00 pm) for tailgating. There is at least a chance this turns out to be you and me drinking by ourselves.

I am planning on ordering some sandwiches, chips/dips, and maybe some wings and will have some beer as well. I figure this first one is more of a feeling out process, so I am starting fairly small and making it easy. Feel free to bring whatever you think will add to the tailgate.

Bringing a buddy of mine so a great chance he'll just roast both of us for being pathetic losers if that happens.

Should be sunny in the 40s according to weather app.  I hope to stop by even if just for a short while. I won’t be eating or drinking even if I do make it. 

Im planning on stopping by, even if its brief.