Jontay Porter Out For The Season

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

I seem to remember Martin having injuries derail seasons at Tennessee and led to his firing? 

Martin has never been fired but his teams have always been injury prone. Kind of weird.

Feel terrible for Jontay. Always always always get the money. 

9 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Man the Daddy Porter contract is going to rank right up there with Pujols as one of the worst in sports history.

Not even close. An assistant coach wouldn’t be in the top 100 bad college basketball hires. Got better recruits, not Porters, from it too.

Cant coach and getting paid a lot but nothing close to worst 

Too bad for Jontay. Sucks for him but I feel no empathy for MU basketball fans. 

When I read thua quote a few days ago I thought about posting an OT thread here but decided against it because I am excited about our season and didn't even want to mention MU. With this thread I will include it. We have all talked about it here but I found it funny Dave Matter included this in his recent article on MU's newest recruit. Who will be next Cuonzo flip........

Commitment flips have been Cuonzo Martin’s specialty since he came to Missouri last year. Jackson is the seventh recruit who has picked Mizzou after being committed to play elsewhere since the spring of 2017, following Michael Porter Jr., Jontay Porter and Blake Harris (all pledged to Washington), Jeremiah Tilmon and Javon Pickett (both signed to play at Illinois) and Torrence Watson (Ohio State).

20 minutes ago, pakapablo said:

When I read thua quote a few days ago I thought about posting an OT thread here but decided against it because I am excited about our season and didn't even want to mention MU. With this thread I will include it. We have all talked about it here but I found it funny Dave Matter included this in his recent article on MU's newest recruit. Who will be next Cuonzo flip........

Commitment flips have been Cuonzo Martin’s specialty since he came to Missouri last year. Jackson is the seventh recruit who has picked Mizzou after being committed to play elsewhere since the spring of 2017, following Michael Porter Jr., Jontay Porter and Blake Harris (all pledged to Washington), Jeremiah Tilmon and Javon Pickett (both signed to play at Illinois) and Torrence Watson (Ohio State).

@RamJAMTIME posted the quote in the 2019 recruiting thread.  It is rather concerning to me.

3 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

@RamJAMTIME posted the quote in the 2019 recruiting thread.  It is rather concerning to me.

Circling back to include link to story. Want to make sure people don't think this is fake news. 

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/four-star-forward-tray-jackson-commits-to-mizzou/article_5d6a7957-305e-5f41-b53e-3df93e6f4a9d.html

RamJAMTIME likes this

41 minutes ago, pakapablo said:

Convincing teenagers that they don't need to honor a promise has been Cuonzo Martin’s specialty since he came to Missouri last year. Jackson is the seventh recruit who has picked Mizzou after giving his word to play elsewhere since the spring of 2017, following Michael Porter Jr., Jontay Porter and Blake Harris (all pledged to Washington), Jeremiah Tilmon and Javon Pickett (both signed to play at Illinois) and Torrence Watson (Ohio State).  A handshake on an agreement, according to Coach Integrity, is meaningless.

Paragraph has been corrected, with the truth being added.

moytoy12 likes this

Feel bad for Jontay. Seems like a good kid and he passed up on being a likely First rounder for the opportunity to play this season.

itll be interesting to see what he does next year and whether he comes back to mizzou or still declares. My uniformed guess is he’s back at mizzou.

17 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Feel bad for Jontay. Seems like a good kid and he passed up on being a likely First rounder for the opportunity to play this season.

itll be interesting to see what he does next year and whether he comes back to mizzou or still declares. My uniformed guess is he’s back at mizzou.

I would think that he’s back as well.  However, I’m not so sure he was going to be a 1st rounder.  My guess is that he knew he wasn’t going in the 1st round and that’s why he went back to school.  I don’t know much about the 2019 draft prospects, but imagine he’ll be a projected 2nd rounder again and return to school (again) to try to boost his stock.

2 hours ago, pakapablo said:

For this reason, (Martin's specialty) I have zero empathy for Cuonzo and Mizzou fans.  If anyone deserves bad luck, its Cuonzo.  And don't forget, the rumors remained consistent -- that Cuonzo kept recruiting Carte Gordon.  And don't forget what Cuonzo did to Lorenzo Romar -- low class.  $1 million assistant coach?  Reclassify to play with older brother? 2 straight missed seasons by the Porter boys seems proper Karma

I wish a speedy and full recovery to Jontay.  Concentrate on studies and rehab for his bright future.

Karma is a “B” Poach Martin.

They apply to the NCAA for immediate eligibility for two transfers? How's that possible? I feel sorry for any kid whose injury is so severe it costs him a season, but this is like divine justice for the Poach Coach. Too bad it hurt a young outstanding player. I would rather have seen it come in some form of punishment for the Poacher.