Bill Self- Busted

Brighton

<Very telling that this is not being reported anywhere by ESPN.>

Who need the boost in viewers they usually do better in CBB season as they have more times they can show live product. They're in no hurry to trash entity they will be covering most evenings starting in a few weeks.

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

I still really don’t see why the FBI and the Justice Department put a ton of resources to put people in jail for a shoe company giving money to mostly poor families.

I agree with you on this one.  So many more pressing matters.   However,  Special Agents are often given a lot of leeway on what they investigate,  within the confines of their squad assignment.   If you can get an assistant US attorney on board then you can move forward.   It's easier if it's high profile.

Didn't you hear about the Federal Law Enforcement dog show?  Well the DEA did a demonstration on sniffing out drugs and was rewarded with a bone.  The ATF dog sniffed out some bombs and was given a bone.  The FBI dog came in, humped them took their bones then held a press conference. 

brianstl likes this

On 10/16/2018 at 3:09 PM, almaman said:

<Very telling that this is not being reported anywhere by ESPN.>

Who need the boost in viewers they usually do better in CBB season as they have more times they can show live product. They're in no hurry to trash entity they will be covering most evenings starting in a few weeks.

To be clear, and I think I wasn't at first, when I said that it was very telling that ESPN wasn't covering this, I did not mean that to sound like I thought this wasn't a story.  I meant that it was very telling about ESPN and the culture of covering this stuff up.  Sports news agencies like ESPN and other are just as much a part of the problem as the schools and the coaches.

almaman likes this

8 hours ago, brianstl said:

I still really don’t see why the FBI and the Justice Department put a ton of resources to put people in jail for a shoe company giving money to mostly poor families.

FBI is involved because of wire fraud