OT: Fly the L

Brighton

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

People forget that SLU draws a lot of students from Chicago.

+1. And also that those students took a lot of crap about the Cubs during their entire time at SLU (rightfully so) and now are well aware of who is currently the dominant team in the rivalry, despite the delusion of Cards fans.

JMM28 and Matty Light like this

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Worst thing in the world.  You now see packs of Cub fans running around St Louis.  They might live here.  They might not.  They were SO much more charming as a long suffering group of lovable losers......

Don't get me started on Blackhawks "fans". What a ride it has been for them since they discovered Chicago had a hockey team in 2009!

13 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Don't get me started on Blackhawks "fans". What a ride it has been for them since they discovered Chicago had a hockey team in 2009!

Cubs/Blackhawk fans have officially entered the same territory as Mizzou fans.  Convinced of their vast and enduring superiority with little historical basis........  

Brighton likes this

1 hour ago, QUAILMAN said:

You realize that this is the third consecutive year the Cards have failed to make the postseason, right? And this is the fourth straight years the Cubs have made it... and three of those years they have made it to at least the NLCS?

Who's flopping again?

All we heard from the media and fans was how they were going to become a dynasty. How is that turning out so far ?

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

Worst thing in the world.  You now see packs of Cub fans running around St Louis.  They might live here.  They might not.  They were SO much more charming as a long suffering group of lovable losers......

It pains me that the Chaifetzs are Cubs fans too..

1 hour ago, QUAILMAN said:

You realize that this is the third consecutive year the Cards have failed to make the postseason, right? And this is the fourth straight years the Cubs have made it... and three of those years they have made it to at least the NLCS?

Who's flopping again?

Fans of the team that claimed anyone can have a bad century shouldn't talk about a team missing the playoffs for 3 years.  

TheDude likes this

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Fans of the team that claimed anyone can have a bad century shouldn't talk about a team missing the playoffs for 3 years.  

If a Cubs fan ever says something like that it is clearly tongue in cheek and is an acknowledgement that it is pathetic.

Fans of a team that hasn't seen the postseason in either of the last 3 seasons should not be talking crap about any other team. But I expect nothing less from Cards fans.

1 minute ago, QUAILMAN said:

If a Cubs fan ever says something like that it is clearly tongue in cheek and is an acknowledgement that it is pathetic.

Fans of a team that hasn't seen the postseason in either of the last 3 seasons should not be talking crap about any other team. But I expect nothing less from Cards fans.

When the Cardinals rebuild they contend for wild card spots. When the cubs rebuild they are one of the worst teams in the MLB. 

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

When the Cardinals rebuild they contend for wild card spots. When the cubs rebuild they are one of the worst teams in the MLB. 

Your second sentence makes absolutely no sense.

4 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

See Chicago Cubs 2010-2013. I'll admit worst team in MLB was slight exaggeration. Lol

Still not making any sense. Epstein was hired after the 2011 season, which is when the rebuild leading to a WS win began.

But keep telling me how much fun you're having fighting for wild card spots every year.

13 minutes ago, QUAILMAN said:

Still not making any sense. Epstein was hired after the 2011 season, which is when the rebuild leading to a WS win began.

But keep telling me how much fun you're having fighting for wild card spots every year.

The rebuild for the Cubs started in 1909.

26 minutes ago, QUAILMAN said:

You are acting like the Cardinals have won nothing recently.  In the last decade the Cardinals won a World Series, won two pennants and made the playoffs six times.

Since 2000

Playoff appearances: 7 for Cubs, 12 for Cardinals

Pennants: 1 for Cubs, 4 for Cardinals

WS Championships: 1 for Cubs, 2 for Cardinals

Even if you want to go more recent history...let's say

Since 2010?

Playoff appearances: 4 for Cubs, 5 for Cardinals

Pennants: 1 for Cubs, 2 for Cards

WS Championships: 1 for Cubs, 1 for Cards

I'd say Cards fans are still within their right to talk crap to Cubs fans. 

Maybe i'm the only one that feels this way but I don't consider the Cubs WC play-in game LOSS as making the playoffs this year, even though it technically is. It's essentially an extra game of the season (or in the Cubs' case an extra, extra game) to determine who wins the last playoff spot. So let's knock that down to 6 playoff appearances for the Cubs since 2000.

Good news is, Contreras how more time this off-season to work on his walk celebration for 2019.

9 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Since 2000

Playoff appearances: 7 for Cubs, 12 for Cardinals

Pennants: 1 for Cubs, 4 for Cardinals

WS Championships: 1 for Cubs, 2 for Cardinals

Even if you want to go more recent history...let's say

Since 2010?

Playoff appearances: 4 for Cubs, 5 for Cardinals

Pennants: 1 for Cubs, 2 for Cards

WS Championships: 1 for Cubs, 1 for Cards

I'd say Cards fans are still within their right to talk crap to Cubs fans. 

Maybe i'm the only one that feels this way but I don't consider the Cubs WC play-in game LOSS as making the playoffs this year, even though it technically is. It's essentially an extra game of the season (or in the Cubs' case an extra, extra game) to determine who wins the last playoff spot. So let's knock that down to 6 playoff appearances for the Cubs since 2000.

Good news is, Contreras how more time this off-season to work on his walk celebration for 2019.

Careful - you are starting to resemble a Mizzou fan bragging about their Big-8 basketball success.  Has no relevance to the here and now.

Just now, kshoe said:

Guys, there's not a lot of value in arguing with a Cubs fan that can't even admit that the Cubs tanked to get to where they are today.

I will absolutely admit that and I'm not sure what the problem is with tanking if it gets you to the ultimate prize. Where did I evade admitting that?

2 minutes ago, Brighton said:

How's it feel to lose the division along with a chance to get into the actual postseason in consecutive days ?

It's like Miracle in Memphis in reverse. A dynastic team doesn't do that.

Feels a lot better than not making it at all for a third consecutive year.