Billikens.com Fundraiser

Billikens.com is now 20 years old, and with its increasing popularity, Billikens.com now costs approximately $1,000 a year to run.  The generosity of Billikens.com users has helped keep this site afloat.  We have held 6 fundraisers since 2003, raising over $7,000 during that time.  Costs of Billikens.com, however, have exceeded $9,000, and to get us back in the black, I am starting our 7th fundraiser to get us back in the black.

I have always been proud to say that Billikens.com is supported by donations, and here, I ask for your generosity once more to help keep the site running without having to resort to ads or subscriptions. I recognize that everyone's financial situation is different, so I completely understand if you are unable to donate.

Users can donate at http://www.billikens.com/donate by PayPal, and my venmo username is smrogers.  If you would like to donate by check, please email ([email protected]) or private message me, and I will send you my address.  Please note, I have moved since the last fundraiser, so you will likely need an updated address.

Any level of donation is appreciated.  But for the first time, there will be a reward for donors.  If you donate $40 or more (half a month's server costs), you will receive 10 bonus reactions a day on the message board for two years (the next time I plan to hold a fundraiser).   If you donate by Venmo, simply put your username in the message.  If you donate by PayPal, I will email you to learn your username (if I cannot figure it out from your email address).

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected].

Thank you for your continued support,

Steve

15 minutes ago, drkelsey55 said:

Steve can you take Jerry Palm out of the twiter feed? don't really care about Purde.

I removed him, but it may take a bit for new tweets to bump his tweets out.  (I unfortunately can no longer filter tweets by Keywords)

Thank you to everyone who has already donated.  Since this has come up in a few emails, I want to note that I have moved since the last fundraiser, so people's address books may be incorrect as I no longer live on Sarah St.  If you would like my current address to mail a check, please email or private message me.

9 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

Hey Steve, I want to pay by Credit Card but I also want to know where you live.  Should I send you a pm?

Wants to send Christmas card.

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far!  The generosity of this community never ceases to amaze.  

The fundraiser will keep going likely until the season starts.  I will try to provide weekly updates as we work to retire debt and build up some reserves for the next couple of years.

For an update, we are just over $1900 for the fundraiser from 38 donors.  Thank you to everyone who has donated so far! 

We still have about $350 of debt to retire (and then build up some reserve funds).  So if you want those extra reactions, there is still time ;)

21 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

38 donors. 

Out of curiosity -  how does that number compare to how many active members there are on a given day? It seems like a healthy portion of really active, but also I have no idea what I am talking about. 

12 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Out of curiosity -  how does that number compare to how many active members there are on a given day? It seems like a healthy portion of really active, but also I have no idea what I am talking about. 

Yesterday, Billikens had 874 unique different people visit the site.  [Numbers go up quite a bit during the season].  At the time of this post, 21 users have been active on Billikens.com in the last minute.

2 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

Yesterday, Billikens had 874 unique different people visit the site.  [Numbers go up quite a bit during the season].  At the time of this post, 21 users have been active on Billikens.com in the last minute.

Another question:  how has this fundraiser been compared to the last 2?

53 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Another question:  how has this fundraiser been compared to the last 2?

History of Fundraisers:

• 2003: $400 ~ 15 Donors
  • 2006: $580 ~ 20 Donors
  • 2008: $675 ~ 24 Donors
  • 2010: $1135 ~ 39 Donors
  • 2012: $1677 ~ 36 Donors
  • 2016: $2964 ~ 71 Donors
  • 2018: $2146 ~ 42 Donors

For some context on expenses, in 2003 the web hosting for Billikens.com in a year is what it now costs in a single month.  We have grown a bit.

4 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

History of Fundraisers:

• 2003: $400 ~ 15 Donors
  • 2006: $580 ~ 20 Donors
  • 2008: $675 ~ 24 Donors
  • 2010: $1135 ~ 39 Donors
  • 2012: $1677 ~ 36 Donors
  • 2016: $2964 ~ 71 Donors
  • 2018: $2146 ~ 42 Donors

For some context on expenses, in 2003 the web hosting for Billikens.com in a year is what it now costs in a single month.  We have grown a bit.

I guess some people like make totally random donation amounts.

"Steve, thanks for all you do.  Here's $27."