Welcome Gibson Jimerson

billikentim

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who plays with the defensive intensity that our team did last year will be able to mask some concerns about athleticism.  If he buys in like the guys last year on the defensive side, he'll be fine.  On a broader note, if this year's team buys in on the defensive end like last year's team, we will be fine as a program.

10 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

He does have a little hitch in it, but I don't know that it is slow. FWIW, I think his high release would negate any quickness problems anyway.

Out of reactions but that's it exactly.  A little hesitation on the way up but not super slow.....

5 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

as to the slow release observation, first, his step back is fantastic and even if someone is playing lisch belly button defense on him, i think jimerson showed the ablity to then go to the basket and use his size (6'5" should translate well to the college ranks) to get a mid range jumper which he makes as well.   

second, the guy appears to have no range limits.   some of those shots were 5 feet behind the line or more!   if he is making those, talk about screwing with the defense!

my biggest question will be his ability to guard.   will he be a step slow.   brings back memories of spoon telling highmark, if you cant guard someone, you better be able to out score your defender if you want to play.  foryou youngsters that never saw him play,  highmark played a lot 

The thing I remember about Highmark, is that on those nights that his shot wasnt falling, he would drive to get his points.  And that developed over time.  When a guy can drive as well as shoot from outside, the defender needs to give him a little more room, which then makes the outside shot more effective.

We will just have to see how quick his first step is on D.

mhg

I don't see a slow release at all. The reason it looks slow is his natural shooting pocket is at least 6" higher than most HS level shooters. You normally see that transition or hitch much lower. He holds the ball in his pocket above his forehead which makes it stand out. Where he starts his shot is going to reduce the space he needs to get it off. If I had a complaint it would be his follow through with his off hand. It's a bit inconsistent, he pulls it off early sometimes, and that's really nitpicking. I like his shot a lot. 

moytoy12, Zink and Box and Won like this

8 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

My only thing I can find to criticize is his slow release and that’s reaching.

His release at 0:51 looks pretty quick to me. Regardless, he has range and accuracy. He can definitely work to improve his release speed, but the first two things are just pure talent that is hard to come by.

3 hours ago, Littlebill said:

He does have a little hitch in it, but I don't know that it is slow. FWIW, I think his high release would negate any quickness problems anyway.

+1 didn't see this before I responded below. It's not really a hitch though everyone (and you should have) has a hesitation when they transition from bringing the ball into their pocket to their actual shot. His is just higher so it stands out. 

3 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

If he can’t shoot when he gets here, SLU really is the place where jumpers go to die.  

I know people might hate this comparison, but ....Jeff Reid pre-concussion? 

I can’t say I saw a lot of highlights of Reid, but the Jimmer looks like a shorter, more athletic version of Cody. 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

God damn, my whole point was that my only issue I was concerned about and I had to dig for was what looked like  a slightly slow release.

bad 05 bad.

Jimerson, Collins and Hargrove is an exciting 2019 so far and I believe you feel that way.

Happy Friday

25 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Well this is just unacceptable.  I spent thousands of dollars in therapy and years trying to remove this from my memory and 247 brings it all back.  

image.png.258fed88db0ad148eb1db23ffaa7f95d.png

Good info but then I saw who they still have listed as coach - after 2 years of him being gone - makes you wonder about their cred.

On 10/5/2018 at 10:49 AM, Glorydays2013 said:

according to HoosierPal based on statistics Reggie A is the best Billiken 3pt shooter in our history

TGloryTDays1985, are you bored today? Not enough homework assigned for the weekend?

Before you post again on statistical issues, do your homework.  Reggie Agbeko is in fact TIED for the highest 3 point % in Billiken history.  Your assignment, Mr. Phelps, is to figure out who he is tied with.  Please report back to class by opening bell on Monday.

"Alex, I'll take Billiken 3 point shooters for $200."

Here are some hints:

There are two other players with 100% 3 pt FG career.

One transferred in and one transferred out.

One is a local player and one is from Chicago.

Most of the adults on this board saw both play.

Spoon-Balls likes this