Welcome Gibson Jimerson

billikentim

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

Ford and Company can not send a tweet out - breaks NCAA rules.  They can only comment once he signs NLI

When Hargrove, Collins, carteare, etc committed Coach Ford sent a tweet that says “great day to be a Billiken” or something similar.

For example, when Mario McKinney committed to Mizzou the Mizzou basketball team just so happened to tweet a jimmy McKinney highlight. 

Just was thinking we would seem some sort of acknowledgment - a wink and a nod - from the staff.  

I like that every kid Ford and his staff sign (understand this isn’t a signing yet) have made sense on paper. Obviously all of these kids won’t be stars nor work out, but it is clear the staff has a clear plan and goes and gets guys that fit and as a fan that makes it difficult to be overly critical. Keep it up!

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

When Hargrove, Collins, carteare, etc committed Coach Ford sent a tweet that says “great day to be a Billiken” or something similar.

For example, when Mario McKinney committed to Mizzou the Mizzou basketball team just so happened to tweet a jimmy McKinney highlight. 

Just was thinking we would seem some sort of acknowledgment - a wink and a nod - from the staff.  

He can say that everyday.

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

You like to tell people what we need. 

Come on 05, don't we all like to do that?  That's what this Board is all about, at least we have moved from the days of VTIME telling us we need every D2 level player in the STL area!

Speaking of what we need, I fall into that category as can be seen in my post a few minutes ago in the 2020 recruiting thread.  Feel free to disagree.

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

You would rather that he didn’t repeat it?  Confusion here. 

Someone commented that it’s weird that nobody else has confirmed the commitment. And then a reply to that said that Stu just reported it as well. My point was that Stu’s report was probably not an additional confirmation but just a repeat of a tweet he saw. 

25 minutes ago, QUAILMAN said:

Someone commented that it’s weird that nobody else has confirmed the commitment. And then a reply to that said that Stu just reported it as well. My point was that Stu’s report was probably not an additional confirmation but just a repeat of a tweet he saw. 

Good thought. 

This 2019 class is really coming together. We have a floor general (Collins), a versatile athlete (Hargrove), and now a skilled sharpshooter in Jimerson. Very complementary and allows us to aim high with the remaining scholarships or save them until spring to see what needs develop. As many others have said, I’d also like another frosh big and then a grad transfer. Also would be ok focusing on the various high-caliber 2020 locals now that 2019 is in good shape. 

Great job by Ford, and welcome to Team Blue, Gibson!

4 minutes ago, Zink said:

This 2019 class is really coming together. We have a floor general (Collins), a versatile athlete (Hargrove), and now a skilled sharpshooter in Jimerson. Very complementary and allows us to aim high with the remaining scholarships or save them until spring to see what needs develop. As many others have said, I’d also like another frosh big and then a grad transfer. Also would be ok focusing on the various high-caliber 2020 locals now that 2019 is in good shape. 

Great job by Ford, and welcome to Team Blue, Gibson!

Wouldn't hurt to have a regular transfer as well if there is someone we like available in the spring.  If we could find another Jevon Bess that would work out well.

4 hours ago, bauman said:

Come on 05, don't we all like to do that?  That's what this Board is all about, at least we have moved from the days of VTIME telling us we need every D2 level player in the STL area!

Speaking of what we need, I fall into that category as can be seen in my post a few minutes ago in the 2020 recruiting thread.  Feel free to disagree.

Speaking of VTime … we had a walk on dunk at Billiken Madness, shouldn't we offer him a scholarship