Santos Withdraws From SLU

slufan13

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Ellis and Loe being threats to shoot probably did open up driving room for guys like Jett.  However, watch Dwayne Evans in the link below and observe how many times he sets a pick or clears the lane for Jett (Loe did this in a few of the highlights as well - he got much better at it later in his career - which has little to do with his shooting).  Neither Evans nor Jett were really threats to shoot, but they could still play off each other to get Jett space.  DE needs more praise for doing this type of thing that doesn't show up anywhere in the stat sheet.

Edit: I know Loe (and presumably Ellis) played a part in Jett being open as well.  I was more trying to point out / appreciate DE's work in freeing up Jett.  These guys were all doing their part / working as a team and it is easy to miss the individual contributions if you aren't paying attention.

On every one of Jett's drives for a lay up on this video, our center is at the three point line.  It's what RM wanted.  Almost every game, the first offensive play was a pick and pop to Loe.  Whether he made it or not, it forced his defender to come out to the three point line with him.  This opened up the lane.  This was just one of the ways that RM was a coaching genius.

Zink, ACE, slufanskip and 1 other like this

On 9/26/2018 at 10:20 AM, cheeseman said:

You can continue going to school and practicing if you have incomplete as long as you complete it by the start of games.  We really do not know what his grade status was.

We Billiken fans think we are cursed. Bad crap happens everywhere. LSU player Wayde Sims was shot and killed in a subway restaurant. 

54 minutes ago, willie said:

We Billiken fans think we are cursed. Bad crap happens everywhere. LSU player Wayde Sims was shot and killed in a subway restaurant. 

Just watched the press conference for this. I can't imagine what Will Wade went through first finding out the news, then turn around and tell his team about it shortly after. Feel awful for Sims' family, friends, and teammates.

HoosierPal likes this

On 9/26/2018 at 1:32 PM, White Pelican said:

My memory is (and I was there) that he finally became eligible (thank you NCAA, you dicks) in time for the conference season. I would have used him too.

Without Ellis that year, we don't make the post-season and momentum stalls.  Further, Ellis possibly less productive the next year due to the firecracker injury and then mono.

On 9/26/2018 at 10:34 AM, wgstl said:

I just think EW adds more of what we lack(outside shooting) than what Santos can bring in, defense.   We already know we're going to be a good defensive team, my worry is scoring.

I will refrain from giving my full thoughts on EW right now and wait to see what he can do now that he is healthy (for now) but I am very skeptical of what he can do and truly add to this team.

Let the season begin!!

55 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

I will refrain from giving my full thoughts on EW right now and wait to see what he can do now that he is healthy (for now) but I am very skeptical of what he can do and truly add to this team.

Let the season begin!!

IMO the only reason to be skeptical of EW is his health (which is admittedly a major question mark).  He proved during his freshman year of eligibility that he can be a contributor (if healthy).  The guy shot 37% from 3 while blocking 32 shots.  There is a role for him because his skill set is so much different than any of our other bigs.

HenryB and slufanskip like this

16 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

I expect good things from EW this year. Of course, I'm the one who picked him as leading scorer going into last season, and we know how that worked out.

I like Welmer's game and all, but you seriously picked him to be our leading scorer last year?

Box and Won likes this

I’m having a REALLY GOOD YEAR this year ( just had our first SON! And many other things) 

this is going to be a great year for the Billikens. Chicken littles, get it together. The pros far outweigh the cons. 

I’m  over Santos. Just focusing on finding a babysitter to make some games. 😜

29 minutes ago, BilliKitty said:

I’m having a REALLY GOOD YEAR this year ( just had our first SON! And many other things) 

this is going to be a great year for the Billikens. Chicken littles, get it together. The pros far outweigh the cons. 

congrats, name?

45 minutes ago, BilliKitty said:

Congratulations BilliKitty, is this your first child as well?

Lol, actually my sister has the boy named gus.

this is my second child. His name is Dean Michael. My daughter Brynn is already a big Billikens fan :) 

9 hours ago, BilliKitty said:

Great post and best wishes to all,  you made a dark thread bright.