Santos Withdraws From SLU

slufan13

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Foreman was hospitalized this summer with some strange condition.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Last week this board was claiming Santos as a beast, best player in practice, with a huge upside.  Now he is 'replaceable'.  Which is it?

Regular season, Santos' presence really won't matter. What I am upset about is how much he will be missed in March. 

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sucks and it's going to hurt the team.  We will never know how much but it will hurt.

He obviously did something so he gets a big middle finger from me.

Unfortunately, with all that went down last year these guys need to be perfect angels. If it seems like a bad idea it probably is.

It may not be fair but the basketball team will be held to a higher standard because of the bad press from last year. 

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Please explain.  

Even without Santos, I don't think any of the current teams on our schedule will outmatch a front court of French Gordon and Foreman. Still, Brianstl made a good point about his impact on practices and scrimmaging. This is definitely a blow but I don't believe it will derail our chances of being a top 25 caliber team or winning the A10 outright (As long as the rest of our bigs stay healthy)....

1 minute ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Even without Santos, I don't think any of the current teams on our schedule will outmatch a front court of French Gordon and Foreman. Still, Brianstl made a good point about his impact on practices and scrimmaging. This is definitely a blow but I don't believe it will derail our chances of being a top 25 caliber team or winning the A10 outright (As long as the rest of our bigs stay healthy)....

I don't need to agree, but you answered my question.  I asked for your explanation and you provided it.  Thank you.  

We all obviously hope all players remain healthy.  It is now more important than it was yesterday.

31 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Foreman was hospitalized this summer with some strange condition.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Last week this board was claiming Santos as a beast, best player in practice, with a huge upside.  Now he is 'replaceable'.  Which is it?

It is a well documented and controlled condition, not a “strange” one.

The board also said Cody Ellis would be a Wooden award winner, Zeke Moore would be someday be better than Kwamain Mitchell, and Reggie Agbeko was an unstoppable outside shooter.   The opinions on “The Board” are about thoughtful as a Skip Bayless hot-take.

rgbilliken likes this

3 minutes ago, ARon said:

It is a well documented and controlled condition, not a “strange” one.

The board also said Cody Ellis would be a Wooden award winner, Zeke Moore would be someday be better than Kwamain Mitchell, and Reggie Agbeko was an unstoppable outside shooter.   The opinions on “The Board” are about thoughtful as a Skip Bayless hot-take.

Your post is ridiculous. You take something one idiot might have said and make it sound like it was the consensus of the board. 

TheChosenOne likes this

54 minutes ago, Brighton said:

"ZOMG We're cursed !!!!1"

Good grief.

However, get a hold of your kids, TFord.

If we want to compete with the best we take some kids that may not have had the greatest upbringing and role models. This happens in every program. I want Ford to continue to take the best players possible even if situations like this may happen once in awhile. 

2 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

If we want to compete with the best we take some kids that may not have had the greatest upbringing and role models. This happens in every program. I want Ford to continue to take the best players possible even if situations like this may happen once a year

FIFY

Jesus Christ. Starting to get super stupid. At what point, Billikens players, are you all going to start keeping each other in check for the greater good? Come on. SMH

Brighton likes this

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

If someone says, this isn’t world war 3 do you understand that WW3 doesn’t actually have to happen for someone to understand what it means?

The key word you are missing is "related".  If someone said this isn't WW3 related then yes I would say that the person is referring to WW3 exisiting.  

QUAILMAN likes this

Situation 2 involved 3 players that did not play at all that season, and one that did play partially (Goodwin). Situation 2 has been discussed for a long time and in great detail. It did effectively gut our team last season. Whatever happened with Santos he has withdrawn from SLU after being suspended indefinitely. It is tough to lose Santos, BUT the loss of one player does not gut  our team for this season. As terrible as this is, he is apparently gone and the team remains in reasonably good shape.

6 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

“He was described by some as being the most athletic player on the SLU roster as well as boasting size and power.”

The most athletic player on the roster lol

Yes. People who saw the team play have said he may have been the most athletic with his combination of size and athleticism. This is a big loss. We lose the depth of our front line which was going to be a major strength going into this season. Very disappointing. We are a hurt DJ foreman away from being almost back to where we were last year in regards to our forward depth. 

Don't get me wrong still pumped for Friday. Just less pumped.