Billiken Madness

Cowboy

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Guy Phillips KILLED the energy in that building. I don’t think this is hyperbole. Andre Craig should have announced the team from the stage.

gus was horrible last night.   i think it was a dunk by jacobs that he announced  gordon.   a few of the newbies scored and the ball was already at the other end before he announced who scored.   he had no clue who our players were.   why is he allowed to continue?

9 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

Is there no dedicated student section? Not able to watch consistently, but looks like they reconfigured the stands such that the student section isn’t in its normal configuration.  If so, that’s dumb.

i would assume that was because they wanted the stage to announce the teams with the curtain behind the stage for them to enter from.   that wont be there for the season and the students and band will be back to normal setup

Thanks to all that attended and post their thoughts.  My wife had to work on Saturday otherwise we would have been there.  Thanks to all that put up the links that allowed me to stream the event.  The best parts were seeing Welmer running again, seeing the whole team and that Andre is back again as the MC.  I agree that Andre would have been a better choice to announce than guy.

23 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

gus was horrible last night.   i think it was a dunk by jacobs that he announced  gordon.   a few of the newbies scored and the ball was already at the other end before he announced who scored.   he had no clue who our players were.   why is he allowed to continue?

I think we have talked about this and apparently Tucci  is a personal friend and he wants Gus.  Money talks as I am sure you know.

gus is so bad that at some point the money shouldnt matter.   he takes absolutely no pride in his work proof of that is not knowing who the players were last night.  just sad to have such a hack as our PA guy.  

on a more positive note, fred Shaft thatch is the real deal.    i assumed he was a player, but he is a ready to go player imo.   biggest positive takeaway of the night imo.   

Spoon-Balls likes this

11 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

gus is so bad that at some point the money shouldnt matter.   he takes absolutely no pride in his work proof of that is not knowing who the players were last night.  just sad to have such a hack as our PA guy.  

on a more positive note, fred Shaft thatch is the real deal.    i assumed he was a player, but he is a ready to go player imo.   biggest positive takeaway of the night imo.   

Great to hear that we need some of these new guys to step up after Santos withdrawal.

14 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, willie said:

I’m sorry I just don’t get this hatred of Guy. I thought he did a damn good job. Had the right amount of irreverence. 

Is this tongue in cheek? Yesterday was so embarrassing and I have never railed on the guy before. He is literally cracking jokes at the PLAYERS instead of hyping the crowd. He missed several names. He made the event about him instead of the guys. His whole tone is depressing. He may be mediocre announcing games when you just need to say a name (though he has about a 10% error rate), but yesterday was not something he should have been doing. I can honestly say that I have never heard a worse PA announcer at any sporting event than what I witnessed last night.