Billiken Madness

Cowboy

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

Does anybody know if it will be streamed? If there are no plans, I'm sure that there are several of us MBM's who would happily make a donation to anybody willing to stream through Facebook Live or some other service....

I asked the MBB twitter account this question but have not received a response. 

15 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Maurice Jeffers had a "Conklin summer" long before Conklin arrived!

this true.  he has a huge improvement

35 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Regarding "Conklin summers" -- (2 actually):  I suggest everyone keep an eye on Santos: an absolute beast who has been really impressive in practices...  clearly the overlooked gem among the new players who will get minutes this year.

Based on nothing other than a hunch (and the work he has put in), I've long suspected that Santos is going to have a really strong year. 

4 hours ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

Does anybody know if it will be streamed? If there are no plans, I'm sure that there are several of us MBM's who would happily make a donation to anybody willing to stream through Facebook Live or some other service....

MBB tweeted me back and said they are looking into a live stream possibility. 

BillikenBoy10 likes this

51 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Regarding "Conklin summers" -- (2 actually):  I suggest everyone keep an eye on Santos: an absolute beast who has been really impressive in practices...  clearly the overlooked gem among the new players who will get minutes this year.

Hey Doc just for fun, because as Alan Iverson said were talking about Practice, how do you see the front court rotation? 

57 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Good to see you back. 

9 minutes ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

Sweet....thanks for the update. One would think the infrastructure is in place, so it should be a pretty cheap way to showcase the program. Really hope it comes to fruition.

You also want to make sure as many people come to the event as possible. Streaming could also hurt attendance although it would probably be minimal 

6 minutes ago, willie said:

I assume that' s to attract more students. 

i think it is because of the volleyball game that night.   9 is the earliest they could do it.  

30 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

You also want to make sure as many people come to the event as possible. Streaming could also hurt attendance although it would probably be minimal 

Yeah, I can understand that. My thought is that if you are die hard enough to care about a midnight madness event, you will do what you can to show up in person. I think the only people who would watch online are those who couldn't make it anyway....plus or minus a handful.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I imagine the trust of the marketing is to get students to show up.  If a student is on campus and interested enough to stream the event then i have to believe they’d just show up. As Nash said, I think you’re only impacting a handful of ppl that would show up without a live stream.