Recruiting - 2028 Class

thetorch

I'll grant you he has good spin moves, but he never goes to his right. I understand there's dissension on the roster as his teammates consider him a black hole. Once he gets it it's never coming back. Kid needs more ball handling drills and who's coaching him? Someone needs to step up their game.

I coach a 2027 team comprised of 9 white boys from the same school. We are pretty good all things considered and win our fair share of games in various leagues around St. Louis. But when we played this 2028 team last spring they absolutely destroyed us. They've got a girl on the team that's as good as any of the boys and will be at UConn if she continues on this trajectory.

They are third graders this year if any of you want to go scout them...

5 hours ago, kshoe said:

I coach a 2027 team comprised of 9 white boys from the same school. We are pretty good all things considered and win our fair share of games in various leagues around St. Louis. But when we played this 2028 team last spring they absolutely destroyed us. They've got a girl on the team that's as good as any of the boys and will be at UConn if she continues on this trajectory.

Reading this post I started thinking about this grade school team playing a game with a bunch of random guys wearing Billiken gear standing in the corner taking notes.

3 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Reading this post I started thinking about this grade school team playing a game with a bunch of random guys wearing Billiken gear standing in the corner taking notes.

Gotta make inroads early with the families. Important to be seen at these events to establish relationships.  Don’t want these kids to think we are disrespecting them like we have disrespected Vashon for years. (Blue font)

RiseAndGrind and SLU_Lax like this

5 hours ago, kshoe said:

I help coach a 3rd grade CYC team and we will play anyone anywhere!  Played up in the 3rd grade  as 2nd graders last year and took our lumps but this year we are ready to raise some banners. 

10 hours ago, kshoe said:

Need to get your kids on the juice. 

You'll have the only 3rd grade team around participating in no shave November. 

I hope this thread gets dredged up for the actual recruiting year.

I used to ref games like these.  I reffed Team Ramey when they were a grade school team regularly.  Everyone on their squad was a ranked player in 2nd and 3rd grade, when I'd call traveling or carrying the ball the parents would woof at me and tell me how highly ranked their kid was.  Doing tournaments full of these teams was a nightmare.  I wish I had the rosters of these teams and see most of the players couldn't make JV in high school.