3 major pub highlights & lowlights

bauman

For those of you that do not see the 3 CBB prediction magazines, I thought I'd give you a few comments from each.

Conference champion and top 6:

ATHLON                                                                                 LINDY'S                                                    STREET & SMITH

1.     Davidson                                                                       SLU                                                             SLU

2.     SLU                                                                                   GMU                                                          GMU

3.     SJU                                                                                   SJU                                                            SJU

4.     URI                                                                                   DAV                                                             DAV

5.     GMU                                                                                SBU                                                             UMASS

6.     VCU                                                                                 UMASS                                                       RICH                                                                                    

ATHLON ----------------------The Good (G) and the Bad (B)    (my apologies to Roy, but I am not going to type out all these player names, but no disrespect intended)

G---------------Probably the best analysis of the Bills with appropriate mentions of HF, CAG, DJF and LS in its Frontcourt section and of JG, TI, Bess and DW when discussing our backcourt.

G--------------Comments---Team is as deep and talented as any in the A-10/When looking at talent and depth the Bills are the class of the league/Can Ford develop a cohesive team with a roster that has at least 10  players good enough to warrant   quality minutes/Schedule that includes FSU, Butler, SH and Houston early will test the Bills.

B--------------Picks 1st and 2nd team all conference players and only lists HF on the 2nd team.

LINDY'S-------------------------Some of this pub was copied on a different thread

G------------Has picks for 1st-3rd team all conference:  1st ----JG;  2nd ---JB;  3rd----HF

G-----------Recruiting.  SLU has the "Best Group" led by CAG, DW, and TI.  Number 1 signing coup---CAG.  Most likely recruit to make NBA--CAG, just not right away.  Best shot at all conf.---CAG

G----------HONOR ROLL SECTION------------------PLAYER OF THE YEAR  (DRUM ROLL)   ---------------------JORDAN GOODWIN!

G----------Comments-this could be one of the best seasons in school history;  Bess easily a candidate for POY

B---------weak and short team analysis section/mentions CAG as 75th in ESPN FR ranking, yet in its own listing shows him as 60 (no SPUMAC recruit listed in top 100).

STREET AND SMITH

G---------Most complete team analysis, even mentioning THOR/KCH/FT and DJ.  When discussing LS writes that we will be one of the league's best teams in the lane (who could possibly be better?)

G--------TI selected to all newcomer team and JB picked for all defense team

B-------No Billiken named to all conference team

B------CAG not named to all newcomer team (Hello, hello S & S writers!!!)

I hope this is helpful to those of you not able to see some of the national CBB magazines.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

1 hour ago, bauman said:

STREET AND SMITH

G---------Most complete team analysis, even mentioning THOR/KCH/FT and DJ.  When discussing LS writes that we will be one of the league's best teams in the lane (who could possibly be better?)

G--------TI selected to all newcomer team and JB picked for all defense team

B-------No Billiken named to all conference team

B------CAG not named to all newcomer team (Hello, hello S & S writers!!!)

I hope this is helpful to those of you not able to see some of the national CBB magazines.                                                                                             

They picked us first AND had no all-con players? That's a first

https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/atlantic-10-basketball-preview-2019

Here is yet another preview.  I like the way they break up the league, into three tiers. 

Ford COY and Grady POY.   Be sure to look at the table summarizing Goodwin and French on the floor together.  Interesting.

Of the 15 players on this publication's three A10 All Conference teams, 12 are guards. Goodwin First team, Isabell Third team and Isabell Newcomer Team

TheDude and Zink like this

4 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/atlantic-10-basketball-preview-2019

Here is yet another preview.  I like the way they break up the league, into three tiers. 

Ford COY and Grady POY.   Be sure to look at the table summarizing Goodwin and French on the floor together.  Interesting.

Of the 15 players on this publication's three A10 All Conference teams, 12 are guards. Goodwin First team, Isabell Third team and Isabell Newcomer Team

That’s a pretty great set of write-ups. Easily the most in-depth preview I’ve seen, good find. 

5 hours ago, Zink said:

That’s a pretty great set of write-ups. Easily the most in-depth preview I’ve seen, good find. 

yep. Never in the Grawer 'n' after era has this line been used about our team;

"forming an incredibly potent frontcourt that could simply overwhelm most of its A-10 counterparts with size and athleticism."

15 minutes ago, almaman said:

yep. Never in the Grawer 'n' after era has this line been used about our team;

"forming an incredibly potent frontcourt that could simply overwhelm most of its A-10 counterparts with size and athleticism."

Three other fun quotes. The last one in particular, is a new angle.  

(Goodwin = a dime store Marcus Smart).

.......the Gateways to the Glass inside (yep, that’s what I’m calling the front court),

If Travis Ford doesn’t over-coach this team, a conference title is definitely within the realm of possibility, and the NCAA Tournament is twinkling in the distance.

29 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Three other fun quotes. The last one in particular, is a new angle.  

(Goodwin = a dime store Marcus Smart).

.......the Gateways to the Glass inside (yep, that’s what I’m calling the front court),

If Travis Ford doesn’t over-coach this team, a conference title is definitely within the realm of possibility, and the NCAA Tournament is twinkling in the distance.

Jordan Goodwin is much better than that!  He's no less than a Marshall's/TJ Maxx Marcus Smart!

46 minutes ago, Major Majerus said:

This thread has been a great disappointment to me - I thought I was going to learn of cool pubs where I could watch hoops & drink my IPA 🍻😎

I was torn between writing out publications or just using pubs-I should have been clearer so as not to raise your anticipation.  😉🍺