Billiken Apparel

Glorydays2013

1 hour ago, BuiltFordBills said:

Randomly stumbled across this site and I thought they had some decent shirts and other products with the older billiken logos. (The site couldn't spell billiken right though smh)

https://vintagebrand.com/p?pt=7&tr=99

Holy sh!t they spelled Billikens wrong in the listing when it’s right there in the logo. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

Randomly stumbled across this site and I thought they had some decent shirts and other products with the older billiken logos. (The site couldn't spell billiken right though smh)

https://vintagebrand.com/p?pt=7&tr=99

I have some stuff from this site. Got some Bills stuff and Football Cardinals stuff. I wear it all the time.

Billiken is big in Alaska for some reason. Had some people come up to me with a billiken shirt on and asked if I was from there. Makes sense for Seattle. 

also they were able to mass produce jerseys for a student section that were great but couldn’t make more and make $$$ off them? Gross incompetence 

1 hour ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Billiken is big in Alaska for some reason. Had some people come up to me with a billiken shirt on and asked if I was from there. Makes sense for Seattle. 

also they were able to mass produce jerseys for a student section that were great but couldn’t make more and make $$$ off them? Gross incompetence 

Here is a good site to read some history of the Billiken particularly outside of the st. Louis region.

http://churchofgoodluck.com/Billiken_Lore.html

7 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Why aren’t we using “Grin and Win” as a slogan?

A couple years ago they had a series of lectures for the bicentennial.  One was on the history of the "Billiken."  A gentlemen hosted it who was the historian emeritus for the university.  I knew more than him and I nearly walked up to the front of the hall and took over the lecture.  We all lament SLU going half ass on so many things but refusing to use or much less acknowledge the storied history of the mascot is a real crime.  There is a rich history there that can be marketed and branded to build a better identity for SLU athletics and it is going to waste.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Is there no such thing as a Saint Louis University Basketball license plate frame? Cause I'd sure like to screw one of those onto my motor vehicle. Didn't see one pop up via the googles machine. 

rally house has them. 

2 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Is there no such thing as a Saint Louis University Basketball license plate frame? Cause I'd sure like to screw one of those onto my motor vehicle. Didn't see one pop up via the googles machine. 

Check the bookstore website.  I don't know that it will be specifically for basketball, but I think you should find something there with the university on it.

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

rally house has them. 

Okay great, thank you. I saw the general Saint Louis University frames on their website but did not see one for basketball.  

6 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Check the bookstore website.  I don't know that it will be specifically for basketball, but I think you should find something there with the university on it.

I currently have a Saint Louis University Alumni frame on my car that I bought from the bookstore but wanted to update that to a basketball-specific one if I could. 

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

idk if this is what you're looking for but the SLU athletics website actually has quite a few options for once. 

https://slubillikensgear.merchorders.com/saint_louis_bilikens__decals_magnets_and_auto

bookstore has less

https://slu.bncollege.com/shop/slu/products/gifts-accessories/school-spirit-accessories/auto-accessories?parentSubCatIdFlag=true

Rally House, less

https://www.rallyhouse.com/b/saint-louis-billikens/i/car-accessories

I don’t know if anyone will have any ideas but- I guess this would be the place to ask- I am a nurse clinician and want a billiken on my badge. So I want to find a felt billiken ( one of the old ones- I’m still not on board with the new billiken) maybe only about 2 inches big so I can proudly display it daily and know that I’m a fan of any patients that notice it :) 

any ideas? 

39 minutes ago, BilliKat said:

I don’t know if anyone will have any ideas but- I guess this would be the place to ask- I am a nurse clinician and want a billiken on my badge. So I want to find a felt billiken ( one of the old ones- I’m still not on board with the new billiken) maybe only about 2 inches big so I can proudly display it daily and know that I’m a fan of any patients that notice it :) 

any ideas? 

It's been at least 5 years since the billiken changed.

They used to give out those felt stick-ons at alumni gatherings before road games and at the tournament but as noted, they haven't had the old Billiken in years now.  The last few I received were the new logos.