Billiken Mount Rushmore

billikenfan05

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, brianstl said:

And Vedad has scored 142 goals for teams that play in the Bundesliga.  Then I realized it was Tilk that made the post.

Brian McBride and Vedad the two best Billikens ever.  There was only one other Billiken I saw play who was at their level; but he also had the most tragic playing career: Mark Filla.  What might have been.....

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

36 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

Brian McBride and Vedad the two best Billikens ever.  There was only one other Billiken I saw play who was at their level; but he also had the most tragic playing career: Mark Filla.  What might have been.....

The facial injury was bad enough, but the train hitting the car was truly awful.  

5 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Stud soccer player from Aquinas in the 90's, got hit by a train, badly injured and never played again.

The year before the the train he suffered really bad facial fractures in game.  I think it was against Indiana going for a head all.

This was a post on BigSoccer.com

One Puma Cup Player who was voted the Most Valuable Player at the second St. Louis Puma Cup didn't get the chance to go on to MLS and beyond. Mark Filla was the kid's name out of Saint Louis Aquinas High School and Mark did win the MVP Award in the last PUMA Cup. Filla was extremely fast. Think Demarcus Beasley type fast and Mark was extremely powerful, think Ryan Nelson type power only stronger and bigger than Nelson. Filla was a man among boys so to speak. Mark had it all going for him on the soccer field. Mark Filla and his St Louis Scott Gallagher teammates won the Under 19 National Championship the next year beating a team led by Ben Olsen called FC Delco out of Philadelphia. Mark went on to play @ Saint Louis U were he was starring his Freshman season until a very serious facial injury suffered against Indiana U knocked him out for the rest of the season. Mark came back the next season at SLU and played well and the following off season Mark Filla was involved in a horrible train/automobile accident nearly costing him his life and definitely ending his playing career. I often wonder what might have happened with Mark Filla had that accident not occurred...”

12 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-you make very good points, very good

-with your picture database and since it is Friday in the off season, how about a Mt Rushmore of cheer/dance? I remember two that went on to be Ram cheerleaders and a very cute blonde who could throw when doing the ball toss that would be in the mix

I'm not quite a big enough creep to have a comprehensive database...but these will have to do...

mIMG33116.jpg

mIMG57073.jpg

mIMGB6995.jpg

mIMGF0543.jpg