2019 A10 Schedule

Taj79

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

At Dayton on a weekend is good. I'll be there. I never miss the @UD game, even the weeknights.

At Duquesne on a Wednesday yet again is disappointing. It's such an easy 4-hour drive for me, and it has never been on a weekend.

Maybe I'll trek up to Bonaventure again for the regular season closer.

Otherwise, the other road trips look like long shots to me.

REALLY hoping that the Oregon State game at home is a noon start. I'm in town for a wedding and if TV causes it to be an evening game, I can't stick around for it.

Does anyone know what time Billiken Madness (9/28) is supposed to start?

The schedule on the athletics site shows a 2:30PM start for Oregon State.

4 minutes ago, slubillikens43 said:

The schedule on the athletics site shows a 2:30PM start for Oregon State.

Ugh. Hadn't seen that update yet. This is probably the worst possible time because it creates a conflict - noon is an easy yes, night is an easy no.

13 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

2. IIRC that drummer at the start of the video ended up going on tour with JT? 

I believe he did a few shows drumming with DMB.  Francisco is his name IIRC.  Not saying he didn't tour with JT, I just seem to remember hearing about a few shows with Dave.

37 minutes ago, ACE said:

Those dunks are so weak compared to the kind of stuff this year's team will be throwing down.

Any dunk contest that includes Dwayne Polk is off to bad start, if only they waited a year they could have had Adam Knollmeyer dunking over a trash can. That really would have brought the house down. This video will be great for comparison sake a few weeks from now.

Observations:

• Based on his track record, I'm assuming that Polk lob to himself at :15 was actually an attempt to make a 3 point shot.
  • Tommie Liddell is the only one that looks like he should be dunking a basketball all of the other players look like total stiffs which is accurate.
  • Yuck.

On 9/11/2018 at 3:50 PM, Pistol said:

Well, at least this didn't happen on 2/13.

@SluSignGuy, make sure your next check to GW says "Smith Center Maintenance" on the memo line.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/look-george-washingtons-hanging-video-scoreboard-falls-onto-the-basketball-court/

Article on the collapse.  Maintenance work was being conducted at the time of the fall.  It was in a lowered position, which answered my question of why it wasn't shattered.  Also, the Center has been regularly in use this summer.  Very lucky this happened when it did. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2018 at 4:22 PM, Go_Bills said:

Yes this partnership with ESPN+ is new. Previously watchESPN links only worked with games already on ESPN channel and it required paid TV subscription while ESPN+ is available as a stand alone service for $5 dollars a month.  

In the past I would grab links from other sites or on rare occasions stream a game myself if some kind of TV/Web feed was already out there. However, this year with ESPN+ I am confident that a free version of the feed will quickly become available for us to use. It should be noted that the mobile application will probably be more convenient if you are planning to watch a game from your phone. However, at this time it's unclear what restrictions while be placed on the video. For example some applications don't allow for casting the video to a TV or depending upon your location the game might be blackout. 

Therefore, I will continue to post free links as they become available for upcoming games. Just remember that the links I post are often non-mobile friendly and are generally just copies of the paid streams already out there.  I have no idea what the cost of such a partnership was but if the restrictions aren't to restrictive and you are planning to watch a game or two on your phone I would go ahead and advise you get a subscription.

Bumping this. Tomorrow's game is on ESPN+ correct? Wondering if the SLU bar here in Chicago will be able to broadcast? I'm doubtful but who knows. Looking forward to @Go_Bills return!

5 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Bumping this. Tomorrow's game is on ESPN+ correct? Wondering if the SLU bar here in Chicago will be able to broadcast? I'm doubtful but who knows. Looking forward to @Go_Bills return!

What is the SLU bar in Chicago? First year back home and need a good place to watch. 

1 minute ago, johnbj14 said:

What is the SLU bar in Chicago? First year back home and need a good place to watch. 

This place Sully's House off Clybourn and Halsted. I've been a couple times, it's a nice place. First year it's the "SLU bar" though, so not sure what to expect as far as viewing games goes 

johnbj14 likes this