OT: Brooks Ford, son of SLU coach, joins Mizzou basketball as a walk-on

pakapablo

Speaking for myself as I was coached by my father and grandfather through HS, it was never good for me or the team.  It usually only works if the son is a transcendent talent.  

9 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Do not like to have coach's sons on teams with their father.  Awkward for the team.  Have no problem with this.  Hope he enjoys his experience.

Agree

14 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Brooks could've chosen a decent academic school......

Brooks chose what he chose and all the  best to him. 

It does not really matter Willie, he will be a walk on. That means his free time will be consumed attending practices and going to games and events with the team, but generally not playing. Doubt he will have much time for his HS buddies, academics, gym, and basketball will consume the bulk of his time.

48 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Agreed. Still, Mizzery seems an odd choice, unless he wants to be a sports writer.

Not really.  It is not home, but still close.  You get in state tuition which could be even further reduced if he qualified for bright flight.

31 minutes ago, Old guy said:

It does not really matter Willie, he will be a walk on. That means his free time will be consumed attending practices and going to games and events with the team, but generally not playing. Doubt he will have much time for his HS buddies, academics, gym, and basketball will consume the bulk of his time.

He will have plenty of time to hang out with his buddies who are not bb players.