Men's Soccer 2018

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Failed to realized SLU played last night but happy to see a 3-0 shutout at Tulsa.  Thus far:

Tied #6 Kentucky in Exhibition 1-1

Tied #8 Notre Dame 1-1

Beat preseason #23 Tulsa 3-0

Tied preseason #8 SMU 1-1

Not a bad showing versus the ranked teams thus far.  Feels like we are going to start finding our rhythm and be dangerous.

Still to play #5 Denver and two teams receiving votes - SIUE and Rhode Island.  That Bronze Boot game will be a good one.

Current RPI is solid at 30.  http://rpiupdatemenssoccer.blogspot.com/2018/08/saint-louis.html

slufanskip and TheChosenOne like this

15 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Billikens lead Tulsa 3-0 late in the second 

For some reason I completely missed this (likely because there is no bottom line on the Hustler channel), this is great to see! I need to take a look at the schedule and get out to a game over the next few weeks.

28 minutes ago, SLUBALLS said:

Still to play #5 Denver and two teams receiving votes - SIUE and Rhode Island.

I went to the Denver game last fall, fairly disappointing effort following the win over Stanford. One thing I still remember from that game was their coach being completely obnoxious, I think he even talked some sh!t to one of our players late in the game.

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I swear I have seen a picture with a live cougar in a cage on the SIUE sidelines for one of those games.  The feline type of cougar not the frisky 40 year old women down the street type of cougar.

You can find the latter here: https://brioitalian.com/plaza_frontenac.html 

TheChosenOne and brianstl like this

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I can’t find the picture online right now, but I am sure I’m right about this.  Apparently, the used to walk the cougar on campus just like a dog.

That is pretty awesome. One other thing I heard about SIUE was that they used have some really big time concerts back in the day during the summer. My dad was telling me about them, but I can't remember many of the details.

14 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

That is pretty awesome. One other thing I heard about SIUE was that they used have some really big time concerts back in the day during the summer. My dad was telling me about them, but I can't remember many of the details.

i assume your dad is talking about the  MRF   

you are making me feel real old right now.

59 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I swear I have seen a picture with a live cougar in a cage on the SIUE sidelines for one of those games.  The feline type of cougar not the frisky 40 year old women down the street type of cougar.

-I too recall seeing such a picture or video clip on the news

2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-I too recall seeing such a picture or video clip on the news

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I believe this picture was in one of those slideshows on STLtoday reminiscing about the history of Busch Stadium(s).

20 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i assume your dad is talking about the  MRF   

you are making me feel real old right now.

So you can use initials for years Mississippi River festival but not for the players?  Also, I'm too young to remember those concerts, although my older siblings went.

34 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Mississippi River Festival. Janice Joplin,Peter Paul and Mary. Joni Mitchel,Grateful Dead The Who,Fifth Dimension,Tina Turner. 1969 thru the 70's. Lawn seating was either cheap or free. Went to a few but tough drive for the St. Louis side of the river if you had to work the next day.