Men's Soccer 2018

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, PinkMaleBillikensJersey said:

How many times are we going to dribble onto a 1v3 situation in the attacking third, only to be dispossessed?

Maybe they should fire Kalish and hire you. It’s not like we’re playing an attacking formation. We’re trying to counter without throwing numbers forward. 

Just now, PinkMaleBillikensJersey said:

Why the condescension? It's happened more than a few times and we can't put anything on net. Sorry if I call it like I see it. Not gonna blow smoke up someone's ass.

You’re not seeing it correctly. The field they are playing on is absolute dogsh!t. You’re not going to play pretty soccer and win on that field. What we’re trying to do is have our superior athletes put their defenders on their heels on bad turf. You also have a name that deserves condescension. 

Just now, PinkMaleBillikensJersey said:

Lol, God forbid anyone use sarcasm. And if the field is in such bad shape, why are we keeping the ball at our feet and dribbling into triple teams. It makes no sense.

Because we’re trying to score but we’re not throwing guys forward. I just explained that. If we score on those individual forays forward then great but we’re not going to get beat on the counter.

4 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

Mason cross midfield basically one time in both overtimes..  Draw a lucky corner.  And score off what I admit was a cracking head ball.  That’s how it goes in soccer when one does not take advantage of multiple opportunities....gut wrenching..

Gotta be better. Hopefully Kalish can replace Klein and add a finisher to this team. 

Well it seems we ended as this year has been defined.  Tons of offense, inability to finish more, another OT and giving up a goal on a deadball situation.  But looking forward to seeing what Kalish can put together next year as he has certainly improved the play this year.  Two players he brought in made a  definitive impact with Klein and Boyce; Klein should be up for freshman of the year for the A10.  We will miss Hein more than anyone but also Brown up top. 

Musts for next year:   finishers.

Zink and Gremio14 like this

8 minutes ago, PinkMaleBillikensJersey said:

You've missed my point entirely. If you're playing on a torn up field, it's significantly harder to keep the ball at your feet because a bad bounce could dispossess you. And if we had any finishing ability on wide-open chances, we would have won in regulation.

On a bad field, passing along the ground doesn’t work. Instead you take advantage of slips and poor footing by being as direct as possible, both with long balls through the air and by attempting more dribbles. The poor footing affects defenders more due to the fact that they have to react, whereas the offensive player presumably knows where s/he is going.