Men's Soccer 2018

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SLUBALLS said:

Another win last night.  Did not catch game but it looks like we dominated them.  Looking forward to Bronze Boot and hope weather holds up late in the week.

We dominated until we got up 2 goals and we sat back when I really wish we would have kept up the defensive pressure this team has been known for. We could have won that game 4-0. Federking had an absolute shocker to give away a penalty late in the second. Luckily it didn't come back to bite us.

rest of the year soccer schedule

H Men's Soccer // Fri, Sep 21 // 7:00 PM CT
SIUE

vs. SIUE
Hermann Stadium

A  Men's Soccer // Sat, Sep 29 // 6:00 PM CT
Dayton

at Dayton
Dayton, Ohio

A  Men's Soccer // Wed, Oct 03 // 6:00 PM CT
Rhode Island

at Rhode Island
Kingston, R.I.

H  Men's Soccer // Sat, Oct 06 // 7:00 PM CT
La Salle

vs. La Salle
Hermann Stadium

H  Men's Soccer // Wed, Oct 10 // 7:00 PM CT
VCU

vs. VCU
Hermann Stadium

A  Men's Soccer // Sat, Oct 13 // 6:00 PM CT
St. Bonaventure

at St. Bonaventure
St. Bonaventure, N.Y.

H  Men's Soccer // Wed, Oct 17 // 7:00 PM CT
Duquesne

vs. Duquesne
Hermann Stadium

A Men's Soccer // Tue, Oct 23 // 8:00 PM CT
Denver

at Denver
Denver, Colo.

H  Men's Soccer // Sat, Oct 27 // 2:00 PM CT
George Washington

vs. George Washington
Hermann Stadium

A  Men's Soccer // Wed, Oct 31 // 6:00 PM CT
Saint Joseph's

at Saint Joseph's
Philadelphia, Pa.

N Men's Soccer // Sat, Nov 03 // TBA 
A-10 Quarterfinal
Campus Site

H Men's Soccer // Fri, Nov 09 // TBA 
A-10 Semifinals
Hermann Stadium

H Men's Soccer // Sun, Nov 11 // TBA 
A-10 Final
Hermann Stadium

billikenfan05 likes this

Collegesoccer news rankings has us receiving votes for the first time this year.

Wait............. just to be absolutely clear to everyone reading and covering all bases with the post:  Collegesoccernews.com, a website dedicated to college soccer, which can be found at collegesoccernews.com on the internet or "worldwideweb", ranks D1 college soccer programs.  As of 9/17,  Saint Louis University, located in Saint Louis, MO, received votes but not enough to break into the Collegesoccernews.com's Top 30 ranked teams.  

I see 2 A10 schools are ranked this week. Fordham checks in at 24 & URI at 23. 

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-national-rankings/men

We don't play Fordham during the regular season but we do play URI 10/03 in Kingston, RI.

Possibly the A10 could get more then one in the NCAAs.

27 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Article about the Bronze boot game this Friday.  Have to love this quote from Kalish about SLU soccer,  "I’m leading a program that’s a titan in college soccer, a brand that transcends programs in the sport."

Link

This is the kind of attitude that has been sorely lacking from the SLU soccer program since at least the turn of the century. I am happy to see Kalish state this.  This should be the attitude and the standard to meet for everyone involved with the program.

cgeldmacher and bauman like this

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-is this the social media round up on the front page of the site?

Yup.  Twitter discontinued a feature I was using to pull filtered feeds in.  I can create something with feeds from users, but I cannot filter them. For example, if Earl posts something about Football instead of SLU, I cannot filter out these tweets.

11 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Bills tie it in the 89th minute

The equalizer felt like it was coming even before SIUE took a 1-0 lead. The Cougars cleared two goals off of their goal line prior to opening goal. After the Billikens hemmed them in their defensive 3rd. HIt a couple of posts before finally finding the back of the net on the rebound of an absolute screamer that the Edwardsville keeper was lucky to get his hand on. It hit the crossbar went up in the air and came down to the Billiken forward who headed it into the net.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

The equalizer felt like it was coming even before SIUE took a 1-0 lead. The Cougars cleared two goals off of their goal line prior to opening goal. After the Billikens hemmed them in their defensive 3rd. HIt a couple of posts before finally finding the back of the net on the rebound of an absolute screamer that the Edwardsville keeper was lucky to get his hand on. It hit the crossbar went up in the air and came down to the Billiken forward who headed it into the net.

Bills pretty much dominated for a majority of the game, shots on goal differential was like 28 Bills to 5 SIUE. Bills were robbed by the refs on the header in the 75th minute but we kept pressing until the final minute when we got another. Final score should have been something like 4-1.

I’m not a soccer expert, but our midfield play looks a lot better than it has been the past few years. Our midfielders are lightning fast and the freshman looks great. Lot of great playmaking at the point.

NCAA no longer has a ban on artificial noise makers so the game was nice and loud. Great atmosphere. Stadium pretty much completely full with a lot of grade school area soccer teams trickling in midway through. Student section was good, but wish more would have shown up. Glad we get to keep the Bronze boot.

21 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Bills pretty much dominated for a majority of the game, shots on goal differential was like 28 Bills to 5 SIUE. Bills were robbed by the refs on the header in the 75th minute but we kept pressing until the final minute when we got another. Final score should have been something like 4-1.

I’m not a soccer expert, but our midfield play looks a lot better than it has been the past few years. Our midfielders are lightning fast and the freshman looks great. Lot of great playmaking at the point.

NCAA no longer has a ban on artificial noise makers so the game was nice and loud. Great atmosphere. Stadium pretty much completely full with a lot of grade school area soccer teams trickling in midway through. Student section was good, but wish more would have shown up. Glad we get to keep the Bronze boot.

I think artificial noisemakers are only banned indoors.