PGA Pros loving St.Louis

slu72

On the KMOX radio site, interviews w/ top players and how much they've enjoyed St Louis fans. What came across is what a great sports town St Louis is. 

Point is if Travis and the Bills put an exciting and winning team on the floor this year the fans will come. Spoon proved it 25 years ago. Rick started to get them back. Travis can do this as he's got PR skills, all he needs is a kick ass team. Billiken hoops could be the town's hot ticket. 

Brighton and Matty Light like this

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, slu72 said:

On the KMOX radio site, interviews w/ top players and how much they've enjoyed St Louis fans. What came across is what a great sports town St Louis is. 

Point is if Travis and the Bills put an exciting and winning team on the floor this year the fans will come. Spoon proved it 25 years ago. Rick started to get them back. Travis can do this as he's got PR skills, all he needs is a kick ass team. Billiken hoops could be the town's hot ticket. 

Let's get the train rolling in 2018-19!

Travis and Spoon had one common trait that Rick was missing.  Both of them were very media friendly which allowed them to reach a large cross section of sports fans.  Other than Bernie, Rick's disdain for media came through and did him, and the SLU MBB team, no favors.  His failures to show up for shows and interviews made reaching fans more difficult than it should have been at a time when he was making tremendous improvements to the team.

A season like we are expecting, coupled with Ford's availability to the media, will go a long way toward getting the team some much deserved ink and tv/radio air time

Brighton likes this

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

Hard to believe since we are only a baseball town!

Not really true. Spoon proved there were college BB fans out there. The Blues draw well. The Rams and FB Cards did when they won. Granted the BB Cards own the town but give St Louis fans a winner and cause a stir they will come. With no NFL team right now the Bills have a golden opportunity to draw a lot of attention to themselves. I really believe Travis sees this as a huge opportunity not only for him but the school as well. 

17 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Not really true. Spoon proved there were college BB fans out there. The Blues draw well. The Rams and FB Cards did when they won. Granted the BB Cards own the town but give St Louis fans a winner and cause a stir they will come. With no NFL team right now the Bills have a golden opportunity to draw a lot of attention to themselves. I really believe Travis sees this as a huge opportunity not only for him but the school as well. 

I think cheeseman intended to use blue font

Just now, JMM28 said:

St Louis is a front running sports town, not a great sports town. People come for a winner. They don’t come just for the sport. 

The Blues and Bills have done relatively well compared with results, however your statement is basically true of every city in the USA. 

willie and Box and Won like this

5 hours ago, slusam said:

I don't think that is true. There have been some complaints about the condition of the greens. Soft and slow.

The PGA basically said they aren’t going back to bellerive. They didn’t like how easy the course played. They wanted the champion to be around -3 not -16

31 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

The PGA basically said they aren’t going back to bellerive. They didn’t like how easy the course played. They wanted the champion to be around -3 not -16

When did they say this? Recent champions finished at -8, -14, -20 and -16 so that complaint doesn’t sound right at all. Did you just make it up?

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

St Louis is a front running sports town, not a great sports town. People come for a winner. They don’t come just for the sport. 

You say this like it's a bad thing.. I'm sure you would've spent thousands of dollars on the Big Red and the post GSOT Rams when they both had one foot out the door, right ?

And don't get me started on the late 70's-1985 Billikens.

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

And exactly why the Bills need to be a winner. You have a keen eye for the obvious, 

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

That was the talk around the course Saturday. I don’t make sh!t up. 

I was there two days and watch a lot on TV. I never heard that said. The PGA is not the US Open. The average winning score the last 10 years is -12. The PGA, or another tournament, will be back in St Louis and it will probably be at Bellerive

45 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

And where did you get this information, form the PGA? By the way the score was in line with similar scores from the US Open and other major championships. Just do the numbers, you have people playing that can and do regularly go under par by -3 to -5 points in a single round and the championship consists of 4 full rounds. Do a simple multiplication and you will see that -3 is a good score for a single round, not for a full championship. And yes Belrive can improve the drainage.