101.1 Bernie Show Billiken Plans

Just heard that Bernie has a new producer and he is a SLU grad who has season basketball  tix.  They plan to give him a segment the next morning after games to talk about the Bills.  We now have a guy who will talk about Billiken Basketball on a regular basis on the station.  This would be more than just a passing remark about a game score but someone who will talk about us as fan.

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Just heard that Bernie has a new producer and he is a SLU grad who has season basketball season tix.  They plan to give him a segment the next morning after games to talk about the Bills.  We now have a guy who will talk about Billiken Basketball on a regular basis on the station.  This would be more than just a passing remark about a game score but someone who will talk about us as fan.

that's nice, but it's a shame that the head of the show needs his producer to give us some info....I'll continue to listen to Frank for my coverage.........

Brighton and AGB91 like this

This the problem with society today - nobody wants to simply give anybody credit for anything if they don't like the person.  Yes Quailman this is great news and yes BBF it would be nice if the station would make this a regular assignment for somebody or simply make it a priority to have Travis or Chris May or even Bob or Earl come on once a week especially given that they are our flag ship station but lets give Bernie credit for even thinking to take advantage of a resource.  Here is a thought perhaps other hosts will simply replay parts of the segment on their show - hoping.

dlarry, slufanskip and Brighton like this

That's good to hear.  Wonder if the producer would be interested in trying to start a bit of a recruiting type of service as a side gig.  Pistol does a great job keeping us informed but would be nice to get some reaction from players after they visit or interviews with some of the local kids on feelings on SLU.  

Brighton likes this

Immediately after the conclusion of last season, I spoke to the station general manager and complained that, as a sponsor of the only local, live product 101 has, the support by Bernie is disappointing. Basically, he blew me off and said there wasn't anything he could do about it.

Personally, I wish SLU would leave 101 and find a new home that appreciates the product, and helps support the broadcasts.

On 101, Randy K. is about the only person that exhibits any support of the program. Unfortunately, it's not at a time I generally listen to the radio.

AGB91 likes this

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

This the problem with society today - nobody wants to simply give anybody credit for anything if they don't like the person.  Yes Quailman this is great news and yes BBF it would be nice if the station would make this a regular assignment for somebody or simply make it a priority to have Travis or Chris May or even Bob or Earl come on once a week especially given that they are our flag ship station but lets give Bernie credit for even thinking to take advantage of a resource.  Here is a thought perhaps other hosts will simply replay parts of the segment on their show - hoping.

Not giving him any credit at all. He’s having a “flunky” do his job because of his disdain for Billiken Basketball. 

I really liked Bernie at the Post. Now he's just a condescending a-hole. He thinks he such hot stuff but really the only reason people lesson to him is familiarity and lack of options. 

That said I'm glad he's doing this and I'll be tuning in when I can.

5 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Or a fellow mbm post after hearing. 

Doesn't Travis have an in season show? He did last year. Hopefully they start it in late September this year. SLU should also put on a combined Women's and Men's midnite madness this year. Spend some money and make it a real party.

11 minutes ago, almaman said:

Or a fellow mbm post after

In general,  we are very positive to fellow posters.  I know most of us frequently run out of "likes" each day. That being said, we also recognize a tool when we see one. Bernie has done nothing but give us the back of his hand since Majerus died. Frank, meanwhile, is the only consistent source of Billikens info and respect in the media.  Bernie has a loooong way to go to earn my respect.

drkelsey55 likes this

3 minutes ago, HenryB said:

In general,  we are very positive to fellow posters.  I know most of us frequently run out of "likes" each day. That being said, we also recognize a tool when we see one. Bernie has done nothing but give us the back of his hand since Majerus died. Frank, meanwhile, is the only consistent source of Billikens info and respect in the media.  Bernie has a loooong way to go to earn my respect.

Bills talk aside, Bernie is unlistenable in the morning

LindellWest and HenryB like this

10 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Bills talk aside, Bernie is unlistenable in the morning

When they actually talk sports, I find 590 much more interesting. They talk about various sports (not just the Cardinals) and have interesting and unique takes. Of course, when they aren't talking sports for prolonged periods it can be awful.

43 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Doesn't Travis have an in season show? He did last year. Hopefully they start it in late September this year. SLU should also put on a combined Women's and Men's midnite madness this year. Spend some money and make it a real party.

Going back to the Spoon days, the Coach's Show didn't start until January.

Banks, you need to raise your game.  You are trying to react to all of my posts with your Troll Reaction.  You have missed some.  You might want to enlist some help if you want to continue playing this game. 

1.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: Commission on College Basketball 40 minutes ago
  1.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: Commission on College Basketball 41 minutes ago
  2.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: Commission on College Basketball 41 minutes ago
  3.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: 101.1 Bernie Show Billiken Plans 42 minutes ago
  4.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: Ingvi on live July 31
  5.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: Ingvi on live July 31
  6.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: 2018-19 season July 31
  7.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: 2018-19 season July 30
  8.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: Welcome Terrence Hargrove! July 30

<Here is a thought perhaps other hosts will simply replay parts of the segment on their show - hoping.> (from CheeseMan)

is what I was referring to hoping a mbm would post the good parts. no way would I listen if there was a chance I'd have to hear him. My -BM blood runs long and deep. Haven't liked since he got here. 

Do people still listen to sports talk radio???

Serious question.  I used to all the time.  Now I only listen to Tim McKernan’s long form interview podcast if it is a guest that interests me.  And only about 2/3rds of those are sports related!