101.1 Bernie Show Billiken Plans

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Bernie is so bad they had to bring on a co-host. He’s awful. 

Bernie may be terrible. He is hard to listen to. He is powerful. I believe he had a lot to do or at least hastened the firing of Matheny. It would be beneficial if he was on our side. 

1 hour ago, ARon said:

Do people still listen to sports talk radio???

Serious question.  I used to all the time.  Now I only listen to Tim McKernan’s long form interview podcast if it is a guest that interests me.  And only about 2/3rds of those are sports related!

I'm surprised anyone ever listens to McKernan

1 hour ago, ARon said:

Serious question.  I used to all the time.  Now I only listen to Tim McKernan’s long form interview podcast if it is a guest that interests me.  And only about 2/3rds of those are sports related!

I try to checkout Frank when I remember. My listening is way down, never have listened to any of the national shows.

8 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Bernie’s Show was rather good until they brought Smallmon into the fold. She offers nothing other than LeBron takes. Still better than Mike & Mike or Cowherd.

You may be the only person that has ever said this. But different strokes for different folks I guess. 

13 hours ago, ARon said:

This came up when Rothstein's podcast with Travis Ford as a guest came out a few weeks ago, and I mentioned that the sports talk radio-style format was irritating - the too-fast speaking pace, the abrasive bumper music, the repetitive recorded voice intros, etc. - and people mostly seemed to disagree. I can't stand the format of sports radio as it is, and I don't listen to any of it.

TheChosenOne likes this

7 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Can I give more than 1 good post? 

Criticism of managerial performance is one thing. Piling on with all the personal crap and mocking like Bernie has done for the past few years is quite another. It amazes me the level of viciousness some will accept as long as it is directed toward Matheny.

bauman likes this

1 hour ago, HenryB said:

Criticism of managerial performance is one thing. Piling on with all the personal crap and mocking like Bernie has done for the past few years is quite another. It amazes me the level of viciousness some will accept as long as it is directed toward Matheny.

I listen to Bernie about 25 minutes a day 5 days a week. He certainly doesn't care for Matheny but I never felt it was as over the top as you seem to feel. However, If it was someone I liked he was saying the same things about I might agree with you. 

5 hours ago, slufanskip said:

I listen to Bernie about 25 minutes a day 5 days a week. He certainly doesn't care for Matheny but I never felt it was as over the top as you seem to feel. However, If it was someone I liked he was saying the same things about I might agree with you. 

You must not have been listening carefully. Bernie’s attacks were/are never ending, and frequently personal in nature. His mocking of Matheny’s faith is disgusting and should not be tolerated by his employer. I guess in this day and age, if you’re a white male and a Christian, then there is no boundaries on how you can be attacked.....

4 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

You must not have been listening carefully. Bernie’s attacks were/are never ending, and frequently personal in nature. His mocking of Matheny’s faith is disgusting and should not be tolerated by his employer. I guess in this day and age, if you’re a white male and a Christian, then there is no boundaries on how you can be attacked.....

As white x Christian male I wonder if blue font was intended if not that part is totally without merit but shared with at least 37% of Americans who appear ready to destroy the earth so they can get back to being on top instead of uppity ladyfolk, immigrants and other dog whistle groups that have in their Trump hands size brains ruined our country. Disgusting. 

Brighton likes this

8 minutes ago, almaman said:

As white x Christian male I wonder if blue font was intended if not that part is totally without merit but shared with at least 37% of Americans who appear ready to destroy the earth so they can get back to being on top instead of uppity ladyfolk, immigrants and other dog whistle groups that have in their Trump hands size brains ruined our country. Disgusting. 

Let's not head down this road, please.

On 8/8/2018 at 4:53 PM, HoosierPal said:
Banks, you need to raise your game.  You are trying to react to all of my posts with your Troll Reaction.  You have missed some.  You might want to enlist some help if you want to continue playing this game. 

1.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: Commission on College Basketball 40 minutes ago
  1.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: Commission on College Basketball 41 minutes ago
  2.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: Commission on College Basketball 41 minutes ago
  3.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: 101.1 Bernie Show Billiken Plans 42 minutes ago
  4.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: Ingvi on live July 31
  5.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: Ingvi on live July 31
  6.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: 2018-19 season July 31
  7.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: 2018-19 season July 30
  8.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: Welcome Terrence Hargrove! July 30

Hey Banks, you missed giving me a Troll Reaction on several posts today.  Just helping you out.  I checked your Profile, and since you joined the board on July 9, you have made 3 posts and given me 39 Troll Reactions.  Does anyone else have a pet troll?  And why the change from Tilowisky to Banks?

1.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: Commission on College Basketball 7 hours ago
  2.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: Commission on College Basketball 7 hours ago
  3.  internet-troll-650.jpg  Banks reacted to a post in a topic: Commission on College Basketball 7 hours ago

4 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Let's not head down this road, please.

just too funny when a white male complains about being screwed. I'm off the road and apologize. We settled out of court by pm. :)

Totally agree about mods have same right as rest of us but your a bit late to the party with the R word. The argument that we all said it back in the day is true squared with the N word. 

Edited by almaman
******* apparently spelled *******. glad not forced to change screwed.
Brighton likes this

30 minutes ago, almaman said:

just too funny when a white male complains about being screwed. I'm off the road and apologize. We settled out of court by pm. :)

Totally agree about mods have same right as rest of us but your a bit late to the party with the R word. The argument that we all said it back in the day is true squared with the N word. 

I could not care less about your politics, stop intentionally trying to provoke people. We did politics before on this board and it was awful.

slufanskip likes this

1 minute ago, Box and Won said:

After Webb got tossed, the microphone caught some quality f-bombs by Schildt yesterday, and I appreciate the guy even more now.

at least 3 times clear as a bell he said "nobody said a (F bomb" ing) word" I guess saying they had not been warned to refrain from HBPing the Royals. Seemed to get by the announcers.