OT: 2B Usin' Initials or Not — Billikens.com civil war

9 minutes ago, bauman said:

Frankly, I'm through with waiting for Collins to make a decision.  He's local and knows as much about SLU as he is ever going to know.  He is good, but not great.  There are many more out there like him. As for as Power 5 offers, isn't the lowly Iowa program his best offer?  (I'm not certain about that) If it is and he wants to disappear in Iowa City Iowa (Idiots out wandeing around) more power to him.  If I was TF, I'd tell him to commit or I'm moving on.  Goodwin, Thatch and Jacobs have us covered at the Guard spots the next few years and I'd put on a full court press for Love next year as the next big STL recruit and star.

You had me until TF

billikenbill likes this

11 minutes ago, bauman said:

That is Travis Ford.  He is the Head Coach of the Saint Louis University Billikens.  Come on Roy, stop being an a-hole.  You are better than that.

I prefer coach Ford, travis, even Ford or coach.  

billikenbill likes this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

You had me until TF

Roy, I consider you a friend, and you are certainly Super-Billiken #1, but this "movement" smacks of attention whoredom.  Surely you don't believe you're going to change the (Billiken board) world by announcing to everyone who uses initials, "I was with you 'til..."!

If you wish to stop reading a post, fine.  But making a useless post complaining about it just clogs up the board.  Can't you be like the rest of us who don't use initials but still know how to figure out what is being written by those who do?  It only adds a couple of seconds of total reading comprehension time to a moderately long post.

You could at least be a bit more clever.

I thought it was clever.

Do we really need to abbreviate the coach's name?  It's 4 letters and 3 of them are right next to each other on the keyboard.  I can type ford faster than I can type TF.

11 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I thought it was clever.

Do we really need to abbreviate the coach's name?  It's 4 letters and 3 of them are right next to each other on the keyboard.  I can type ford faster than I can type TF.

I agree that there's little value to typing Ford's initials.  It's just that I don't think it adds anything to the forum for people to harp on it.  And the more people harp on it, the more certain people will go to using initials full time to thumb their noses at those who complain about it.

9 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Roy, I consider you a friend, and you are certainly Super-Billiken #1, but this "movement" smacks of attention whoredom.  Surely you don't believe you're going to change the (Billiken board) world by announcing to everyone who uses initials, "I was with you 'til..."!

If you wish to stop reading a post, fine.  But making a useless post complaining about it just clogs up the board.  Can't you be like the rest of us who don't use initials but still know how to figure out what is being written by those who do?  It only adds a couple of seconds of total reading comprehension time to a moderately long post.

You could at least be a bit more clever.

So I can't allude to my dislike for using initials while discussing the billikens but bauman is ok to call me an azzhole

Got it 

MB73 likes this

35 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

So I can't allude to my dislike for using initials while discussing the billikens but bauman is ok to call me an azzhole

Got it 

Roy, I didn't call you an a-hole.  I like you too much to do that. I said stop being one, which is what your childish, immature crusade about nothing comes across as.  Do you really think using the coaches initials is disrespectful to him.  Come on, get real.

BTW,  Quality and torch, fyi I can hold the shift key down and hit TF much quicker than  hitting F - o - r - d.

QUAILMAN likes this

20 minutes ago, bauman said:

Roy, I didn't call you an a-hole.  I like you too much to do that. I said stop being one, which is what your childish, immature crusade about nothing comes across as.  Do you really think using the coaches initials is disrespectful to him.  Come on, get real.

BTW,  Quality and torch, fyi I can hold the shift key down and hit TF much quicker than  hitting F - o - r - d.

You indeed called me an azzhole.   That's fine.   I at least know where you stand.   Appreciate your honesty.   As I've said before that's your choice and my choice is I wont respond to posts that can't use a person's name.  

24 minutes ago, bauman said:

BTW...fyi...TF...this is crazy. It's total anarchy.  When is the madness going to stop?

That said I'm a little disappointed you went with "Quality" instead of "QIJ1" and torch instead of "tT" or "T2."

bauman likes this

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

You indeed called me an azzhole.   That's fine.   I at least know where you stand.   Appreciate your honesty.   As I've said before that's your choice and my choice is I wont respond to posts that can't use a person's name.  

You did respond though...

1 hour ago, ChangeOfPace said:

You did respond though...

No comment on father bauman's content

FDR, JFK, LBJ ..... Seems to be known by your initials is a real compliment.  Can't wait to see JB, DJF, TI, DW, LS, JG, HF, EW, CAG, FT, DJ, IG, and KCH play for Coach Travis Ford and Staff.  My preference is initials for players and coaches by name.  But either way works, not an issue for me.  Okay either way.

😑

7 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

❄️❄️❄️

5 hours ago, almaman said:

The famous quote from RK?

RK???

Richie Kunningham?

2 hours ago, JMM28 said:

While we’re airing grievances, you people (in Evansville) have had a serious lack of thanking the troops lately. 

"You People"

What the hell is that suppose to mean?