OT: McBroom in the news

Tonka

An immature, self absorbed college guy shooting his mouth off. What a shocker.

In our day these statements would have been made in a dorm room or bar,  soon forgotten and never come back to haunt you.  He may have matured and realize these statements were stupid, insensitive and inappropriate, but it won't matter. Social media is proving to be permanent and unforgiving.

I dislike McBroom as much as anyone, but that is some of the weakest offensive tweeting I've seen. Calling girls fat oh bother. 

The real reason to dislike the guy is that he is a complete egomaniac douchebag. 

Tonka likes this

You bet I'm glad a lot of the stupid things I said when I was in high school will never see the light of day. You can also bet that if I ever become famous or run for office, I'll be deleting all of my tweets. I don't feel bad for him that he's getting called out. He should have been smart enough to delete them. The stakes for me on twitter are pretty low right now; the worst thing that ever happens is I make someone Mad Online, which I don't care about. But he's made a successful career out of social media. If social media is literally your livelihood... yeah, I don't feel bad if you get called out for something you said on social media.

RUBillsFan likes this