Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steffe is a 2023 recruit, just to be clear.

We're involved with a number of other 4-stars in that class, mostly in Texas. Don't need to land all of them. Landing 1-2 would be nice, though.

8 minutes ago, Pistol said:

We're involved with a number of other 4-stars in that class, mostly in Texas. Don't need to land all of them. Landing 1-2 would be nice, though.

On to Finley Bizjack get it done coach Ford.

23 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I would be very shocked if we land a 2023 4-star out of Texas. I don’t think we’ve ever landed a 4-star who was not a local player; it’s going take take some program momentum before this becomes a realistic goal. I’d be a little shocked if we landed a 2023 3-star out of Texas. 

But these are good names to keep an eye on should we ever see them in the transfer portal.

3 minutes ago, NH said:

I would be very shocked if we land a 2023 4-star out of Texas. I don’t think we’ve ever landed a 4-star who was not a local player; it’s going take take some program momentum before this becomes a realistic goal. I’d be a little shocked if we landed a 2023 3-star out of Texas. 

But these are good names to keep an eye on should we ever see them in the transfer portal.

Both ESPN and 247 had Hasahn as a 4-star recruit.

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

2 minutes ago, NH said:

Marque Perry was top 100 but other than him, we've never landed a consensus 4 star player out of high school who wasn't local.  French is the closest.

2 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Both ESPN and 247 had Hasahn as a 4-star recruit.

Yes, he would be the exception if you were to count him as a 4-star I usually go on the 247 composite rankings. Hasahn was, and continues to be, a fantastic recruiting get.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I like Bizjack better as a player anyway.  Much more of a combo guard than Steffe.

He certainly fills more of a need right now, although again, we are talking about 2023 recruits.

brianstl likes this

9 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

Robert Martin (CBC) has us in his final 3 apparently.  Would be a fabulous backup PG addition in my opinion. 

20220128_215940.jpg.d99b9920db30678fd9c122cd7e09bf40.jpg

We aren't going to sign him and he's going to be freshman of the year in the OVC and hang 30 on us at some point in his career.

6 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Cool, playing 30 min a game should prepare him for a starting position here after he enters the portal.

Or Florida or Georgia.

He could also start here and we have multiple ballhandlers on the floor at the same time. That worked when we ran off 3 straight NCAA appearances and had our best teams in decades.

9 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Or Florida or Georgia.

He could also start here and we have multiple ballhandlers on the floor at the same time. That worked when we ran off 3 straight NCAA appearances and had our best teams in decades.

Rob Martin could start here as a freshman?  Who are you sitting, Yuri, Jimerson, Nesbittt or Perkins?

slufanskip and SLU_Lax like this

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Rob Martin could start here as a freshman?  Who are you sitting, Yuri, Jimerson, Nesbittt or Perkins?

Not to nitpick, but he did not say Freshman. 

I would honestly bet that he is someone who will end up at SLU.  That he will get a scholarship after the season when someone transfers or moves on. If he lists SLU as a school, it means that they haven’t missed him on the recruiting trail.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

We have a team full of wings now.  Perkins, Jimerson, Hargrove, Strickland, Nesbitt, Parker, Thames, Williams, Kramer.

9 guys for 2 spots.

And you are asking where we would find time for a player that we only have 1 other player on the roster at his position?

Are Kramer and Thames or even Parker going to play more than 10 minutes a game? 5 minutes a game?  We should stash them at an OVC school and get them in two years too.  Lets make SEMO like a triple A club for us.

🤡🤡🤡

6 minutes ago, thetorch said:

We have a team full of wings now.  Perkins, Jimerson, Hargrove, Strickland, Nesbitt, Parker, Thames, Williams, Kramer.

9 guys for 2 spots.

And you are asking where we would find time for a player that we only have 1 other player on the roster at his position?

Are Kramer and Thames or even Parker going to play more than 10 minutes a game? 5 minutes a game?  We should stash them at an OVC school and get them in two years too.  Lets make SEMO like a triple A club for us.

🤡🤡🤡

That's 9 guys for 3 spots because big wings play the 4 in these parts.  But I agree that Thames won't see much time next year and the loser of the Parker/Kramer competition won't see much time either.  So what's the point of bringing in yet another local guy who won't see much time backing up Yuri for 2 years?  How does bringing in a bunch of local guys to ride the bench encourage players to stay home?  

6 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

That's 9 guys for 3 spots because big wings play the 4 in these parts.  But I agree that Thames won't see much time next year and the loser of the Parker/Kramer competition won't see much time either.  So what's the point of bringing in yet another local guy who won't see much time backing up Yuri for 2 years?  How does bringing in a bunch of local guys to ride the bench encourage players to stay home?  

Yes and you know the portal is going to shake up that list of 9.  My guess is that more than one will go through the window. 
And my list would have 10. If you have Hargrove on this list, Thatch is on it also.