Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

2 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Does anybody have any new news on Larry Jr.‘s recruitment? I just looked at the 2022 class list and it still has SLU as his only offer. Maybe it’s just me, but seems unusually quiet.

Coach Tatum has been having a lot of coaches in lately to watch open gym.  Maybe something will come from that.

Reinert310 likes this

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Coach Tatum has been having a lot of coaches in lately to watch open gym.  Maybe something will come from that.

Is there any chance our offer is still open after Thames and Kramer? 

5 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I seriously doubt it.  A big is a bigger priority in this class than another guard.

I thought so too. But didn’t know if Traore might change that, since he’s got 4 years and Linssen and Okoro could both technically be back. 

3 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Will this be announced today, @seanwest?

No inside info, but if the recent trend continues, there will be an announcement on SportsPlus tonight w Frank Cusumano on Channel 5.

Kind of surprising we’d get another wing commitment after already landing Nick Kramer and Kellen Thames in the same class.  Again no inside info at all, but perusing @Pistol’’s 2022 list my guess would be either Hughes Jr or Damien Mayo.

AnkielBreakers likes this

2 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

No inside info, but if the recent trend continues, there will be an announcement on SportsPlus tonight w Frank Cusumano on Channel 5.

Kind of surprising we’d get another wing commitment after already landing Nick Kramer and Kellen Thames in the same class.  Again no inside info at all, but perusing @Pistol’’s 2022 list my guess would be either Hughes Jr or Damien Mayo.

Looking through the interest list, the only other local wing I see is Braxton Stacker.

37 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Why are you assuming it is a local player 

Sean West is a local videographer.  He's worked with players from Link Academy, MPG Elite, BBE, and MoKan.  Chances are if he knows about it its a local kid since that is who he deals with.

13 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Sean West is a local videographer.  He's worked with players from Link Academy, MPG Elite, BBE, and MoKan.  Chances are if he knows about it its a local kid since that is who he deals with.

I thought he said in his tweet it is a local kid, but he didn’t. Could just be he heard through grapevine.

14 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I wonder if this has anything to do with @seanwest’s comment.

You guys holding out on us @Midtown Madness.

THIS IS BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DEMAND ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!! All this anticipation is killing me! If this is all just a prank and the breaking news is actually that Adam Knollmeyer just released a sequel to his legendary video of himself dunking over a trashcan, I will only be mildly disappointed. I've been waiting for that sequel for a while now, if I'm being totally honest.

The 2022 commit is not from St. Louis.. I would just post the player name but I don't want a screenshot to get out as I confirmed with the person I'd keep it between us. Should be announced in the next few days! 

It's a guard/wing. Explosive athlete, mid-to-high major interest and offers. Really solid prospect in my eyes. 

Going through Pistol’s list the closest match in my opinion is Aaron Lemon Warren.

Anyone else care to guess until it’s announced?

Verbal Commits doesn't even have Parker on our or anyone else's radar.  Tweet say he visited Tulsa this past weekend.  He is listed as a two-star prospect originally from Rockford, IL, via AZ Compass Prep, now in his second year at Moberly.  Moberly just had an intra-squad scrimmage yesterday and thanked SLU coaches for coming out to visit on September 13.  Listed at 6'3" and 180#.  Can't find anything on his stats from last year.

20 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

No inside info, but I’m guessing a juco player. I’m going off the board (I think). Sincere Parker, Moberly CC.

Sincere Parker isn't an explosive athlete.  Neither is Aaron Lemon Warren.  Shout out to seanwest for having inside info about a player probably none of us know about.  I would be surprised if he isn't at least 6'5 though, with some ability to play inside in a 4 out, 1 in offense.  We are overflowing in guards.

CBFan likes this

8 hours ago, seanwest said:

The 2022 commit is not from St. Louis.. I would just post the player name but I don't want a screenshot to get out as I confirmed with the person I'd keep it between us. Should be announced in the next few days! 

It's a guard/wing. Explosive athlete, mid-to-high major interest and offers. Really solid prospect in my eyes. 

You know what, if it turns out that a couple of kids are playing a prank on you, then we have your back. We will create a new commitment named Sean West. Mid to High-Mid offers. A real good pickup. He can become a board legend. Probably could get NIL dollars even.

CBFan likes this