Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

which breed of monkeys do you and skip use?   do you have pictures of them in training possibly?   i am really interested in this mission.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

which breed of monkeys do you and skip use?   do you have pictures of them in training possibly?   i am really interested in this mission.

I don’t want to speak for Box and Skip, but if I recall correctly, they’re the very same monkeys that starred in the movie Outbreak.

22 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I don’t want to speak for Box and Skip, but if I recall correctly, they’re the very same monkeys that starred in the movie Outbreak.

That's exactly right.  We exclusively use Capuchins, commonly known as the "organ grinder" monkey. 

They are intelligent, super easy to train and move quickly with excellent elusiveness.  This helps us maximize the number of infections.

We currently have two, but Skip knows a guy who should be able to get us more.  He calls himself "Monkey King" and is currently in prison.  Seems kind of sketchy, but we may just need to look past that.

4 hours ago, Box and Won said:

That's exactly right.  We exclusively use Capuchins, commonly known as the "organ grinder" monkey. 

They are intelligent, super easy to train and move quickly with excellent elusiveness.  This helps us maximize the number of infections.

We currently have two, but Skip knows a guy who should be able to get us more.  He calls himself "Monkey King" and is currently in prison.  Seems kind of sketchy, but we may just need to look past that.

Two different guys Box, the sketchy guy is my artist friend. The monkey guy is solid. Btw he said he had 4 more, can you pick them up at their bar tomorrow 

Shout out to Damien Mayo for hitting the most amazing buzzer beater I've seen in a high school game in a long time.  A 30 foot turnaround jumper to win the district title against rival CBC.  Ridiculous.  

At the other end of the state, Blue Springs won their district title in a 78-47 romp over a very good Raytown team.  Braden Appelhans torched the nets for 26, including 8/9 from three.

Pistol likes this

11 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Sounds like the ship has sailed on Tarris Reed and SLU

https://stockrisers.com/s/317/top-60-junior-tarris-reed-jr-updates-his-recruitment

Not getting my hopes up, but I will point out that this piece shows a question about Mizzou ("the local school" 🙄) and his answer is clearly about Iowa. So I'll give it an "incomplete".

21 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Sounds like the ship has sailed on Tarris Reed and SLU

https://stockrisers.com/s/317/top-60-junior-tarris-reed-jr-updates-his-recruitment

weve been passed over in recruiting articles a lot over the years simply i assume because the author cannot believe little ole slu is a serious candidate.   seems like just a few weeks ago there was a tarris interview where he spoke glowingly of being the local star opportunity going to slu.   so pardon me if i wait till this fall to believe. 

16 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Not getting my hopes up, but I will point out that this piece shows a question about Mizzou ("the local school" 🙄) and his answer is clearly about Iowa. So I'll give it an "incomplete".

This is a poor job by Jake here. He could have asked about Iowa and typed Mizzou. Reed could have also been asked about Mizzou and it was accidentally left out. Who knows? Not Jake's best work here. ...along with confusing local school with state school.

Shout out to Connor Turnbull, Fort Zumwalt North's 6'10 forward who looked like the best player on the floor against Kellen Thames's undersized Pattonville squad last night.  Turnbull was dominant, finishing with 25 points, 11 rebounds and six blocks.  Scored in the post with either hand, on offensive rebounds and from the three-point line. 

Turnbull has been up and down most of the season which is why he's been recruited at the low-major level.  But he has the athleticism and skill level to mature into a high mid-major recruit in the coming months.  His rim protection is already A10 worthy.  Would love to see FZN go on a run to give Turnbull the opportunity to match up against a legit big in Springfield.  Chaminade or Kickapoo will be waiting for them on March 20 if FZN gets that far.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Shout out to Connor Turnbull, Fort Zumwalt North's 6'10 forward who looked like the best player on the floor against Kellen Thames's undersized Pattonville squad last night.  Turnbull was dominant, finishing with 25 points, 11 rebounds and six blocks.  Scored in the post with either hand, on offensive rebounds and from the three-point line. 

Turnbull has been up and down most of the season which is why he's been recruited at the low-major level.  But he has the athleticism and skill level to mature into a high mid-major recruit in the coming months.  His rim protection is already A10 worthy.  Would love to see FZN go on a run to give Turnbull the opportunity to match up against a legit big in Springfield.  Chaminade or Kickapoo will be waiting for them on March 20 if FZN gets that far.

-can you compare to the kid from Francis Howell that another A10 team recently offered? 

11 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-can he score from beyond the basket?

Turnbull has had one of the biggest single season improvements in recent years in Stl.  Averaged 4 pts per game last year as a 6"4 kid.  Grows 6 inches and starts dunking everything.  He is a good athlete with good lateral movement for his size.  Think he can handle it some and has shot the 3 better this year (37%).  I'd prefer him over his teammate Lee.  Not sure who I'd take between him and the DeSmet big who is also having a nice season (though didn't play in their sectional win this week).