Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Pistol said:

Finally closing out the 2022 class now that Rivera is in the fold. Full HS/prep offer list saved here for record keeping, although the transfers are not included:

N.J. Benson - PF, 6-7, 200 - Mount Vernon, IL (Mount Vernon) - AAU: SW IL Jets - Committed: Missouri State (10/1/21)
Offers: Saint Louis, Loyola-Chicago, SIU-Carbondale, Missouri State, Bradley, Illinois State, Murray State, SIU-Edwardsville, Eastern Illinois, Miami-Ohio, Milwaukee, Western Illinois, Radford. on, Liberty.

-I wonder, sincerely, how active we were on him

Mouhamadou Cisse - C, 7-0, 245 - Dakar, Senegal (Putnam Science Academy, CT) - AAU: PSA Cardinals (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @c1sse_mom4 - Committed: Oakland (8/3/21) - Decommitted: Oakland (8/10/21) - Committed: SMU (10/9/21) - Decommitted: SMU (5/8/22) - Committed: Saint Louis (5/18/22)
Offers: Saint Louis, Massachusetts, DePaul, Mississippi State, Georgia, Arizona, Arizona State, Texas Tech, Nevada, SMU, East Carolina, Tulane, Oakland, Cal State-Fullerton, UC-Santa Barbara, Grand Canyon, Bryant, Hampton. 

-if these were legit offers I hope we are able to get MoMo in the mix to avoid the bottom of the roster churn

Larry Hughes, Jr. - SG, 6-6, 175 - St. Louis, MO (CBC) - AAU: MOKAN Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @LarryHughesII1 - Committed: Saint Louis (4/12/22)
Offers: Saint Louis. Interest:

-were we really his only offer?

Brian Taylor - SG, 6-3, 170 - St. Louis, MO (De Smet) - AAU: Gateway (Under Armour Rise) - Committed: Milwaukee (9/9/21)
Offers: Saint Louis, Wichita State, Wyoming, Drake, Southeast Missouri, Eastern Illinois, SIU-Edwardsville, North Texas, Miami-Ohio, Bowling Green, Milwaukee, IUPUI, Kansas City. 

-I can see where he could have a real nice run there

Kellen Thames - G, 6-5, 175 - Maryland Heights, MO (Pattonville) - AAU: Brad Beal Elite (Nike EYBL) - Committed: Saint Louis (7/8/21)
Offers: Saint Louis, Georgetown, Missouri, Southeast Missouri. 

-were these actionable offers?

Connor Turnbull - C, 6-10, 195 - O'Fallon, MO (Fort Zumwalt North) - AAU: Brad Beal Elite (Nike EYBL) - Committed: Butler (7/1/21)
Offers: Saint Louis, Butler, Kansas State, Missouri, Indiana State. 
Interest: Creighton, Illinois, Tennessee, Utah, Tulsa, Cornell, Loyola-Chicago, SIU-Carbondale, Drake, Indiana State, Illinois State, Evansville, Southeast Missouri, SIU-Edwardsville, Tennessee-Martin, Eastern Illinois, Marshall, Toledo, Milwaukee, Furman, VMI, Georgia State, Louisiana-Monroe, North Dakota State, Montana State, Radford, Lipscomb, Liberty, South Carolina State.

-we'll welcome you home on your transfer

Scotty Washington - SG, 6-5, 175 - Bellflower, CA (Southern California Academy) - AAU: Dream Vision (Adidas 3SSB) - Reclassified to 2021 - Committed: California Baptist (8/11/21)
Offers: Saint Louis, TCU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Colorado State, Loyola Marymount, Pepperdine, San Diego, Hofstra, Hawaii, UC-Santa Barbara, UC-Davis, Montana, Southern Utah, Cal State-Bakersfield. 

-I've never heard of California Baptist, some legit schools offered here including us

-thanks, good stuff - a few questions buried in there

11 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-thanks, good stuff - a few questions buried in there

In reverse order:

Washington had some nice offers/attention for a while, transferred schools, had a quiet final AAU summer, and things just kinda got quiet with him. There was CBU to come along and scoop up a nice talent. They're relatively new to D-I.

Yeah, Turnbull's one I'd love to have another shot at.

I don't know how committable all of Thames' offers were, nor do I think we got all of them. We've said this on MMP but he and his dad kept his recruitment relatively close to the vest.

Taylor's offers all came in a row once he had a few big AAU events. I'm kind of iffy on him at SLU's level but am curious to see what he does at UWM. His cousin is Ray'Sean Taylor, by the way.

No, Hughes had more offers but I know there were some schools who wanted him to walk on and I'm not sure how many, or which schools had scholarships for him, but this was another one where father and son kept it relatively quiet.

Cisse's offers were legit at various points but his recruitment was all over the map. He was originally at Hillcrest in AZ, committed to Oakland, decommitted a week later, his profile rose as he played in the summer and transferred to Putnam, he committed to SMU, and then the new coaching staff basically ghosted him once they were in place. So he finally got out of his LOI and SLU got involved. Anyway, not all of his offers were on the table at once.

Our offer to Benson was legit for a while. If memory serves, he got a bunch that summer and stayed mostly at that Valley-MAC-Horizon level. But I think he committed before we had our frontcourt all figured out.

almaman likes this

12 hours ago, Pistol said:

In reverse order:

Washington had some nice offers/attention for a while, transferred schools, had a quiet final AAU summer, and things just kinda got quiet with him. There was CBU to come along and scoop up a nice talent. They're relatively new to D-I.

I don't know how committable all of Thames' offers were, nor do I think we got all of them. We've said this on MMP but he and his dad kept his recruitment relatively close to the vest.

Taylor's offers all came in a row once he had a few big AAU events. I'm kind of iffy on him at SLU's level but am curious to see what he does at UWM. His cousin is Ray'Sean Taylor, by the way.

No, Hughes had more offers but I know there were some schools who wanted him to walk on and I'm not sure how many, or which schools had scholarships for him, but this was another one where father and son kept it relatively quiet.

Cisse's offers were legit at various points but his recruitment was all over the map. He was originally at Hillcrest in AZ, committed to Oakland, decommitted a week later, his profile rose as he played in the summer and transferred to Putnam, he committed to SMU, and then the new coaching staff basically ghosted him once they were in place. So he finally got out of his LOI and SLU got involved. Anyway, not all of his offers were on the table at once.

Our offer to Benson was legit for a while. If memory serves, he got a bunch that summer and stayed mostly at that Valley-MAC-Horizon level. But I think he committed before we had our frontcourt all figured out.

-thank you very much!

12 hours ago, Pistol said:

Nothing more than information, but Butler has a commitment for next season from a 6'11" C.  They could have 5 or more players for the 23-24 season 6'10" or taller.  PT will be at a premium for bigs at Butler.  So never say never.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/butler/2022/09/11/butler-basketball-boden-kapke-minnesota-2023-recruiting-commit-thad-matta/69484726007/

50 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Nothing more than information, but Butler has a commitment for next season from a 6'11" C.  They could have 5 or more players for the 23-24 season 6'10" or taller.  PT will be at a premium for bigs at Butler.  So never say never.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/butler/2022/09/11/butler-basketball-boden-kapke-minnesota-2023-recruiting-commit-thad-matta/69484726007/

Well, unless a couple of those 5 have good handles mpg is gonna be hard to come by.