Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

4 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

That was going to be my point. We also have no idea if Crespin can defend at all (or shoot from the perimeter like many here are saying). 

I don't know if he can defend, or what his 3 point percentage is, but highlight video shows that he shoots from long range with a quick release. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a DJ Foreman-like guy in the worst way. Cory Remuken-like guy.  There has to be someone who fits that description ready to come in and be a warrior for us.  

I honestly do not care if our 4 man has D+ offensive ability.  I just want him defending, rebounding, and can make an open lay-up.  

Bizziken, TheDude, Zink and 3 others like this

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Crespin stats... 2021-22...29 gms (reg season)...30min/gm

36% / 21% (99 shots) / 70%....reb 4.5...ast...1.1...TO...1.3

Even though the 3 pt shot numbers are bad, he is only 17, and he was playing against grown men. This is not comparable to HS kids that shoot great against guys that are unable to guard them. I bet his numbers go up when he gets to SLU. That said, his numbers would tank if he went anywhere else.

3 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Even though the 3 pt shot numbers are bad, he is only 17, and he was playing against grown men. This is not comparable to HS kids that shoot great against guys that are unable to guard them. I bet his numbers go up when he gets to SLU. That said, his numbers would tank if he went anywhere else.

He is 17 they need to get him and develop him.

As Nick posted find another DJ Foreman type of big to go with Crespin then SLU will have the pieces in place to win the A10.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Crespin stats... 2021-22...29 gms (reg season)...30min/gm

36% / 21% (99 shots) / 70%....reb 4.5...ast...1.1...TO...1.3

Thanks for the numbers. Do you know the distance on the 3 point line he's been shooting from?

2 hours ago, Aquinas said:

Thanks for the numbers. Do you know the distance on the 3 point line he's been shooting from?

As Brian said above,  the 3pt line is the same... One other thing I wanted to clarify was the slash line I used above.  The international slash line is different than the US slash line.... The international uses  2P/ 3P / FT...the US uses  FG ( 2P +3P) / 3P / FT. To make things easier to compare I converted his International slash into a US slash.   So the 36/ 21 / 70 is the US slash. 

An advantage he has over the average HS player is that he is already shooting at the college arc and won't have to adjust. Some HS players adjust easily to the new distance ...others don't.  Rashad Williams struggled not just with the Bills but 2 years  before he got here .  Yet when he was a college freshman, he shot lights out. Why?  Because he couldn't adjust to the new 3p distance which was increased between his freshman and soph years.

Crespin won't have to adjust to a new 3P line but will have to get his 3P numbers up.  One encouraging sign is in postseason play  (4 games)  his 3P numbers were up to 28%.  Hopefully, if he comes here, his numbers would continue to improve.

CBFan likes this

4 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

We need a DJ Foreman-like guy in the worst way. Cory Remuken-like guy.  There has to be someone who fits that description ready to come in and be a warrior for us.  

I honestly do not care if our 4 man has D+ offensive ability.  I just want him defending, rebounding, and can make an open lay-up.  

I would like to see a wide body rebounder- if he can block shots that is a plus- surely there is a DJ Foreman type for us

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

As Brian said above,  the 3pt line is the same... One other thing I wanted to clarify was the slash line I used above.  The international slash line is different than the US slash line.... The international uses  2P/ 3P / FT...the US uses  FG ( 2P +3P) / 3P / FT. To make things easier to compare I converted his International slash into a US slash.   So the 36/ 21 / 70 is the US slash. 

An advantage he has over the average HS player is that he is already shooting at the college arc and won't have to adjust. Some HS players adjust easily to the new distance ...others don't.  Rashad Williams struggled not just with the Bills but 2 years  before he got here .  Yet when he was a college freshman, he shot lights out. Why?  Because he couldn't adjust to the new 3p distance which was increased between his freshman and soph years.

Crespin won't have to adjust to a new 3P line but will have to get his 3P numbers up.  One encouraging sign is in postseason play  (4 games)  his 3P numbers were up to 28%.  Hopefully, if he comes here, his numbers would continue to improve.

Air France has tickets from Saint Louis to several airports in France such as Paris for just over 10 hours- 

Are we even sure that Crespin would get minutes this season? I guess out of necessity as the roster stands now, but we’ll definitely be bringing in another big. Ford’s last two Euros never saw the court, so my bar for him is extremely low

Edit: Saw in the other thread he is visiting Saint Mary’s/Oregon State also. Might actually be good

20 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Are we even sure that Crespin would get minutes this season? I guess out of necessity as the roster stands now, but we’ll definitely be bringing in another big. Ford’s last two Euros never saw the court, so my bar for him is extremely low

Edit: Saw in the other thread he is visiting Saint Mary’s/Oregon State also. Might actually be good

It’s a fair question. I view Crespin as a longer term play. He has big upside.

1 hour ago, majerus mojo said:

Lorentsson was one of the Euro’s who was the other one?

Linssen is a Euro, Germany, and played a lot.

10 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Ingvi, from Iceland. I didn’t count Linssen since he transferred/had some college experience. 

Thank you Ingvi was easily forgettable and a good point about Linssen.

7 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Did Lorentsson get picked up? If not, why not give him another shot? 

Had the same thought. He could give us the stretch part of stretch 4. I'm concerned he couldn't rebound though.

42 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Do you think a lot has changed in 3 weeks?

No, but our big situation is still up in the air. And other than Crespin, I'm not hearing aby names to backup Okoro. I'm not saying Lorrneston is ideal, but he's 6'8" and supposedly can hit the 3. Granted he'd need to bulk up. 

10 minutes ago, slu72 said:

No, but our big situation is still up in the air. And other than Crespin, I'm not hearing aby names to backup Okoro. I'm not saying Lorrneston is ideal, but he's 6'8" and supposedly can hit the 3. Granted he'd need to bulk up. 

He was sooooooooo slow in game action, though. He just never seemed like he could keep up with back end of the opponent's bench. I don't how we could justify giving him minutes on next year's team.