Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

What about Rob Martin? I can’t think of a St. Louis “player of the year” Ford hasn’t wanted. I’m guessing with the rules today he can easily de-comit. The job would be his to lose. Then I would grab a portal player. Older the better. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DOC said:

What about Rob Martin? I can’t think of a St. Louis “player of the year” Ford hasn’t wanted. I’m guessing with the rules today he can easily de-comit.

He signed right before YC announced, so he'd have to be let out of his LOI. He can always do that and initiate contact, but we would definitely be accused of tampering.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

He signed right before YC announced, so he'd have to be let out of his LOI. He can always do that and initiate contact, but we would definitely be accused of tampering.

Seems like a small concern nowadays. Just have a local person contact him and offer $1 in NIL money to go to SLU. No tampering.

35 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Seems like a small concern nowadays. Just have a local person contact him and offer $1 in NIL money to go to SLU. No tampering.

Exactly. Coach Tatum calls Tate to check our interest. If we want him he goes into the portal. My question is would he be ready to take over the point?

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

💙

Looks like an absolute stud in his highlight video. Although after I was impressed with Rashad's Williams highlight video last year, I'm gonna dial back my expectations going forward on highlight videos 😀

On 4/22/2022 at 3:43 PM, ACE said:

Looks like an absolute stud in his highlight video. Although after I was impressed with Rashad's Williams highlight video last year, I'm gonna dial back my expectations going forward on highlight videos 😀

Unless they involve trash cans…

Luke Northweather's recruitment heated up quickly. He's down to a final 3 of Wisconsin, Oklahoma, and Mizzou. He's visiting all 3.

Posting his profile here for preservation:

Luke Northweather - C, 6-10, 225 - Wardsville, MO (Blair Oaks) - AAU: Mid MO Elite - Twitter: @LNorthweather22
Offers: Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Missouri, Wyoming.

Interest: Saint Louis, Loyola-Chicago, Marquette, Illinois, Utah, Boise State, Air Force, Belmont, Missouri State, SIU-Carbondale, Indiana State, Bradley, Illinois-Chicago, Southeast Missouri, SIU-Edwardsville, Tennessee-Martin, Lindenwood, Chattanooga, VMI, Northeastern, William & Mary, South Dakota State, North Dakota, Western Illinois, Cal State-Northridge, Northern Colorado, Sam Houston State, Bellarmine, Lipscomb, Liberty, Radford, Merrimack.

Latest News: Northweather has a top 3 of Wisconsin, Mizzou, and Oklahoma. (4/26/22)

Scouting Report: Northweather is a big, long, high-scoring frontcourt player who moves extremely well. He has an arsenal of post moves and runs the floor like a guard. He has a great feel for the game and shows good ball handling and passing skills. He's a strong rebounder, particularly on the defensive end. He's a very efficient scorer and topped 2,000 points for his HS career.

20 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Luke Northweather's recruitment heated up quickly. He's down to a final 3 of Wisconsin, Oklahoma, and Mizzou. He's visiting all 3.

Posting his profile here for preservation:

Luke Northweather - C, 6-10, 225 - Wardsville, MO (Blair Oaks) - AAU: Mid MO Elite - Twitter: @LNorthweather22
Offers: Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Missouri, Wyoming.

Interest: Saint Louis, Loyola-Chicago, Marquette, Illinois, Utah, Boise State, Air Force, Belmont, Missouri State, SIU-Carbondale, Indiana State, Bradley, Illinois-Chicago, Southeast Missouri, SIU-Edwardsville, Tennessee-Martin, Lindenwood, Chattanooga, VMI, Northeastern, William & Mary, South Dakota State, North Dakota, Western Illinois, Cal State-Northridge, Northern Colorado, Sam Houston State, Bellarmine, Lipscomb, Liberty, Radford, Merrimack.

Latest News: Northweather has a top 3 of Wisconsin, Mizzou, and Oklahoma. (4/26/22)

Scouting Report: Northweather is a big, long, high-scoring frontcourt player who moves extremely well. He has an arsenal of post moves and runs the floor like a guard. He has a great feel for the game and shows good ball handling and passing skills. He's a strong rebounder, particularly on the defensive end. He's a very efficient scorer and topped 2,000 points for his HS career.

We are kind of stupid for not offering him. That said, we didn’t really have room for him until a month ago. Might have been missed in the last few weeks. Bummer.

New interest: 

Amarr Knox - PG, 6-3, 170 - Memphis, TN (Bartlett) - AAU: Team Thad (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @amarr_knox - Committed: Memphis (1/15/21) - Decommitted: Memphis (10/30/21)
Offers: Memphis.

Interest: Saint Louis, Dayton, Massachusetts, Tennessee, LSU, East Carolina, Florida International, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Robert Morris, Morehead State, Tennessee Tech, Tennessee-Martin, Tennessee State, Southern Indiana, Appalachian State, North Dakota, South Dakota, UMBC, NJIT, Liberty, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, Texas-Rio Grande Valley, Alabama A&M.

Latest News: Knox has new interest from SLU. (4/28/22)

Scouting Report: Knox is a tough, crafty lead guard who can score on three levels. He has a shifty handle, changes speeds well, creates space, and makes plays for his teammates off the bounce. He accelerates in transition and gets into the lane at will. He's a tenacious on-ball defender and plays hard on both ends.

-Interesting one. Committed to Memphis 15 months ago and decommitted in October. Doesn't seem to have any offers but was in the ESPN top 100 for a while last year.

Luke Northweather committed to Oklahoma. Other finalists were Mizzou and Wisconsin. Going to be interesting to see if he was reaching, whether he's fine with a long-term plan, or whether he's better than people realized.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Luke Northweather committed to Oklahoma. Other finalists were Mizzou and Wisconsin. Going to be interesting to see if he was reaching, whether he's fine with a long-term plan, or whether he's better than people realized.

Its just stop #1. Thats it.

6 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Anything happening with Carr?

His Wake Forest visit was Wednesday, I'd expect to hear something real soon. His family still only follows SLU related accounts and none of the other schools in the mix so I hope that means something.

19 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Depends.  So far, Moser is still recruiting at a mid-major level when it comes to big men.  If Northweather is okay with riding the pine for a year he could very well end up in Oklahoma's rotation the following season.  

could be.  I bet theres a 25% chance he spends his whole career there. But most likely he wont. 

Thanks for all the updates everyone.

Went back , saw Amarr Knox playing on the same team with Larry Hughes Jr. At the Iverson Classic

BuiltFordBills likes this

We have Okoro who is foul prone. So there are significant minutes there. We also have a bunch of wings playing the 4, so the right guy or guys would get a lot of playing time between the 4 and 5 spots, and make us a complete team.

18 hours ago, Fraz said:

Good size.  Really smooth jumper and plus athleticism.  He’s only 17 years old too.  This would be a great get

The jumper looks soooo good. Silky smooth. Smoother than the new Snickers without the d!ck vein. 

There were a couple of plays above the rim that got me real excited and my favorite was at 4:31 when he tossed his teammate a perfect transition oop from behind the perimeter - he demands respect from the defense that deep but also has the passing skills to capitalize on the numbers advantage. 

He's a big guy for a 17 year old, would've believed he was 20-something. His playing style looks tailor-made for our system and group of guys.  

JMM28 and gabriel like this