Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mizzou signed another Cleveland State Viking yesterday and has no more room    for Turnbull  or even Jones  

Hodge’s commitment put Missouri one player over the 13-scholarship maximum for 2022-23 season unless one of the team’s six returning players or signed recruit Christian Jones decides to play elsewhere next season. Jones, a three-star guard from East St. Louis, has not returned messages since Mizzou fired former coach Cuonzo Martin last month. (Dave Matter)

BuiltFordBills likes this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Mizzou signed another Cleveland State Viking yesterday and has no more room    for Turnbull  or even Jones  

Hodge’s commitment put Missouri one player over the 13-scholarship maximum for 2022-23 season unless one of the team’s six returning players or signed recruit Christian Jones decides to play elsewhere next season. Jones, a three-star guard from East St. Louis, has not returned messages since Mizzou fired former coach Cuonzo Martin last month. (Dave Matter)

Haven’t watched a lot of Jones but sounds like someone that would be perfect reserve combo guard for a few years until playing time opens up

25 minutes ago, BuiltFordBills said:

Haven’t watched a lot of Jones but sounds like someone that would be perfect reserve combo guard for a few years until playing time opens up

Thames has better handles.  Jones did most of the ball handling for East Side because they didn't have anybody else.

I hope Thames sticks around long term.  If he could could develop a reliable jumper, he would be hard to guard. 

FWIW, Turnbull canceled his visit to Iowa according to a number of posters on their board. I am sure this means he is returning to Butler but with Iowa out of the running, and Mizzou without any scholarships left to give, you would have to think we are in the final two. 

4 minutes ago, SLUDrew said:

FWIW, Turnbull canceled his visit to Iowa according to a number of posters on their board. I am sure this means he is returning to Butler but with Iowa out of the running, and Mizzou without any scholarships left to give, you would have to think we are in the final two. 

Im still guessing its Butler. That said, my buddy was telling me about mizzou and how they currently have only 1 Center on the roster - an injury prone and unproven  player in yaya Kieta.  So mizzou may be in a better spot than I originally imagined. 

16 minutes ago, SLUDrew said:

when it was known that thad retained turnbull's chief recruiter i gave up the hope then.   

38 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Im still guessing its Butler. That said, my buddy was telling me about mizzou and how they currently have only 1 Center on the roster - an injury prone and unproven  player in yaya Kieta.  So mizzou may be in a better spot than I originally imagined. 

gates will boot a player if he finds one he wants more.

55 minutes ago, SLUDrew said:

50 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I'm still guessing its Butler. That said, my buddy was telling me about mizzou and how they currently have only 1 Center on the roster - an injury prone and unproven  player in yaya Kieta.  So mizzou may be in a better spot than I originally imagined. 

Butler Hoops had the same Iowa cancelation comment yesterday.  Iowa still has high hopes on the big 6'10" C from Utah Valley.  And Butler has high hopes on 6'10" C Manny Bates from NC State.  Mizzou signed the 6'11" Mo Diarra, #1 Rated JUCO Player per jucorecruiting.com, so I'm not sure what your buddy is saying. (The kid already get a better offer?)

The next time I talk to Turnbull will be the first time I talk to Turnbull, but I'm not sure he isn't a stretch big rather than a back to basket C, as these other two are inclined to be.  So either school could get their prime recruit and still add Conner as a complimentary player. Turnbull doesn't appear to be the #1 priority of either program.

I'm also guessing Butler.  Let him go there and then transfer back here in a year or two.

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

.  Mizzou signed the 6'11" Mo Diarra, #1 Rated JUCO Player per jucorecruiting.com, so I'm not sure what your buddy is saying. (The kid already get a better offer?)

edit: he doesn't consider himself a center..

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

edit: he doesn't consider himself a center..

Good to see he has a sense of humor.  Very few teams list 'Center' anymore as a position.  Okoro, Traore and Linssen were all listed as F.  Mizzou listed Keita and Wilmore as Forwards, the latter being 7'3". 

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Good to see he has a sense of humor.  Very few teams list 'Center' anymore as a position.  Okoro, Traore and Linssen were all listed as F.  Mizzou listed Keita and Wilmore as Forwards, the latter being 7'3". 

He still prefers playing the perimeter more Than the paint. You really want him to be a big so bad, not sure I follow why.  

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

He still prefers playing the perimeter more Than the paint. You really want him to be a big so bad, not sure I follow why.  

You are reading W A Y too much into posts.  I could care less what label you want to put on him or where he plays.  

Just now, HoosierPal said:

You are reading W A Y too much into posts.  I could care less where he plays.  

I can’t find the tweet from some French nba thing, but what I’m saying to you is in a Q and A he mentions he plays more like a big guard and a big.  Like the to handle the ball up high, likes to switch and guard PGs etc. so mizzou wanting a center or a PF like turnbull makes sense 

2 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I still do not understand why we did not offer Robert Lewis. Local kid, lots of upside. Stretch 4.

Really late bloomer who never had anything close to even a mid major offer.  He's a borderline D-2/D-1 player.  He may get better but he's not a player at this level right now.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Turnbull re-commits to butler 

Attention SLU Men's basketball Program: 

Your loyal fans are in dire need of some good news.  Or do an interview with Stu on how SLU basketball is still on course for great things ahead. 

15 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Is thames going to be a PG or combo guard or SG?

i've always assumed he would be a combo guard but very little time served as a pg.   i now expect that might change as i envision we likely only find one pg in the portal cluster