Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

52 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Was surprised to see these NIL numbers

Mongolian Mike, Dayton commit - 44k

Tarris Reed Michigan commit - 14k

Yes quite interesting.  Where did you find these?  Wonder how much Holmes is getting to stay at Dayton.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Yes quite interesting.  Where did you find these?  Wonder how much Holmes is getting to stay at Dayton.

on3.com

Doesn't show current players NIL, just signed recruits. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Was surprised to see these NIL numbers

Mongolian Mike, Dayton commit - 44k

Tarris Reed Michigan commit - 14k

That is just an estimate of their advertising worth based on followers. It’s an interesting premise from on3, but more so just shows the potential reach, not actual earnings. 

RUBillsFan and wgstl like this

10 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

That is just an estimate of their advertising worth based on followers. It’s an interesting premise from on3, but more so just shows the potential reach, not actual earnings. 

Makes sense.  Flyer Nation is a lot more interested in a player they project as a future all-conference player than Michigan fans are in a four-star forward.  Michigan fans takes four-star forwards for granted.

I don't expect a commitment today, especially with a kid that just opened up recruitment days ago, but I think we are positioned to get him. Only school he's rumored around that can guarantee he'll be in the mix for a NCAA bid for 4 years. Yes, we may not make it all 4, but we should be in the hunt and well above .500 (and I am cautiously optimistic for another run - maybe the longest we've ever had).

On 4/8/2022 at 11:12 AM, cheeseman said:

He is from around here so he knows what kind of weather we have.

I meant that snow in April is like a sign from God. Makes the campus look beautiful. Little things like that can influence a person. Certainly, it had that effect on me when I was young. 

33 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Out with it 

He's probably referring to this tweet - which seems to hint at Turnbull perhaps?

Rammer just dropped a little nugget that SLU might get another roster addition "tonight or tomorrow" that is "a little different" than the last two commitments. He emphasized the word big, so do with that what you will.

3 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I didn’t see the question mark the first time I looked at this. Do you know something?

Ha I changed it and added the ? Cause it looked like I was dropping the news. A fella I know who is pretty plugged into HS hoops texted me saying he’s about to announce. Didn’t say what day(or ever with who) so I was hoping today 

DeSmetBilliken likes this

I originally posted this on the Pickett thread as a response to @dennis_w, but it belongs here. 

I skimmed through Dave Matter's Mizzou Chat this afternoon.  There was no mention of a weekend visit by Turnbull, and -I am no means knowledgeable of Mizzou's roster - but they may not have room for him.  Per Matter, they still need a point guard, and their #1 target is UMass and Logan College's Sean East.  They also are looking at three point shooters, with the Citadel's Jason Roche the prime target.

Here is the current roster he listed.  I don't know if any of these are walk on's or not.  But that is 12 names, and if a PG is the prime need, someone would have to be 'excused' for Turnbull to find a home in Columbia.  Matter also had good things to say about Pickett calling him the definition of a glue guy. 

If everyone on the current roster returns - and they have until May 1 to enter the transfer portal - and Christian Jones follows through on his letter of intent and ends up at Missouri, then Gates has only one more scholarship for the 2022-23 team. Here's the breakdown:
Returning players
Kobe Brown, forward
Amari Davis, guard
Boogie Coleman, guard
Ronnie DeGray III, forward
Kaleb Brown, guard
Yaya Keita foward/center
Signed high school recruits
Christian Jones, guard/wing
Aidan Shaw forward
Transfer commitments
Tre Gomillion, guard/wing
DeAndre Gholston, guard/wing
Noah Carter, wing/forward
Mo Diarra, forward/center

That's 12 names with room for one more. Obviously, for every player you lose, you have another place to add a player.   I don't expect the 2022-23 roster to have the look of a complete team ready to compete for an SEC championship.

26 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I originally posted this on the Pickett thread as a response to @dennis_w, but it belongs here. 

I skimmed through Dave Matter's Mizzou Chat this afternoon.  There was no mention of a weekend visit by Turnbull, and -I am no means knowledgeable of Mizzou's roster - but they may not have room for him.  

Per Powermizzou, Turnbull unofficial visit to Missouri on Saturday and Iowa on Tuesday 

26 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

They could yank the offer from under any one of their six verbal commitments in Gholston, Gomillion, Carter, Diarra, Shaw, and Jones if need be or send another kid out the portal.  They have no size on the roster whatsoever outside Keita and Diarra.