Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

2 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

I see he was rated a 3 Star. My question for anyone who has seen him play in HS...how confident are you that he has the skills needed to be the player who will get the minutes when Okoro needs to come out due to foul trouble or a rest? I don't know anything about his game?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dennis_w said:

i believe lawrence bowers is putting together some nil stuff for mizzou. still in the works is my understanding but it will be there

He was on the channel 5 sports tonight. I worry we won’t be competitive in this game. With all due respect to this board I don’t see anyone in our program taking up the call like Bowers or Demetrius Johnson. 

53 minutes ago, Schasz said:

I see he was rated a 3 Star. My question for anyone who has seen him play in HS...how confident are you that he has the skills needed to be the player who will get the minutes when Okoro needs to come out due to foul trouble or a rest? I don't know anything about his game?

He certainly has the skills needed, and he’s definitely not soft. His main issue coming into college will be strength, he’s pretty lean at this stage having gone through a recent growth spurt and that sometimes leaves him a little exposed defensively. He’d be fine against the majority of teams we play but would have more difficulty than someone like Linssen against teams with really aggressive big men like Auburn, Memphis and Dayton.

In an ideal world you’d probably prefer another big to go along with Okoro/Turnbull, but that’s a tough sell from a playing time perspective.

54 minutes ago, willie said:

He was on the channel 5 sports tonight. I worry we won’t be competitive in this game. With all due respect to this board I don’t see anyone in our program taking up the call like Bowers or Demetrius Johnson. 

I believe that most P-5 programs will allocate NIL for those players projected to be key or star players. I'd be willing to take a strong guess that Mizzou is no exception to that principle.

3 hours ago, willie said:

Please explain. I struggle to see how someone like Bowers is a better choice for that role than a booster with real money.

gabriel likes this

On 4/6/2022 at 7:43 AM, wgstl said:

Gabe says in this post that mizzou is the favorite early on

Gabe’s also a tool and an idiot 

"Tool" is a very accurate description of Gabe. I'd go one step further and say massive tool.

On 4/6/2022 at 8:06 AM, NoCoBillsFan said:

If he somehow ends up at Dayton, I’d probably throw up.

Agree. I'd rather he end up at Mizzou than Dayton. At least at Mizzou he'll fade into irrelevancy along with the team.

@MidtownMadPod - “Turnbull was an AAU teammate of SLU signees @Nick_kramer03 and @KellenThames - the trio helped @BradBealElite to a second place finish at the Nike EYBL Peach Jam last July.”

I don’t know if this has been stated on here yet, but to me it seems like an easy sell for SLU over Mizzou, excluding NIL deals. That’s also if he even wants to stay in state. 

gabriel, Zink, Old guy and 4 others like this

29 minutes ago, Young Charles said:

@MidtownMadPod - “Turnbull was an AAU teammate of SLU signees @Nick_kramer03 and @KellenThames - the trio helped @BradBealElite to a second place finish at the Nike EYBL Peach Jam last July.”

I don’t know if this has been stated on here yet, but to me it seems like an easy sell for SLU over Mizzou, excluding NIL deals. That’s also if he even wants to stay in state. 

We tagged everyone for a reason. Not sure what his priorities are, just putting positive vibes out there.

11 hours ago, thetorch said:

Nice get for Pine Bluff. This guy can fill it up.

I just updated his bio a few days ago. Might as well preserve it here:

Robert Lewis - PF, 6-8, 180 - St. Louis, MO (Cardinal Ritter) - AAU: Brad Beal Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @Roblew22
Offers: Louisiana-Monroe, Lindenwood, Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

Interest: Saint Louis, East Carolina, SIU-Carbondale, Indiana State, Samford, VMI, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Kentucky, Cal State-Fullerton, Merrimack, Florida Gulf Coast, Lipscomb, Incarnate Word, Grambling State.

Latest News: Lewis received an offer from Lindenwood. (4/1/22)

Scouting Report: Lewis is a long, lean, versatile forward. He's a very efficient scorer inside, loves to operate in mid-range, and will step out and shoot from the perimeter on occasion. He's an excellent offensive rebounder and gets a lot of his points on putbacks and second chances. He came on strong as an all-around scorer over the course of his senior season. He gives up weight and strength defensively against bigger players but has good instincts and shot blocking ability.

30 minutes ago, Young Charles said:

That, and he gets to wear awesome blue over gold and black. SLU is a more fun campus, smaller and more personable, at least in my opinion from a long time ago.

thatskablamo likes this

Is there Larry Hughes Jr. interest??? Either side?

Know we full at wing, if Nesbitt doesn't return , would that open up something? 

Can he play the point?

I see where he shot 3s at 35%. I assume from that he can hit a mid range jumper. A stretch big would compliment Okoro, if he can move his feet and play some defense.

I also think Okoros progress last season over his play in Oregon, shows a big man can do well here. 

8 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Frank mentioned on his show yesterday that he thought Mizzou was the favorite for Turnbull right now, but looks like the Bills are trying to make an impression.

Mizzou has a center for the next two seasons