Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

32 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-The Legend was at the UAB game 

hmmmm he must have new seats.   he was not in his seats he has been sitting since he retired from the nba.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Maybe they gave him better seats as a perk to lure his son -lol

he's already in the fifth row with all inclusive seats.   i guess he could be sitting next to doc chaifetz.   i typically check the good doctor's seats and i didnt see the legend sitting down there.  

Are we out if Scholarships for next year, sounds like Linssen is not planning on returning next season, does that change things???

1 minute ago, BLIKNS said:

Are we out if Scholarships for next year, sounds like Linssen is not planning on returning next season, does that change things???

No, I think we will have 13 scholarhship players without Linssen.

That said, I doubt there will be any year moving forward where we don’t have at least one and likely more scholarships open during the transfer season.

22 hours ago, Slowry said:

There will be a transfer or two next year.  There always is.

With our 3 recruits coming in next year, all being in the SG/SF (#2 & #3), I would be shocked to see MS stick around.  Also, the only thing holding Williams back from leaving is that he would likely not be approved for a waiver again, after getting one this year.  We still need a back up PG unless Nesbitt is that guy-losing Jones (or Kerr as he was called yesterday) leaves us with a big hole in the lineup.  Maybe a grad student out of the transfer portal can be found.

8 hours ago, bauman said:

With our 3 recruits coming in next year, all being in the SG/SF (#2 & #3), I would be shocked to see MS stick around.  Also, the only thing holding Williams back from leaving is that he would likely not be approved for a waiver again, after getting one this year.  We still need a back up PG unless Nesbitt is that guy-losing Jones (or Kerr as he was called yesterday) leaves us with a big hole in the lineup.  Maybe a grad student out of the transfer portal can be found.

I generally don’t like speculating about who might transfer.  We know odds are someone will, but it feels a little slimy.

Non-transfer speculation that could open up a spot - what if Fred Thatch decides to just call it a career?  He’ll have been around 4 years after this season.  He already graduated at the end of last season.  I think he’s working on his MBA now.  If he finishes that, maybe he decides to start his career instead of playing out his remaining 2 years of eligibility.

Littlebill likes this

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

I generally don’t like speculating about who might transfer.  We know odds are someone will, but it feels a little slimy.

Non-transfer speculation that could open up a spot - what if Fred Thatch decides to just call it a career?  He’ll have been around 4 years after this season.  He already graduated at the end of last season.  I think he’s working on his MBA now.  If he finishes that, maybe he decides to start his career instead of playing out his remaining 2 years of eligibility.

I think Fred knows he is not going to play professional basketball after SLU. He may extend one year if he needs it to finish his masters degree.

17 hours ago, bauman said:

I cannot disagree on who might leave because of the position and he is not a shooter.

Yuri plays such big minutes Jones has trouble getting into games sometimes so I would rather have a big to replace Linssen when he graduates.

Point guard.  Preferably a four year point who can sit and learn behind Yuri.  Loor around .... Dayton is developing Smith and Greer.  Duquesne has Primo Spears.  St. Joe's has Reynolds behind Hall.  Davidson is using Loyer to develop Huffman.  Teams with solo point guards (us, the Bonnies, Umass, VCU) will suffer most without having another in the pipeline.  And with Linssen leaving, the front line is weak(er).  Remember my Jimmy Bell Jr. theory.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Tough challenge for Nick Kramer and SLUH tonight as Chaminade comes to their gym.  Chaminade doesn't have any stars this year but they are still one of the top 5 teams in the area and SLUH hasn't beaten Chaminade in forever.  Game starts at 7:15.

Is there any sort of streaming option?

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Tough challenge for Nick Kramer and SLUH tonight as Chaminade comes to their gym.  Chaminade doesn't have any stars this year but they are still one of the top 5 teams in the area and SLUH hasn't beaten Chaminade in forever.  Game starts at 7:15.

Is Damien Mayo not on the team anymore? I know Tarris Reed got poached by the Prep School in Springfield. 

8 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

SLUH finally takes down Chaminade, 66-57.  Nick Kramer goes off for 34 points, which I believe is a career high. It will be tough beating out Sincere Parker for a spot in the 8 man rotation but I wouldn't bet against him.

No doubt Kramer can shoot, comparable to Jimerson..... his ball handling needs some work, but an exciting prospect...the replay is still available...

https://team1sports.com/SLUHAthletics/

slufanskip and RUBillsFan like this

• 2 weeks later...

Larry Hughes, Jr. was at Butler's game against Seton Hall last night (with his dad). I think he's been on campus at least three times and Butler appears to be emerging as one of his favorites. I saw an article that said he has a bunch of offers, but haven't been able to verify them - it's been an odd recruitment to track.

21 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Larry Hughes, Jr. was at Butler's game against Seton Hall last night (with his dad). I think he's been on campus at least three times and Butler appears to be emerging as one of his favorites. I saw an article that said he has a bunch of offers, but haven't been able to verify them - it's been an odd recruitment to track.

-I've not seen them play yet this season, is he good enough for the BEast?