Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

39 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

After Bell's Freshman season he was excited about returning and looking to improve.  The coaching staff spent that summer recruiting other big men and telling them that the minutes Bell received were out of necessity.  That there would be minutes available backing up and potentially playing alongside French.  Linssen signed.  This year,  there are a lot of wing players who would have been higher on the depth chart than Bell that you have to find minutes for.  The writing was on the wall.  The only surprise was how long Bell waited to transfer.

Agree with you, however this was not the only surprise. Players transfer all the time, but usually to other D1 or even D2 programs. Bell transferred to JC, this was a surprise, for me at least.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

But Traore won’t be asked to play from day 1. The only way Traore plays any significant minutes, at least initially, is if something bad happens. 

I agree, which is why I said it's a different question. All I'm saying is that there is a 0% chance that the coaching staff wanted Jimmy Bell to go to JUCO with the hopes that he'd return. Big man depth in games and in practice is valued by coaching staffs everywhere.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:16 AM, Pistol said:

KyeRon Lindsay, the forward we offered out of ProSkills (TX) in the EYBL/Peach Jam, announced his top 8 and SLU isn't in it. Tennessee, Texas A&M, TCU, Arkansas, UNLV, Georgia, Tulsa, Oklahoma State.

Lindsay is going to UNLV.

32 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Lindsay is going to UNLV.

-you sure? after all he only says he's 10,000% committed

-interesting as in other thread CFord and Coach Forte are in what looks like an indoor football practice facility and here's this guy's photo on an outside court, looks like in a park, quite the contrast

rgbilliken likes this

23 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

You would also be in Moberly, MO. ;)  Makes Hannibal look like Shanghai.

But you are sincere in your travel plans, I’ll give you that!

We don’t have to denigrate Moberly here, I am sure it has a Walmart and a McDonald’s, it has the basis for life. If one has unlimited time, then travel for any basketball is an acceptable investment.

Billiken Rich likes this

9 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

We don’t have to denigrate Moberly here, I am sure it has a Walmart and a McDonald’s, it has the basis for life. If one has unlimited time, then travel for any basketball is an acceptable investment.

I could compile a scouting report on a next year billiken and all mbm's would be on the edge of their seats waiting for the posting. maybe even have a podcast.lol

RUBillsFan likes this

3 hours ago, dennis_w said:

I could compile a scouting report on a next year billiken and all mbm's would be on the edge of their seats waiting for the posting. maybe even have a podcast.lol

I've been saying this for months... what we need around here are more billiken podcasts

• 1 month later...

Just doing some cleanup in the recruiting lists thread. Wanted to save this here for future reference (no news, I'm just way behind).

Braxton Stacker - SG, 6-5, 180 - Belleville, IL (Cardinal Ritter, MO) - AAU: Brad Beal Elite (Nike EYBL) - Committed: Murray State (10/10/21)
Offers: Murray State, Boston, Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

Interest: Saint Louis, VCU, George Washington, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Kansas State, Missouri, Temple, Tulsa, East Carolina, Utah State, Colorado State, Boise State, Princeton, Cornell, Loyola-Chicago, SIU-Carbondale, Illinois State, Valparaiso, Belmont, Eastern Kentucky, Austin Peay, SIU-Edwardsville, Southeast Missouri, Western Kentucky, Middle Tennessee State, Rice, Buffalo, Miami-Ohio, Toledo, Illinois-Chicago, Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, South Dakota State, North Dakota, Oral Roberts, Elon, UC-Irvine, Eastern Washington, Texas Southern.

Latest News: Stacker committed to Murray State. (10/10/21)

Scouting Report: Stacker is a long, athletic guard who can score on all three levels. He's versatile on both ends of the court, with the ability to run the point and guard three positions. He's a strong slasher and finisher with an explosive first step. He's a high-level competitor with good instincts. He transferred from Belleville East to Cardinal Ritter before his junior year.

I saw Kramer already signed today. I saw Sincere will be signing this evening, but I haven’t seen anything about Thames signing today. I’m NOT suggesting that there is any problem, just haven’t seen anything. Has anybody else heard anything?

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

I saw Kramer already signed today. I saw Sincere will be signing this evening, but I haven’t seen anything about Thames signing today. I’m NOT suggesting that there is any problem, just haven’t seen anything. Has anybody else heard anything?

I'm not on Instagram, so I can't confirm but:

Edit. Further research:

Edited by RUBillsFan

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 8:52 AM, 3star_recruit said:

Sincere Parker followed up his lights out performance against John Wood by scoring 8 points on 4-18 shooting against undefeated Southeastern.  Jimmy Bell had 3 points and 6 rebounds off the bench.

Parker scored 22 points vs. #11 Indian Hills, Jimmy Bell double/double 11/11 in a loss.

Kramer carried SLUH on his back tonight with clutch baskets vs. Fr. Tolton, a team that won district last year and could win state this year.

Tolton's freshman point guard, Aaron Rowe, has offers from SLU and Tennessee.

On 4/9/2021 at 11:35 AM, 3star_recruit said:

PrepHoops agrees that Luke Northweather is trending as a mid-major prospect.

Luke Northweather (Mid-Mo Elite 17U)
What a show Northweather put on in Louisville!  The 6’9” five man from Missouri was outstanding using his size and skill to dominate on the interior.  The rising senior has an excellent feel for scoring on the block with seals, spins, and power moves.  Soft touch around the hoop.  Finished well through contact and was very physical in the paint.  Like how deep of a position he consistently got on the catch.  Rebounded at a high rate in his area and on the defensive end was a force swatting shots all weekend whether it was other guards or opposing post players.  Low-major and mid-major programs should definitely be on this five man.

I haven't seen a ton about him since your post (except that he got an offer from Wyoming over the summer), but he popped up in my Twitter feed again and I really like the look of him. He moves well and is every bit of 6-10.

Again, you mentioned level of competition being a question in terms of what he can handle at the next level - also maybe why he isn't getting more exposure, playing at Blair Oaks - but he does a lot of things well and looks the part. Played this summer for Mid MO Elite. Some D-I coaches follow him on Twitter - SIUC, Indiana State, Illinois State, Belmont, Boise State, SEMO, Utah, VMI, North Dakota, Tennessee-Martin, Northern Colorado, Lipscomb, Liberty, CSU-Northridge - and I'm wondering if more offers start to come in over the season.

I think the fact that Luke Northweather is an average athlete AND his competition level is poor explains our lack of interest.  You have to pick a struggle.  Northweather is probably better off adjusting to D-1 at a lower level of competition where he gets to play instead of watching our upperclassmen from the bench.

Compare our lack of interest in Northweather with our recent interest in 6'8 2023 jumping jack Rashaud Marshal in Blytheville, AR.  He doesn't have anywhere near Northweather's offensive skills but he's athletic, can rebound and his school plays a more challenging schedule than Blair Oaks.

I think Northweather's college path will be similar to Marten Linssen.  Linssen was a non-factor at Valparaiso.  But he went to another mid-major program where he could play a lot and got better.  And we're the program reaping the benefits.  I think we've reached the point as a program were we can swoop in and get a Luke Northweather after another program builds him up.

Pistol likes this

• 2 weeks later...