Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

8 hours ago, seanwest said:

The 2022 commit is not from St. Louis.. I would just post the player name but I don't want a screenshot to get out as I confirmed with the person I'd keep it between us. Should be announced in the next few days! 

It's a guard/wing. Explosive athlete, mid-to-high major interest and offers. Really solid prospect in my eyes. 

Oh man.  I was totally focused on local (or semi-local) guys just knowing what little I know about your background.  Excited to hear who this is when the news officially drops.  Thanks for sharing.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

s-l300.jpg

I always wondered why they didn't get another big name NBA player to be the 3rd recruit in Blue Chips instead of Matt Nover.  There is a rumor that Bobby Knight wouldn't do the movie unless one of his IU players got a part.  Did they need a white dude who looked like a freshman in college age farm boy and weren't happy with the crop of well known NBA players who might fit the bill?  Everyone hated Christian Laettner & Bobby Hurley?  Maybe they couldn't afford a 3rd NBA player?  It always kind of baffled me.  

Going back one page, one of our knowledgeable local recruiting posters - 3star- is likely not too excited.  If he is really 6'3" it would seem like he is a good roster fit as a juco transfer, eventually replacing our two guard vets who are new this year, Williams and the C Ark grad transfer, Jones.  In any case, I would say the initial descriptions of this player were a bit overblown.

I still haven't heard that Williams has been cleared by the NCAA to play so this this might be a backup plan in case Williams doesn't wind up at SLU.

Our coaching staff has strong JUCO relationships, I trust them to scout that space well. Parker is the third big guard we've added in the class of 2022, could be a theme.

Parker will be teammates with Jimmy Bell Jr. this upcoming season at Moberly. 

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Going back one page, one of our knowledgeable local recruiting posters - 3star- is likely not too excited.  If he is really 6'3" it would seem like he is a good roster fit as a juco transfer, eventually replacing our two guard vets who are new this year, Williams and the C Ark grad transfer, Jones.  In any case, I would say the initial descriptions of this player were a bit overblown.

I still haven't heard that Williams has been cleared by the NCAA to play so this this might be a backup plan in case Williams doesn't wind up at SLU.

Not to dump on three star or anything, but guys who do windmills in game are explosive athletes. This guy is an explosive athlete.

6 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Not to dump on three star or anything, but guys who do windmills in game are explosive athletes. This guy is an explosive athlete.

From his highlight video, I don’t know if I’d call him “explosive”, but he’s more than athletic enough. When you shoot like that, with that kind of range, defenses have to come out and guard you. And his body control is good enough to finish through contact, even if he isn’t the quickest player on the drive. Really excited about this commitment. Shooting 40% from 3, when so many of his 3’s are from that deep, is very impressive. Could be another huge Juco steal for Ford & Co.

34 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Jimmy posted on his Instagram congratulating Sincere. I honestly don’t think Jimmy has any ill will towards SLU.

Jimmy was given a fair chance to play on this team and it did not work out so I never thought he would have any ill will either.

Jimmy got a lot of love from the fans this should be a good memory for him.

2 hours ago, NH said:

Our coaching staff has strong JUCO relationships, I trust them to scout that space well. Parker is the third big guard we've added in the class of 2022, could be a theme.

Parker will be teammates with Jimmy Bell Jr. this upcoming season at Moberly. 

Might have to catch a greyhound game, not a long drive for me 

thatskablamo likes this

2 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

From his highlight video, I don’t know if I’d call him “explosive”, but he’s more than athletic enough. When you shoot like that, with that kind of range, defenses have to come out and guard you. And his body control is good enough to finish through contact, even if he isn’t the quickest player on the drive. Really excited about this commitment. Shooting 40% from 3, when so many of his 3’s are from that deep, is very impressive. Could be another huge Juco steal for Ford & Co.

Has anyone found Parker's shooting or scoring stats?  There are now 2 separate posts about him being a 40% shooter from beyond the arc.  That would be great if true.  I just have not seen any basis for that stat.  He certainly looks very good in his highlight video.

9 minutes ago, bauman said:

Has anyone found Parker's shooting or scoring stats?  There are now 2 separate posts about him being a 40% shooter from beyond the arc.  That would be great if true.  I just have not seen any basis for that stat.  He certainly looks very good in his highlight video.

Sincere Parker NCAA Stats, Moberly, Awards - RealGM

11 minutes ago, bauman said:

Sorry, this is the official link...there are some inaccurate #s on the previous link:

NJCAA

17 minutes ago, bauman said:

6 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Sorry, this is the official link...there are some inaccurate #s on the previous link:

NJCAA

I also saw, I think it was a tweet, someone said he put up those numbers last year with a knee injury and a separated shoulder. Apparently, neither required surgery. Really impressive.

3 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

What are the chances that Jimmy Bell was "farmed" out to get some real playing time?  And what if he is so thankful for the SLU help, he comes back next year?  Discuss ......

I think this is a reasonable possibility. Would possibly explain the late transfer.