Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

If you believe the recruiting sites top 4 are Michigan, Michigan Stare. Ohio State and Purdue. 24/7 says 100% Michigan. 
Who really knows?

I honestly hadn’t seen the 24/7 crystal ball before I made my prediction. 

21 minutes ago, thetorch said:

My Mi$$ou friends have said Jones has higher upside than Thames, but his offer was to get Rich into the fold.

I saw one of those Boone County Tech recruiting bloggers tweet that Thames is the better player right now, but Jones has the higher ceiling. Probably wishful thinking on their part.

I didn’t realize their staff was so high on Rich. It hasn’t seemed like his recruitment has blown up that much.

Regarding Tarris Reed, it seems like the most smoke is around Michigan lately. Michigan State had been his leader for a lot of his recruitment, from outside appearances.

Regarding Christian Jones, getting him to commit as a way to get closer to Macaleab Rich is an odd tactic. They're HS teammates and I'm sure they're friends, but it's not like they're siblings. Martin is an ESL guy. He doesn't need excuses to be there all the time.

FWIW, I think Rich is going to be a stud. Would take him in a heartbeat and would absolutely be prioritizing him.

As for Jones vs. Thames, I would still take Thames. He's the better player right now and his feel is much better. They're both relatively raw in certain ways, and both are definitely players who need to add a lot of muscle for college. I think Thames is going to end up taller, too (his dad is taller than him at this point, and the younger Thames has huge feet). They've both got a lot of developing to do and things could change, I just don't see more upside in Jones.

brianstl and TheChosenOne like this

Kellen has shown in two straight games that he can score against good competition if he gets minutes.  We've got two 3 star recruits, folks.  The recruiting sites just haven't caught up to that fact.  And given how COVID has restricted how often mid-major kids are evaluated, this year's recruiting rankings may never catch up to reality.

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Regarding Tarris Reed, it seems like the most smoke is around Michigan lately. Michigan State had been his leader for a lot of his recruitment, from outside appearances.

Regarding Christian Jones, getting him to commit as a way to get closer to Macaleab Rich is an odd tactic. They're HS teammates and I'm sure they're friends, but it's not like they're siblings. Martin is an ESL guy. He doesn't need excuses to be there all the time.

FWIW, I think Rich is going to be a stud. Would take him in a heartbeat and would absolutely be prioritizing him.

As for Jones vs. Thames, I would still take Thames. He's the better player right now and his feel is much better. They're both relatively raw in certain ways, and both are definitely players who need to add a lot of muscle for college. I think Thames is going to end up taller, too (his dad is taller than him at this point, and the younger Thames has huge feet). They've both got a lot of developing to do and things could change, I just don't see more upside in Jones.

At our level, most definitely.  He's growing into a French-type body but with more speed.  He's already a legit offensive threat 10 feet and in.  If he can stretch his game to the free throw line, Rich will be unstoppable at the mid-major level.

33 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

At our level, most definitely.  He's growing into a French-type body but with more speed.  He's already a legit offensive threat 10 feet and in.  If he can stretch his game to the free throw line, Rich will be unstoppable at the mid-major level.

Thanks for the info, @3star_recruit. I wonder why Ford and his staff haven’t offered Rich yet then?

22 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I saw one of those Boone County Tech recruiting bloggers tweet that Thames is the better player right now, but Jones has the higher ceiling. Probably wishful thinking on their part.

I didn’t realize their staff was so high on Rich. It hasn’t seemed like his recruitment has blown up that much.

If I were a mizzou fan, I would hope for the kids with the best game now, and not the most up side.. because players don’t seem to improve any under cuonzo… 

brianstl likes this

Metro East kids have really been hurt with the shutdown.  Some of them didn't play at all for months.  Part of the reason Jones, Rich, and others recruitment is slower than even MO kids.

Rich plays a lot like Hargrove did, maybe a little more skill.  He's not a musclebound PF at all.  He needs to work on skill development, which Hargrove able to do very much of until he got here.

Nick Kramer WENT OFF at the end of the 3rd quarter. Two 3’s and an alley pop assist to Thames on consecutive possessions. Kramer is up to 8 points.