Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

10 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

A google search shows Sekeue in Lanaster TX, co-founder of YES, Youth Empowerment Society.  He is also listed as  a Teacher and Coach in the Dallas ISD.  BS from SLU in Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services.

sounds like a success to me.   this is what college athletics is really about.  

HoosierPal and Old guy like this

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Is it sad that I am really looking forward to watching this? An hour until tip off.

Never sad to love college and high school basketball it’s a good thing.

TheChosenOne likes this

Kramer had a strong game. 13 points (4-7, 3-6, 2-2), 1 rebound, lot of strong defensive play.

Not as much from Thames today. 2 points (0-3, 0-1, 2-2), 2 rebounds, 1 assist.

BBE won handily in the end. MOKAN is different without Reed, and whether they're a factor in the Peach Jam after this depends on his availability. Also, they've been without Skyy Clark (knee) for the whole EYBL.

20 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Kramer had a strong game. 13 points (4-7, 3-6, 2-2), 1 rebound, lot of strong defensive play.

Not as much from Thames today. 2 points (0-3, 0-1, 2-2), 2 rebounds, 1 assist.

BBE won handily in the end. MOKAN is different without Reed, and whether they're a factor in the Peach Jam after this depends on his availability. Also, they've been without Skyy Clark (knee) for the whole EYBL.

Kramer looks like a Jimerson and Lisch hybrid. Has the best parts of both of their styles. I would love to see those two on the floor together.

Early start for BBE this morning. They're up 36-31 on ProSkills at halftime.

Thames hit a 3 to close out the half, his only points. Kramer hasn't scored yet (0-2, both from 3).

New offer KyeRon Lindsay has 8 and 4 for ProSkills. SLU also has some interest in his teammate Jalen Reed, who has 2 and 3. Both are key players who should get a lot of run in the second half if you want to get a look at them.

Stream here. Stats here

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Early start for BBE this morning. They're up 36-31 on ProSkills at halftime.

Thames hit a 3 to close out the half, his only points. Kramer hasn't scored yet (0-2, both from 3).

New offer KyeRon Lindsay has 8 and 4 for ProSkills. SLU also has some interest in his teammate Jalen Reed, who has 2 and 3. Both are key players who should get a lot of run in the second half if you want to get a look at them.

Stream here. Stats here

BBE goes down in OT.  I didn't get to watch the game, but the box score makes it appear that Lindsay had a really nice game.

Game 2 of the day for BBE. If they don't make it out of group A, this would be their last game. They should be in with a win (MOKAN and ProSkills play each other and any order is possible, with point differential as the tiebreaker). Stream.

EDIT: To be clear, BBE can still lose and make it out of Group A into the playoffs. They just need ProSkills to beat MOKAN.

Thames indeed had a strong performance this afternoon. Played more confident and aggressive than he has yet in the EYBL season or Peach Jam. Miller didn't have his best game so Thames ended up being second in scoring with 11. I've been impressed with his rebounding. He's raw in some ways and certainly needs to add to his frame but the pieces are all there.

Quiet game from Kramer, who was more effective this morning. He and Thames basically flipped today.

Stacker has been excellent for the past two weeks but had a quiet game. He's really raised his stock, in my eyes. UAPB is the only offer so far and I think more have to be on the way.

I just don't see much from Jones. He looks like a total reach/project for Mizzou.

Smith looks like a 5-star, as Miller already is. He had a rough game this morning but has been spectacular most of the entire event.

Turnbull is a long-term big for Butler. Really needs to add muscle and get more assertive. Should be a solid four-year big in college if he puts in the work. Same is true of Lewis, and he's probably a step behind Turnbull. Prep year might make sense for him.

Fears is the Chicago PG playing up with this team. Frustrating player. Has some talent but I question his PG instincts. Does one year make that big a difference? 

Banks is a PF from KC and I don't think SLU is recruiting him. He's been a perfect junkyard dog in some games and really sloppy in others. Not super skilled, and seems to play best at the rim, going for rebounds, putbacks, easy finishes. I really like him as a prospect if he could be more consistent.

SLURadioBoy and Zink like this

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Thames indeed had a strong performance this afternoon. Played more confident and aggressive than he has yet in the EYBL season or Peach Jam. Miller didn't have his best game so Thames ended up being second in scoring with 11. I've been impressed with his rebounding. He's raw in some ways and certainly needs to add to his frame but the pieces are all there.

Quiet game from Kramer, who was more effective this morning. He and Thames basically flipped today.

Stacker has been excellent for the past two weeks but had a quiet game. He's really raised his stock, in my eyes. UAPB is the only offer so far and I think more have to be on the way.

I just don't see much from Jones. He looks like a total reach/project for Mizzou.

Smith looks like a 5-star, as Miller already is. He had a rough game this morning but has been spectacular most of the entire event.

Turnbull is a long-term big for Butler. Really needs to add muscle and get more assertive. Should be a solid four-year big in college if he puts in the work. Same is true of Lewis, and he's probably a step behind Turnbull. Prep year might make sense for him.

Fears is the Chicago PG playing up with this team. Frustrating player. Has some talent but I question his PG instincts. Does one year make that big a difference? 

Banks is a PF from KC and I don't think SLU is recruiting him. He's been a perfect junkyard dog in some games and really sloppy in others. Not super skilled, and seems to play best at the rim, going for rebounds, putbacks, easy finishes. I really like him as a prospect if he could be more consistent.

I didn't understand the early Jones get at the time, and I get it much less after seeing him play. This is a Kim Anderson type get that leaves you confused. Cuonzo about to get roasted these next couple years

10 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Unfortunately, I don’t think we have much of a shot on this one.

It’s gonna be Big 10. I have no inside info at all, but my blind guess is Michigan.