Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kramer had 5 points and 2 rebounds in the first quarter. 2-4 from the field, 1-3 from 3. He hit his first one, then Thames fed him for a second attempt that missed, and he had to fade to his left a little on his final attempt at the first quarter buzzer.

Thames had 2, 2, and 1 in the first quarter. Missed a 3PA off a Kramer pass - good look from the corner. Got a nice rebound and drove full court to draw the foul. He was just starting to get out of control with it, so the foul was well timed.

Thames did some work in the second quarter. Fought a crowd for an offensive rebound to get a second chance bucket. Put some pressure on the ball handler all the way down the floor to eventually force a turnover. Got his own rebound after a contested missed layup. Drew a foul on a shot fake. Effort stuff all over the floor. Up to 6 rebounds now. Kramer grabbed a couple more, too, and BBE is up 34-21 at half.

Christian Winborne had SLU interest and committed to St. Joe's today. Big get for them - he's a solid 3-star, ranked #126 by Prep Hoops, and had plenty of power conference offers. I'm preserving his bio here for reference.

Christian Winborne - PG, 6-3, 175 - Baltimore, MD (Gilman) - AAU: Team Thrill (Under Armour Association) - Twitter: @Polothedon__
Offers: VCU, Massachusetts, St. Joseph's, Xavier, Seton Hall, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Nebraska, Northwestern, Kansas State, LSU, Harvard, Yale, Penn, Southeast Missouri, Mercer, Loyola-Maryland, UMBC, Bryant, Mount St. Mary's, Howard, Delaware State, Morgan State.

Interest: Saint Louis, Richmond, George Washington, George Mason, Georgetown, Providence, Seton Hall, Butler, Wake Forest, Pittsburgh, Boston College, Michigan, Maryland, Illinois, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Georgia, Stanford, Cincinnati, Temple, Tulsa, East Carolina, Utah State, Princeton, Cornell, Columbia, SIU-Carbondale, Florida Atlantic, East Tennessee State, Holy Cross, Lehigh, Towson, William & Mary, James Madison, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, Georgia State, South Alabama, Southeastern Louisiana, Stetson, Liberty.

Latest News: Winborne took official visits to Penn, Northwestern, and St. Joe's and unofficial visits to Harvard and Rutgers. (7/2/21)

Scouting Report: Winborne is a point guard with a well-rounded skill set. He makes plays for his teammates and knows how to use ball screens. He can hit threes consistently off the dribble or catch. He's a smart player who sees the floor and passes well. Prep Hoops - 126, 247Sports Composite - 212.

23 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Thames did some work in the second quarter. Fought a crowd for an offensive rebound to get a second chance bucket. Put some pressure on the ball handler all the way down the floor to eventually force a turnover. Got his own rebound after a contested missed layup. Drew a foul on a shot fake. Effort stuff all over the floor. Up to 6 rebounds now. Kramer grabbed a couple more, too, and BBE is up 34-21 at half.

-this is wonderful, my gosh how often do we go flying for a shot fake? wish our guys used it more

BBE ended up winning 80-54. Grew the lead every quarter.

Brandon Miller and Nick Smith are unreal. Smith in particular played out of his mind today. Couldn't miss from 3, saw the whole floor, just awesome. Both have SLU offers but Smith already has some finalists and we're not in the mix. To SLU's credit, Miller still mentions us as being involved - still, I'd be shocked if we end up in the final mix.

Connor Turnbull (FZN HS, Butler commit) was great today.

Braxton Stacker was solid, the beneficiary of the way Miller and Smith and to a lesser extent Fears opened things up. Tavion Banks, too - 10 and 9 in just 10 minutes, just putting back offensive rebounds and finishing lobs. Productive under the basket.

Kramer and Thames were solid, even if Kramer made only his first 3PA. He rimmed out the rest, save for an airball at the end of a shot clock late in the game after JL3 basically quit. Shooters have streaks like that. His shot looked fine. Just wish another 1-2 had gone in. Thames was so active today. Rebounded really well. Made hustle plays.

KyeRon Lindsay - F, 6-8, 205 - Denton, TX (Guyer) - AAU: ProSkills (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @KyeronLindsay21
Offers: Saint Louis, Oklahoma State, UNLV, Tulsa, SIU-Carbondale, Illinois-Chicago, Texas-El Paso, Texas-San Antonio, Rice, Old Dominion, Texas State, Northeastern, McNeese State, Texas-Arlington, Cal State-Fullerton.

Interest: Creighton, Butler, Notre Dame, Kansas, Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Iowa State, Texas A&M, South Carolina, LSU, Stanford, Arizona State, Utah, California, Washington State, Houston, SMU, South Florida, East Carolina, New Mexico, Boise State, Wyoming, BYU, San Diego, Princeton, Cornell, Brown, Loyola-Chicago, Indiana State, Illinois State, North Texas, Louisiana Tech, Florida International, Marshall, Western Michigan, Milwaukee, IUPUI, VMI, Lehigh, Army, Sam Houston State, Nicholls State, Lamar, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, New Orleans, Incarnate Word, Houston Baptist, Georgia State, Little Rock, South Alabama, Georgia Southern, South Dakota State, Oral Roberts, UC-Riverside, Maine, Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado, Longwood, Lipscomb, Liberty, New Mexico State, Texas-Rio Grande Valley, Howard, Morgan State.

Latest News: Lindsay received an offer from SLU, the latest in a flurry of offers as he explodes on the EYBL circuit. (7/20/21)

Scouting Report: Lindsay is a strong, tough, athletic forward who is very active at both ends. He can stretch defenders to mid-range with his jumper. He's comfortable facing up and finishes quickly with either hand. He runs the floor well, has good vision, and rebounds at both ends.

1 hour ago, A10Ref said:

As I said earlier, Forte gonna get us a Texas player. I can't wait.

I like this recruits size, our team needs bigs.

21 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I hope the player is good and not just from TX for the sake of being from TX

Ok St. just offered Lindsay yesterday so he's starting to turn some heads.  He's averaging 8.5 boards a game in the EYBL with that lean frame.  Just imagine what he could do after he grows into his full body in college.

Thinking about some of these Texas kids has had me wondering, how many top ~150ish recruits have we gotten from outside of the St. Louis area and/or how many non-local players with more than 2-3 offers from top 100 programs have come to SLU. I can only really think of a couple: Hasahn French and Kwamain Mitchell (HM to Davell Roby, Marcus Bartley and Demarius Jacobs who were all top ~300ish players). And then Cody Ellis and Rob Loe were both highly-touted as well. 

If Forte is able to land some of those type of kids from Texas, it will be very impressive. It is very difficult for schools at SLU's level to win out-of-state recruiting battles for highly ranked players. Honestly I don't think I appreciated enough how significant landing Hasahn French was at the time.

32 minutes ago, NH said:

Thinking about some of these Texas kids has had me wondering, how many top ~150ish recruits have we gotten from outside of the St. Louis area and/or how many non-local players with more than 2-3 offers from top 100 programs have come to SLU. I can only really think of a couple: Hasahn French and Kwamain Mitchell (HM to Davell Roby, Marcus Bartley and Demarius Jacobs who were all top ~300ish players). And then Cody Ellis and Rob Loe were both highly-touted as well. 

If Forte is able to land some of those type of kids from Texas, it will be very impressive. It is very difficult for schools at SLU's level to win out-of-state recruiting battles for highly ranked players. Honestly I don't think I appreciated enough how significant landing Hasahn French was at the time.

As you pointed out, we haven't had much success landing top 300 guys from outside of Missouri and Illinois, never mind top 150 guys.  That's why it's so critical to win recruiting battles for similarly ranked local guys, which this staff is doing at an all-time level. 

Pulling the occasional recruit out of Texas would be huge.  The amount of talent produced by that state is mind blowing.

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

As you pointed out, we haven't had much success landing top 300 guys from outside of Missouri and Illinois, never mind top 150 guys.  That's why it's so critical to win recruiting battles for similarly ranked local guys, which this staff is doing at an all-time level. 

Pulling the occasional recruit out of Texas would be huge.  The amount of talent produced by that state is mind blowing.

The amount of talent Texas is producing is only going to grow over the next decade.  The rate the under 18 demographic group is growing in that state is crazy.