Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Tyler Bilodeau - PF, 6-8, 190 - Kennewick, WA (Kamiakin) - AAU: Washington Supreme (Under Armour Association) - Twitter: @TylerBilodeau34
Offers: Saint Louis, Boise State.

Interest: Stanford, Utah, Washington State, Colorado State, Loyola-Chicago, Drake, Lafayette, South Alabama, Louisiana-Monroe, UC-Davis, Montana, Montana State, Eastern Washington, Idaho, Idaho State, Liberty, Seattle.

Latest News: Bilodeau received an offer from SLU. (7/12/21)

Scouting Report: Bilodeau is a stretch four who runs the floor like a guard. He can shoot it from beyond the three-point line, beat defenders off the dribble, and is effective with his back to the basket. He has great hands and good length, and rebounds well at both ends. He is the son of former NHL first-round draft pick Brent Bilodeau and WNBA player Cass Bauer, and his cousin is 2021 NFL first round draft pick Payton Turner.

-good bloodlines, looks to be a lot to like

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Kramer and Thames are on with BBE right now against Drive Nation in the first EYBL game of their season. They didn't put much on the stat sheet in the first quarter but they've been solid.

Kramer has really impressed me. Just the work he puts in on both ends. He seems like the type of guy who the rest of the A10 is going to hate for 4 years. 

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

@Pistolbesides kramer, thames and the butler kid, anyone else from STL?

Christian Jones from East St. Louis, the Mizzou commit. Robert Lewis and Braxton Stacker from Ritter.

I think that's it. Miller is from Nashville (5-star, one-and-done type, has a SLU offer), Smith is from Arkansas, Tavion Banks is from KC, Fears from Chicago.

wgstl likes this

Really impressed with both our guys. Thought it was interesting that Thames played basically the whole 4th quarter of a pretty close game. Both Kramer and Thames had 2 points, but I don’t put much stock in that considering it was a really sloppy offensive game all-round and the shooting numbers for both teams were absolutely dreadful. I really liked how much effort both put in on the defensive end especially. Excited to have both coming to Chaifetz.

4 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Fears can really get up the court and score at times, but you are right that at times it looks like he is handling a ball covered in grease. Brandon Miller was awesome in the opening quarter.

Yeah, it is easy to tell he's the best player on the floor. Turnbull was impressive too imo

10 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Really impressed with both our guys. Thought it was interesting that Thames played basically the whole 4th quarter of a pretty close game. Both Kramer and Thames had 2 points, but I don’t put much stock in that considering it was a really sloppy offensive game all-round and the shooting numbers for both teams were absolutely dreadful. I really liked how much effort both put in on the defensive end especially. Excited to have both coming to Chaifetz.

I'm not sure when he subbed in, but I was texting Pistol it would be nice to see him sub in for Stacker (really impressive athlete by the way) and then the next timeout that happened. Maybe because he is a better FT shooter than Stacker or maybe just because he didn't get many touches throughout the game? He certainly looks like he belongs, but he just didn't touch the ball enough to have a significant evaluation of him. I think really impressed would be a stretch for me based on this afternoon, but neither left me questioning whether they belong at this level as both seem to look the part and possess more than 1 skill (although if he goes 0-6 from deep and not overly close misses again in the next game I might have to question one of Kramer's skills haha). This is the first time I've watched either kid live.

Pistol likes this

10 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I'm not sure when he subbed in, but I was texting Pistol it would be nice to see him sub in for Stacker (really impressive athlete by the way) and then the next timeout that happened. Maybe because he is a better FT shooter than Stacker or maybe just because he didn't get many touches throughout the game? He certainly looks like he belongs, but he just didn't touch the ball enough to have a significant evaluation of him. I think really impressed would be a stretch for me based on this afternoon, but neither left me questioning whether they belong at this level as both seem to look the part and possess more than 1 skill (although if he goes 0-6 from deep and not overly close misses again in the next game I might have to question one of Kramer's skills haha). This is the first time I've watched either kid live.

Yeah, I don’t think that’s gonna happen again lol. It was just a sloppy game. So I take Kramer’s shooting numbers with a grain of salt. I was most impressed with his defense, both on ball and help defense, and the way he boxed out. Every time, he found his man and cleared him out. He’s a good enough shooter, I don’t worry much about that. If he can defend and rebound, Ford will find minutes for him.

24 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Yeah, I don’t think that’s gonna happen again lol. It was just a sloppy game. So I take Kramer’s shooting numbers with a grain of salt. I was most impressed with his defense, both on ball and help defense, and the way he boxed out. Every time, he found his man and cleared him out. He’s a good enough shooter, I don’t worry much about that. If he can defend and rebound, Ford will find minutes for him.

It looked like he kind of rushed the first couple of misses and then was just kind of off the rest of the game, but he is certainly able to get his shot off quick. Completely agree on his defense, he moves his feet really well and has a strong upper body that he is able to get on guys since he does such a good job of keeping in front of his man. Reminded me quite a bit of Drejaj in that sense, but maybe not as aggressive as Drejaj. Watching him, I think the kid is going to find a way to get minutes and I think Thames has some similar qualities despite being a different player.

30 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Yeah, it is easy to tell he's the best player on the floor. Turnbull was impressive too imo

Turnbull seems to have a really good feel for the game, I guess the only question I have is with his physicality, but he did contest a few shots nicely.

7 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Turnbull seems to have a really good feel for the game, I guess the only question I have is with his physicality, but he did contest a few shots nicely.

Totally agree about Turnbull. He had several nice blocks, but what I really liked about him was he seemed very patient in a game where everybody else seemed in a big hurry. He didn’t force anything. That’s a quality I really like in a player. Letting the game come to you.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

tool

brianstl likes this

I loved the play BBE ran to start the game. Turnbull won the tip, got it to Smith, rushed up court unguarded, and Smith hit him with a long pass all the way to the basket. He missed it and probably had enough time to square up and dunk it, but it was a brilliant way to start the game and they'd clearly worked on it. Turnbull isn't going to be a factor in the Big East right away but should get better every year.

Hoping to get a better sense for both Thames and Kramer tomorrow - or at least over the course of the next six games (I should be able to catch half of them). Like Turnbull, they're both guys who might take some time but I think the pieces are there.

32 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Reed, Hughes, Mayo and Martin are all playing for MoKan.  MoKan lost to Mean Streets yesterday.  Reed had a really nice game.

https://basketball.exposureevents.com/171456/event/documents/gamestatistics?ids=15122921&output=pdf&v=637618023585249203&r=11

Didn't realize how stacked that MoKan team was outside of the STL guys. Also didn't realize Rob Martin had switched from BBE to Mokan.

I will feel better about the trend of guys who probably would have played for the Eagles in prior years going over to play for Mokan once we start landing some guys from that program. My guess is that won't be happening in 2022.

Jayden Epps committed to Illinois yesterday. Originally committed to Providence, reopened, then called it for Illinois. SLU was an early offer but not a factor down the stretch.

Also, Treyvon Lewis committed to Loyola yesterday. SLU was interested but didn't offer. Pasting his bio below in case I need it later (offers get saved, but I let interests disappear and should probably keep them to make them searchable).

Treyvon Lewis - SG, 6-5, 185 - Ferndale, MI (Ferndale) - AAU: The Family (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @Elite_kid5
Offers: VCU, Loyola-Chicago,
Toledo, Kent State, Siena.

Interest: Saint Louis, Dayton, Duquesne, Xavier, Butler, Marquette, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Minnesota, Iowa State, Kansas State, Florida, Missouri, Cincinnati, Temple, Tulsa, East Carolina, Boise State, Air Force, Belmont, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Miami-Ohio, Bowling Green, Cleveland State, Milwaukee, Youngstown State, IUPUI, UNC-Wilmington, Iona, LIU-Brooklyn, Liberty.

Latest News: Lewis visited Michigan State. (7/2/21)

Scouting Report: Lewis is a big guard with high-level scoring ability. He can create his own shot and is comfortable off the catch or dribble, has an easy stroke, and range well beyond the NBA 3-point line. He has good length, creates mismatches at both ends, and handles the ball well for his size.

It is strange looking at the box scores from the EYBL yesterday and seeing the St Louis kids on MoKan getting more minutes in their game than the St. Louis kids on BBE did in their game.  Tarris Reed had another strong game for MoKan and it looks like LHJ had a nice all around game for MoKan, too.  None of the St. Louis kids on BBE jump out on the stat sheet, but that is kind of hard to do when none of them got more than 15 minutes.