Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

3 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I’m guessing the fact that he’s announcing tonight might be good for us....???

Could be, but it’s also a local player that is considering Mizzou. It’s not like Frank C doesn’t care about Mizzou. If the decision was between SLU and any school other than Mizzou, I’d feel pretty good about our chances. Since it is SLU and Mizzou, I’ll say it’s a coin flip.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea who he is down to? I know Mizzou offered not long ago, but I would think getting the commitment from the ESL kid takes them out of the race here having only 2 open scholarships for the 2022 class and using one on Jones. SEMO and Georgetown are the other offers reported on Verbal Commits. I think it has to be us assuming he is a definite take.

28 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Did I see somewhere that Thames and Kramer are really close...or did I just make that up (I’ve been known to do that).

That would certainly seem plausible as teammates on BBE and future Billiken teammates. I am planning on watching Thames next week and have no real take on him, what do others think of him? Will definitely make watching BBE and him next week along with Kramer more interesting!

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

Anybody know who we could be looking at in Birmingham?

He's looking at a lot of players. It's the Adidas 3SSB Live event in Hoover. Some names already on our lists:

2022 offers:
Aaron Lemon-Warren (K-Low Elite; recently reclassified from 2021)
Elijah Saunders (Compton Magic)
Scotty Washington (Dream Vision)
Quion Williams (Southern Assault)

2022 interest:
Malcolm Jones (D1 Minnesota)
Melian Martinez (Garner Road)
Austin Nunez (Southern Assault)
Charlie Randall (NY Jayhawks)
Joshua Rivera (NY Jayhawks)

2023 offers:
Finley Bizjack (Southern Assault)
Trevor Smith (Team Loaded VA)

2023 interest:
Maki Johnson (Wildcat Select)
C.J. Smith (Trae Young Elite)

2024 interest:
Travis Perry (Indiana Elite)
Micah Robinson (Southern Assault)

And there will certainly be new names of interest that come from this, possibly some offers. 3SSB is now the highest level of Adidas AAU and used to be called Gauntlet - equivalent of EYBL for Nike.

TheChosenOne likes this

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

He's looking at a lot of players. It's the Adidas 3SSB Live event in Hoover. Some names already on our lists:

2022 offers:
Aaron Lemon-Warren (K-Low Elite; recently reclassified from 2021)
Elijah Saunders (Compton Magic)
Scotty Washington (Dream Vision)
Quion Williams (Southern Assault)

2022 interest:
Malcolm Jones (D1 Minnesota)
Melian Martinez (Garner Road)
Charlie Randall (NY Jayhawks)
Joshua Rivera (NY Jayhawks)

2023 offers:
Finley Bizjack (Southern Assault)
Trevor Smith (Team Loaded VA)

2023 interest:
Maki Johnson (Wildcat Select)
C.J. Smith (Trae Young Elite)

2024 interest:
Travis Perry (Indiana Elite)

And there will certainly be new names of interest that come from this, possibly some offers. 3SSB is now the highest level of Adidas AAU and used to be called Gauntlet - equivalent of EYBL for Nike.

Awesome. Thanks guys.

Brian is right that Forte is prioritizing Bizjack and Williams and the Southern Assault program currently, which also now features 2022 interest Austin Nunez. There are other TX recruits who might not be playing for that program right now but are close with those players through AAU or HS - guys like Jalen Reed, Jaret Valencia, Wayne Wiggins, Samson Aletan, R.J. Jones, Isaiah Manning, and Amir McMillan. Forte has quickly established SLU as a player within this age group in Texas.

brianstl likes this

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Brian is right that Forte is prioritizing Bizjack and Williams and the Southern Assault program currently, which also now features 2022 interest Austin Nunez. There are other TX recruits who might not be playing for that program right now but are close with those players through AAU or HS - guys like Jalen Reed, Jaret Valencia, Wayne Wiggins, Samson Aletan, R.J. Jones, Isaiah Manning, and Amir McMillan. Forte has quickly established SLU as a player within this age group in Texas.

Micah Robinson 2024 is a kid to probably add to the interest list from Southern Assault.  He already holds offers from Texas Tech and SMU.  The kid trains with the "much loved" Tyler Relph.

Pistol likes this

Any SLU assistants at the Under Armour event this weekend in Georgia?

We've got recruits on Illinois Wolves (Jalen Quinn), Team Thrill (Christian Moore, Christian Winborne), Gateway (Brian Taylor 17U, Jorden Williams 15U), Pro Skills Nashville (Adam Miller), and KC Run GMC (Braden Appelhans), although I don't know if that last one is participating this session.

4 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I don’t know how clued in this guy is, but I’ve heard of him and he does do some sort of Mizzou coverage, so it’s not like he’s a complete nobody.

It looks like he does work with RockMNation covering Mizzou. His explanation:  

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

It looks like he does work with RockMNation covering Mizzou. His explanation:  

IF Kellen commits to SLU, I'm calling it early that the Mizzou trolls online will claim that Mizzou's offer to Kellen wasn't really a committable offer / only given to him bc of his dad, MIZ wasn't really recruiting him, and that MIZ already has/will get better players with their open scholarships.  

Snelling is already setting the stage with this thread.

The claims most certainly will not be in the tongue in cheek / joke variety of "we stopped recruiting him" posts on this board.

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I don’t know how clued in this guy is, but I’ve heard of him and he does do some sort of Mizzou coverage, so it’s not like he’s a complete nobody.

He's a tool - Snelling that is. Thames remains to be seen - to tool or not to tool?

48 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I listened to that part of Frank’s show again and he said it should happen around 5:20 tonight.

Question.  I see Thames has offers from three reasonably high profile schools ..... Mizzary, Georgetown, SLU.  SEMO also offered. 

Given the profile of three of his four offers, why do I not see other offers on the recruiting sites?

And why is he not rated? 

Certainly he has the pedigree, son of a D1 star.  He has size and athleticism.  He plays for a high profile AAU team.  What am a I missing?