Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Turnbull wanted Okoro’s #5. He wouldn’t give it up so he went to Butler where he could wear it.

This happens a lot in Billikenland. 

If he wanted Okoro’s #5, he should’ve bought Okoro a Rolex. That’s standard operating procedure for jersey number transactions. Good riddance.

2 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

If he wanted Okoro’s #5, he should’ve bought Okoro a Rolex. That’s standard operating procedure for jersey number transactions. Good riddance.

Nope. Sorry. Players transfer due to Jersey issues. Just ask our old troll TFordTRavs. He had ‘inside information’ that Zeke Moore transferred because Goodwin wanted his number 23, which he obviously didn’t. 

21 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Nope. Sorry. Players transfer due to Jersey issues. Just ask our old troll TFordTRavs. He had ‘inside information’ that Zeke Moore transferred because Goodwin wanted his number 23, which he obviously didn’t. 

Oh, I know. I love that it’s become a running joke. It’s a classic.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:12 PM, SLURadioBoy said:

Williams seems to be a fan of Forte.

From Rivals on Friday:

"The athletic 6-foot-5 wing collected scholarship offers from Georgia, Kansas State, Ole Miss and Oklahoma State since the weekend. Prior to the live periods, he held offers from Houston, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and several mid-major programs.

Since the dead period ended at the start of June, Williams visited Houston, Oklahoma State and TCU. He plans to visit Texas A&M this week."

"Williams doesn’t plan to commit any time soon as he’s still waiting to see which schools recruit him throughout the summer. Relationships will play the biggest role in his decision. At the moment, he said Houston and Saint Louis have done the best job recruiting him. Kelvin Sampson and assistant Kellen Sampson built a strong relationship early on and impressed him on his recent visit. Saint Louis assistant Phil Forte, who came up through the same travel program as Williams, has played a big part in getting the Billikens in the mix."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/lone-star-state-product-quion-williams-is-a-rising-star

1 minute ago, A10Ref said:

We get Thames - that's what Travis does. He gets his dudes.

Question to everyone who knows more about this than I do (which is everyone): I know it’s been discussed in this thread as recently as a couple weeks ago, but if we do get Thames, what do you think the chances are we could get Larry Jr. too? I believe Frank said it was possible, but it would probably be either/or? Do you guys agree with that? Just curious.

6 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

Question to everyone who knows more about this than I do (which is everyone): I know it’s been discussed in this thread as recently as a couple weeks ago, but if we do get Thames, what do you think the chances are we could get Larry Jr. too? I believe Frank said it was possible, but it would probably be either/or? Do you guys agree with that? Just curious.

If we get Thames, who is I think is projected as a PG, and Kramer, who is a SG, I don’t think we will get Hughes. With his recruitment still not taking off, I wouldn’t be surprised if he decides to go to a prep school next.

Reinert310 likes this

1 minute ago, SLURadioBoy said:

If we get Thames, who is think is projected as a PG, and Kramer, who is a SG, I don’t think we will get Hughes. With his recruitment still not taking off, I would be surprised if he decides to go to a prep school next.

I anticipate prep school too

Reinert310 likes this

15 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Thames is playing some backup point guard but top 25 rising junior Jeremy Fears Jr. is BBE's primary point guard.  Thames is more of a jack-of-all trades.  Think a taller Davell Roby.

You mean a shorter Davell Roby.  

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

Some of this Thames talk is getting out of hand.

This was less than a month ago.  Kelly Thames is 6'7.  Corey Tate is 6'3, maybe.  Kellen doesn't look 6'6 to me.

He’s literally leaning down on Tate. If his dad is 6-7 he’s at least 6-5. I think you’re just grasping at straws here

10 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

He’s literally leaning down on Tate. If his dad is 6-7 he’s at least 6-5. I think you’re just grasping at straws here

Besides that, I'm pretty sure Kelly Thames grew to a legit 6-8 (or more) by the time he finished college.  He was playing center, basically, after his knee injury, because there was no one else really capable of covering the post.

I encountered the elder Thames after his playing days; dude is very tall.

This is more directed at recruiting in general than 22 specifically, but it is interesting to watch what is going with the MPJ (Michael Porter Jr. Elite) AAU program.  They appear to have quickly established themselves as a player and I only expect them to grow.  Puma appears to be committed to grass roots through their signed players and MPJ seems to be operated really well so far.  I really can't think of another AAU program that is doing a better job of promoting it's players out there on social media.  It isn't just the the 16U and 17U kids, either.  They are out there effectively hyping up the kids in their program that are class of 2026.

Hats off to @seanwest and the others involved.

TheChosenOne and Pistol like this

On 6/24/2021 at 9:12 AM, Pistol said:

Elijah Saunders - F, 6-8, 215 - Scottsdale, AZ (Sunnyslope) - AAU: Compton Magic (Adidas 3SSB) - Twitter: @elijahsaunders_
Offers: Saint Louis, Duquesne, New Mexico, Fresno State, San Jose State, Loyola Marymount, San Diego, Texas-El Paso, Rice, Lehigh, Boston, South Dakota, UC-Davis, UC-Riverside, Cal Poly, Montana, Northern Arizona.

Interest: George Washington, Illinois, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Arizona, USC, Utah, Washington State, UNLV, Utah State, Wyoming, Colorado State, Boise State, Saint Mary's, San Francisco, Portland, Pacific, Princeton, SIU-Carbondale, Missouri State, Marshall, Illinois-Chicago, Northern Illinois, IUPUI, East Tennessee State, Holy Cross, William & Mary, Sam Houston State, South Alabama, NJIT, UC-Irvine, UC-Santa Barbara, Cal State-Fullerton, Cal State-Bakersfield, Southern Utah, Montana State, Eastern Washington, Sacramento State, Jacksonville, California Baptist, Dixie State, Howard.

Latest News: Saunders received offers from Lehigh and UC-Davis. He has received a dozen offers in the past week. (6/24/21)

Scouting Report: Saunders is a tough, versatile forward with an inside-out game. He can shoot from the perimeter and is a smart, effective post player. He runs the floor and plays well in transition. He finishes strong and doesn't fear contact. He handles the ball well for his size. He moves well on defense and shows good footwork on both ends. He plays really hard.

-Almost all of his offers came in the past week. Good to get in while he's on the rise but I also wonder about getting lost in the shuffle. This kid has a hard-nosed game that would fit well at SLU.

Saunders father, Yaki, played hoops with Tate at Mineral Area.  Yaki and Tate both were all region players while there in 1992-93. Yaki went on to Arkansas State.  Yaki has a pretty interesting back story.  He overcame a lot and at one time even dropped out of high school.

Pistol and BilliesBy40 like this